Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 21065 times)

Offline GazzaS

Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
Looks like you you have your work cut out for you, Terri.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2020, 10:55:15 PM »
Another challenging build that you are making the most of Terri! Looking awesome!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2020, 11:01:31 PM »
Be sure to get that -1.5 degrees of incidence on that tail!   ;D

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 06:15:26 AM »
Another of your shelf queens has been deposed! You are choosing some really exiting subjects at the moment Terri - and bringing them to some startling conclusions. If your recent record is anything to go by, this is going to be another master-build.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 11:52:19 AM »
Thanks guys , always glad to have you tagging along  :)

Ken , will try my best ...buy it ain;t no Mustang  ;)

Stephen , I try to do subjects that no else has on the go and to add a bit of colour !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »
The more I work away on the bits the more I didn't like the frame work and having the front end short was really putting a thron in my side .

Sooooo ... out comes a fresh sheet and new formers are made . The very rear I will reuse and the firewall/rear engine details . This is already set to the hole in the fuselage and an item I don't want to remake . But I did cut out a new one just in case . I did reuse part of the slanted former to make the former I missed last time  ::)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
You're smart to take the easy way. Forcing the issue never ends well. So much easier to start anew than try to push it when your inner modeler is sending you warnings. You're going to be much happier this way and it will likely be less work with a better result than if you had tried to make the first interior work. I only wish my inner modeler had a louder alarm bell, (or I listen better ) Looks like you are off to a great start on the new interior.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 03:22:25 PM »
Terri,

I see parts like that and I'm reminded of the days when I tried balsa wood and paper kits.  Looking forward to your next update!

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »
Getting things the way you want them will certainly increase your level of satisfaction Terri! Looking forward to the "New" frame!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 11:03:14 PM »
Thanks guys  8)

If I would have pressed on it only would increase my frustration of not being happy about it . Life is about being happy after all .
 ;) And if the woman is happy , life is good for everyone !

Terri , one VERY happy lady  ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 11:16:03 PM »
I have never built a complete biplane in resin before, but the formula seems simple:
Resin = Extra work
You can do it!

And if the woman is happy , life is good for everyone !
Oh, then I don't want to know the opposite :o

;D ;D

Cheers,
FRank

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 02:18:58 AM »
Hi Terri,

Watching right along and hoping you stay happy!  :D

Looks great so far....Dan

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
Thanks Frank and Dan  ;D

Frank , resin kits really aren't all that different then plastic kits , but some do need a little extra attention and others and will challenge your skills .

Gaz , I have built a few balsa planes , but I could never get them to actually fly .  :-\

Small steps where made yesterday by finishing the clean up of the parts , sanding and test fitting each former to the inside of the fuselage and cutting the notches for the runners . Starting from the rear bulk head working my way forward . I cut the runners longer this time to allow for the curve and will trim once the fire wall is in place where it should be . I also took the time and added the engine mount frame to the back side of the firewall . This is set aside to full try before I add the other frame parts . While this is curing I started having a look at the engine . My kit came with the white metal one and was cast deformed . Trying to file this out was becoming a nightmare so I pulled a resin one out of the parts bin . ( old eduard kit ) Will not be using the PE push rods part doesn't fit on either engine away . So detail will be added .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 10:42:28 PM »
 :o
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2020, 11:52:56 PM »
The New frame looks excellent Terri, as does the engine bearer details. The resin engine should be a nice replacement!
RAGIII