Author Topic: Meng announces a 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1  (Read 40284 times)

Offline macsporran

Re: Meng announces a 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2020, 02:01:50 AM »
"While the Meng Dr.1 is the Wingnuts plastic, I understand the Meng kit will not have the Wingnuts instructions booklet with it."

Thanks for the confirmation, Dave. I had assumed they would print their own instructions and decals as these would not have been part of the Wingnuts/Meng moulding contract.

So.... I am ignoring box-art, instructions, decals etc and regarding this as a way of buying the complete Wingnuts over trees set for a Triplane at less than half the cost a fully-released Wingnuts kit. I don't think you can go wrong if you approach it this way. If the Meng book and decals are any good it's a bonus! I have three on order from LuckyModels at around 135USD including shipping all-in. So, I can add Ray's book and Pheon/Aviattic decals and still be quids in.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:11:16 PM by macsporran »

Offline Gene K

« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2020, 04:58:26 AM »
Ray Rimell is working on an Albatros special publication to model the Fokker Dr.1 ... .

Dave,

Excellent, thanks!!

I assume this https://tinyurl.com/ydauqr9t is the best site to track progress and availability? Also, do you know if Albatros does Pre-ordering (Add To Cart is not yet active)?

Gene K

Offline Petie2nd

« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »
Or, you could watch for updates under Albatros Productions in the "Hobby Shop" section of this very site. I'm sure Ray will keep us well-informed of progress.

You should also browse his site to find many (perhaps too many) other useful titles he has available. I've purchased many times direct from Albatros, and service is always excellent!

Pete

Offline Gene K

« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2020, 12:23:47 AM »
Thanks, Pete.

I'll check out the Hobby Shop section here. Bought from Albatros in the past and my experiences have also been positive like yours.

I'm anticipating the book as much as the kit!!!

Gene K

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2020, 12:43:51 AM »
All of the parts in one box will be a decided advantage at the cost of this kit! As mentioned earlier extra parts May be of use for enhancing the Roden kit. If I have things correct we should get. F1 Ailerons, Early Ailerons, late Ailerons, F1 Tailplane, Dr1 Tailplane,F1 rudder, Dr1 rudder, and two axle wings. ( Not to mention the other small items like the telescopic gunsight). I would assume the instructions will indicate which parts to use for the included schemes. My concern is for those of us who May not use kit markings. In particular the Narrow and wide chord Axle wing. Is there a source that indicates a particular block number where that change occurred? I don't recall it mentioned in Alex Imrie's book or in Greg van Wyngardens Fokker Dr1 Jadgestaffeln book. Thanks for any referrals!
RAGIII

PS: Funny thing about the Axle wing is I never worried about it until WNW designed two versions  ::)

PPS: I wonder if the Windsock book will cover the Axle wing question? Ray?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:55:59 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2020, 12:42:13 AM »
It'd also be a bonus if there's more than one windscreen to be used on the Roden.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline RichieW

« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2020, 06:28:52 AM »
Just pre ordered one without the bust for £69.99. The price is right, I reckon the plastic will be too.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2020, 11:51:31 AM »
I'm always late to the party but, and I know it's a test shot, is that top wing warped on the facebook build ala the first batch of 1/48th Dragon Dr1's back in the day?

Steve

Offline Bill_S

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2020, 01:07:40 AM »
I'm wondering if it will come with WNW-designed photoetch...

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
I'm always late to the party but, and I know it's a test shot, is that top wing warped on the facebook build ala the first batch of 1/48th Dragon Dr1's back in the day?

Steve
?! Really I’ve pre ordered so I hope not!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave J

« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2020, 11:35:15 AM »
I'm wondering if it will come with WNW-designed photoetch...

No it won't, Meng did post an image of the PE that will be coming with the kit, but I can't seem to find it now. The PE was fret-less and the parts were mounted to paper/card.. But the Spandu jackets are incorrect, but the correct on the WNW Plastic.

Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2020, 06:47:16 PM »
As mentioned I did something unprecedented and ordered from a Chinese seller on EBay. I got cold feet after a few weeks in case it was a scam ( it showed ‘last one’ even after being sold!) so asked to cancel order. Apparently it’s been sent to the post office and I’ll  be getting a tracking number in 48hrs.

So assuming they are not just blowing me off it’s on it’s way. So if this is true a Dr1 is making its way to me, let’s hope it doesn’t take months. D

Offline Dave J

« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2020, 07:20:24 AM »
As mentioned I did something unprecedented and ordered from a Chinese seller on EBay. I got cold feet after a few weeks in case it was a scam ( it showed ‘last one’ even after being sold!) so asked to cancel order. Apparently it’s been sent to the post office and I’ll  be getting a tracking number in 48hrs.

So assuming they are not just blowing me off it’s on it’s way. So if this is true a Dr1 is making its way to me, let’s hope it doesn’t take months. D

I hope so, Looking at HobbyEasy and Luckymodel they haven't received stock as of yet, normally they are pretty quick to get once its available.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2020, 07:55:28 PM »
Just got message saying posted - be here by October 21st- hmm I won’t hold my breath...

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2020, 12:48:51 AM »
FYI i've never tried luckymodel but i've always gotten terrific service from hobbyeasy. only downside is they ship untracked and don't communicate much (hardly at all).