Author Topic: Copper state model Nieuport 17 1/32  (Read 28606 times)

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Copper state model Nieuport 17 1/32
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2018, 06:18:46 AM »
It may be interesting for you guys, to know that we will include also an ALKAN sync Lewis Nieuports

Yes, that's excellent attention to detail. I regularly model the appropriate trigger mechanism on my models

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »
Excellent news, Edgar thank you.
Can't wait.
S

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2018, 07:45:51 AM »
Dayum!  If these computer images are any indication of what this kit will look like, I believe I can safely say that WNW can scoot over some because there is another high-end contender in 1/32 scale aviation modelling to keep them company at the top!
Honor Necessity

Offline Borsos

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2018, 08:04:21 AM »
With a Halberstadt Cl. II and a Nieuport 17 comming this year I think I'll have to finish my ongoing projects, clean up my workbench and buy lots of new blades and drilling bits... Very good days are coming... :)
Edgar, would you tell us a little more regarding the marking options ?  ;)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2018, 08:10:20 AM »
I can't wait.  looks exquisite already

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »
And obviously varying versions! So very exciting. Talk about anticipation. Hope you can beat the Wingnut christmas release, Edgar...oh, how I hope.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline rayb24

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
Oh wow, I can think of three aircraft I’d want to build just off the top of my head.
This is just too tantalizing

Ray

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
Excellent rendering.
I know these Noops will be special. I feel it in the Force  8) ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2018, 11:11:59 PM »
I am very excited about this release to say the least and it seems to be getting better with each tidbit passed on! I May even have to put the Storks back in my lineup which I dropped when I realized I really didn't want to build Hobbycraft Nieuports for the Lafayette Escadrille and the Storks. Now about the SPAD VII, XII, and XIII  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:15 AM »
I have a question for Edgar if he is watching this thread: Do you have any insight or information suggesting that the Nieuport 17 (or any other kits that Copper State Models is considering for 1/32 scale) is not being planned for kitting by WNW and are future subjects in 1/32 scale being planned by CSM with this in mind?  Thanks in advance.
Honor Necessity

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2018, 12:57:58 AM »
I have a question for Edgar if he is watching this thread: Do you have any insight or information suggesting that the Nieuport 17 (or any other kits that Copper State Models is considering for 1/32 scale) is not being planned for kitting by WNW and are future subjects in 1/32 scale being planned by CSM with this in mind?  Thanks in advance.

An interesting question that I am almost sure will be answered with a No  ::) That being said I don't think WNW can or will do a better job on the molds. So it all comes down to support even if WNW does release one. JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online petrov27

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2018, 01:20:02 AM »
It does continue to look fantastic - hoping for lots of markings options or that aftermarket companies provide additional decals too....

In a perfect world it would be ideal if CSM and WNW would be able to have a level of communication that would at least reduce the chance of both companies working on the same subject matter as I doubt either would benefit if they were to release the same subject (step on each others toes so to speak) - not sure if that sort of thing is workable though (and doubtful we would hear about it if so)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:53:45 AM by petrov27 »
-Patrick

Offline macsporran

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2018, 01:44:15 AM »
Well you can't fault Edgar: he is giving us (and WNW) advance warning of the impending CSM Nie 17. It would be most helpful if Wingnuts laid out their plans for the next two years and others could then choose to complement them with other subjects.
(If you remember back to the first couple of years they did exactly that with b&w pictures of the future Snipe, Triplane etc. I suppose they were trying to build a following back then of course).
S
Wouldn't want to duplicate two or three 1/32 Staakens now would we?

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2018, 04:58:04 AM »
Well you can't fault Edgar: he is giving us (and WNW) advance warning of the impending CSM Nie 17. It would be most helpful if Wingnuts laid out their plans for the next two years and others could then choose to complement them with other subjects....

There are still 17 "empty " numbers in the WnW line so even if They did tell Edgar what they plan, I am sure he would not break silence on the matter.

If you "eliminate" kits already produced by others in 1/32 ( ie:Dr I, SS D-III, Fok D VIII/E5 etc., etc... ) there are still plenty of just single seaters still to be done- see the latest Annual WNW Speculation thread.

Ed
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:32:36 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Edgar

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2018, 05:36:31 AM »
We do not have any information about other manufacturer`s plans for their  next projects or current ones in development, but one things for sure - we will not do Halby Cl.II ))

With a Halberstadt Cl. II and a Nieuport 17 comming this year I think I'll have to finish my ongoing projects, clean up my workbench and buy lots of new blades and drilling bits... Very good days are coming... :)
Edgar, would you tell us a little more regarding the marking options ?  ;)
Andreas
Andreas, we are planning (for now) to make  several boxes, for Early and Late versions of Nie17, there will be several versions inside each, as for: Moreau Lewis mount and N65 mounts. For late you will also have an Alkan sync Lewis (a second Lewis used instead of Vickers) and Cone de penetration (also for early)
Should I mention that for early you will need to work on the transparent central part of the wing, which will be close for Late version

We are planning to make several dozens of Nieuport markings, but to keep the price lower for you, we will do them without roundels, as you will have them in you original kit, so why to spend more)? it should allow us to make more markings and still keep the size of the sheet small. So you do not need to buy a sheen of 10 markings, when you just need one)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:26:45 AM by Edgar »