Author Topic: Meng announces a 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1  (Read 40339 times)

Offline rondoz

Re: Meng announces a 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2020, 12:27:56 AM »

Offline eclarson

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2020, 11:30:22 AM »
Should have mine within the next week.  Pre-ordered from Sprue Brothers who has announced the kits should be in their warehouse later this week.

Eric

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »
Should have mine within the next week.  Pre-ordered from Sprue Brothers who has announced the kits should be in their warehouse later this week.

Eric

The downside of ordering from Lucky Models is that mine May Not arrive until October. That being said ordering a second from Sprue Brothers Might happen  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2020, 02:17:02 PM »

Eric

The downside of ordering from Lucky Models is that mine May Not arrive until October. That being said ordering a second from Sprue Brothers Might happen  8)
RAGIII
Yes could be at the departing airport for a while...
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Gene K

« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2020, 04:59:59 AM »
...  ordering a second from Sprue Brothers Might happen .

Why did you have to say that?? Let's see ... [typing] ... www.spruebrothers. ... .  ;)

Gene K

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2020, 06:01:40 AM »
...  ordering a second from Sprue Brothers Might happen .

Why did you have to say that?? Let's see ... [typing] ... www.spruebrothers. ... .  ;)

Gene K

Lets see, there are 395 normal ones available and 183 ones with the bust on Sprubros. The busty one is a fair bit more expensive, but I was under the impression only 1000 would be produced as a special limited edition (although can't find the number anywhere again lol).

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2020, 11:21:56 PM »
I just received an email from Sprue Brothers saying my Meng Dr.I pre-order has shipped.  The USPS tracking link does not show anything, but the Sprue Brothers message says that the tracking link may not show data for 24 hours.  We'll see, but it looks like this kit will be out sooner rather than later!

Best regards,

Bob   

Offline eclarson

« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2020, 12:06:00 AM »
I just received an email from Sprue Brothers saying my Meng Dr.I pre-order has shipped.  The USPS tracking link does not show anything, but the Sprue Brothers message says that the tracking link may not show data for 24 hours.  We'll see, but it looks like this kit will be out sooner rather than later!

Best regards,

Bob

Me too!  Yes, give the tracking link a day to become active.  Just because a tracking number has been issued doesn't mean the item is physically in the hands of the shipping carrier.
SB had posted earlier this week on their Facebook page that the Dr.1s were on their way through customs in Chicago and they'd be on hand later this week.  Very exciting!

Eric

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2020, 03:38:44 AM »
Nice!  I pre-ordered yesterday.

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2020, 04:01:45 AM »
Got shipment notification, Sprue are usually good at shipping the day they issue tracking. Mine is set to deliver on the 19th, but that can change a day or two once its in the system

Anyone else get the one with the bust? I also pre-ordered an ordinary one from Andys.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2020, 04:07:39 AM »
RAGIII
Fingers crossed, Rick. I ordered three of them at Lucky Models' ridiculously cheap price expecting an October delivery, but checking today, I see they are in "Packing". Might be earlier than expected!
Sandy

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2020, 04:12:16 AM »
RAGIII
Fingers crossed, Rick. I ordered three of them at Lucky Models' ridiculously cheap price expecting an October delivery, but checking today, I see they are in "Packing". Might be earlier than expected!
Sandy

I Hope so! On the other hand there is that SLOW BOAT from China  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2020, 01:30:13 AM »
My 2 copies arrived on Friday from Sprue Brothers.   While it does not have the beautiful, authoritative instruction booklet or the Steve Anderson box art, it is the WNW kit we wanted.  The decals are not my pick of subjects, so I will be looking for more options and hope that new ones will be out soon.  The kit does have both the round and square access panels, 3 types of cowlings, 3 propellers and   2 sets of ailerons so nearly any F1/Dr.I can be made from the kit.  The big issue will the availability of decals for the aftermarket, which I expect will materialize shortly.

Highly recommended.  Now, would Wingnuts allow any of their projects and nascent research, drawings go to other companies?  (HP, Hanriot) 

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2020, 02:59:13 AM »
Seeing what the kit looks like I was going to wait for a supplier here in Canada , but I couldn't wait and I order one from Lucky Models , first time ordering through them . I opt for the EMS shipping at 3 days , it will take longer them that so we wait and see .....

I do hope in the future the molds will resurface ....I still need a Pfalz D.12 !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline mgunns

« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2020, 03:06:22 AM »
RAGIII
Sandy

I Hope so! On the other hand there is that SLOW BOAT from China  ;D

RAGIII

Seeing as people were getting their kits from Sprue Brothers and Andy's HHQ, I cancelled my order from Lucky Model and ordered one from SB and my local Hobby Shop in Tempe.   I did receive confirmation of a refund.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....