Author Topic: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke  (Read 88252 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Hobby Craft 1/32nd SPAD XIII times Three: plus Aviattic Luke
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2020, 06:15:18 AM »
A couple of photos to show todays work. Changed the piping and did a rework of the canvas bag. I also did some more painting. As always still a lot to do!
RAGIII

PS: Please excuse the Pen in the photo. I added this to show My Non Modeling Friends on Face Book the general size of what I am working on.

PPS: There is some touch up needed where the earlier incorrect Pipe was located and the seat is not attached.
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Radarman

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2020, 06:26:42 AM »
RAGIII,
Looking good. I'm really enjoying this, or should I say, these builds.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline FAf

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2020, 06:36:43 AM »
Good work! I've done some triple and quadruple builds, but never in this scale and certainly not WWI subjects with all that rigging and aligning of wings, etc. You must have a good system in place for organising this!?

Cheers Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2020, 08:39:11 AM »
RAGIII,
Looking good. I'm really enjoying this, or should I say, these builds.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate you following along, and of course, the comment!
RAGIII

Good work! I've done some triple and quadruple builds, but never in this scale and certainly not WWI subjects with all that rigging and aligning of wings, etc. You must have a good system in place for organising this!?

Cheers Fredrik

Thank You Fredrik. Greatly appreciated.
RAGIII

So the end of todays painting session. The remaining fuselage halves are painted...save one as I am still not sure if I am doing Guynemers as the third. If I do the panel behind the cockpit on the left side is not there so it would remain Linen. Decisions, Decisions!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2020, 09:32:43 AM »
Excellent effect with the wood grain Rick , must say you are making good progress on these three . Good for you !  :) But you know , that orange pen isn't to scale ! ;) Now if you can scratch build one ...now we're talking !  ;D

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2020, 10:43:08 AM »
Three schmee Rick...you're using mirrors :-)
Well whatever you do, you'll have it down pat by the time you get to #3.
A most ambitious project. You look to have gotten off to a great start. I look forward to seeing your progress. If I time it right you will stay a step or two ahead of my Spad build and I can make use of some of your good ideas.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2020, 04:17:36 PM »
Great work Richard, if you don't mind, I will be following your build as I managed to get my hands on a Hobbycraft SPAD XIII

Kent

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2020, 05:20:37 PM »
Excellent progress, Rick  :o
I'd be happy with one Spad on the flight line...but 3? Now that's just showing off  ;D

Good luck!
vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2020, 10:05:55 PM »
Excellent effect with the wood grain Rick , must say you are making good progress on these three . Good for you !  :) But you know , that orange pen isn't to scale ! ;) Now if you can scratch build one ...now we're talking !  ;D

Terri

Thanks Terri! Not going to scratch build a pen...maybe a pencil in the Map Holder  ::)
RAGIII

Three schmee Rick...you're using mirrors :-)
Well whatever you do, you'll have it down pat by the time you get to #3.
A most ambitious project. You look to have gotten off to a great start. I look forward to seeing your progress. If I time it right you will stay a step or two ahead of my Spad build and I can make use of some of your good ideas.
sp

Mirrors, I should have thought of that as it would make this Much easier  ;D Thanks for the comments SP!
RAGIII

Great work Richard, if you don't mind, I will be following your build as I managed to get my hands on a Hobbycraft SPAD XIII

Kent

Thanks Kent, Greatly appreciated! Glad you got ahold of a SPAD It lacks in some details but overall is fairly nice. As for Me, I am following Richards and Mikes builds although mine will not be anywhere near to the details !

RAGIII

Excellent progress, Rick  :o
I'd be happy with one Spad on the flight line...but 3? Now that's just showing off  ;D

Good luck!
vB  ;)

Thanks Bob, greatly appreciate your support!
RAGIII

Offline RichieW

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2020, 10:55:24 PM »
You are a modelling machine Rick, I'm finding lockdown has meant I'm spending less time at the bench but you are motoring along.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2020, 10:59:53 PM »
You are a modelling machine Rick, I'm finding lockdown has meant I'm spending less time at the bench but you are motoring along.

Thanks Richie. I am Retired so Lockdown has not really been Much of a change for Me  8)
RAGIII

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2020, 01:57:23 AM »
The triplets are coming along beautifully Rick.  To quote others, you are a machine.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2020, 02:38:03 AM »
You certainly build quickly Rick. Never mind the touching in - when all is done the results are first class in every case.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2020, 03:36:58 AM »
The triplets are coming along beautifully Rick.  To quote others, you are a machine.

Thanks Juan. I am working on the other two cockpit floors today. Trying a couple things differently on these new ones. Hoping it will be easier.
RAGIII

You certainly build quickly Rick. Never mind the touching in - when all is done the results are first class in every case.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen! I just took a look at My Old build and pretty much nothing can be seen forward of the stick....but as the saying goes, I will know it is there  ::)
RAGIII

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2020, 07:50:36 AM »
 Rick,
It's always great to see a SPAD under construction,but three at once is amazing. Looking forward to following along my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:58:26 AM by GAJouette »
" What Me Worry"