Author Topic: Copper state model Nieuport 17 1/32  (Read 29005 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Copper state model Nieuport 17 1/32
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2018, 07:21:17 AM »
Edgar, that sounds fantastic. And as I own all of your 1/48 and 1/35 kits, I know what exquisite quality we can expect from CSM. I am convinced that getting into 1:32 is a good idea and that you won't forget all those 48ers neither. Wouldn't up- or downsizing of existing kits be a good idea for the time between entirely new releases? I had thought about a 1:32 Caudron G. IV and a 1:32 F.K. 8...  :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2018, 07:44:42 AM »
Ok, Edgar, I'm also going to take advantage of your very refreshing openness and accessibility and bluntly ask about what you say of several versions... do these many versions include any RFC markings? Or at least some roundels? I'll buy you a steak dinner if you are. And Des once said bribes were allowed...depending on the bribe.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2018, 07:49:30 AM »
I have a question for Edgar if he is watching this thread: Do you have any insight or information suggesting that the Nieuport 17 (or any other kits that Copper State Models is considering for 1/32 scale) is not being planned for kitting by WNW and are future subjects in 1/32 scale being planned by CSM with this in mind?  Thanks in advance.

An interesting question that I am almost sure will be answered with a No  ::) That being said I don't think WNW can or will do a better job on the molds. So it all comes down to support even if WNW does release one. JMHO,
RAGIII

My question was not intended to show some sort of blind preference to WNW.  On the contrary, I would like to see CSM launch out and take advantage of the rather gaping lineup of kits WNW seems to show no interest in kitting.  WNW seems to be avoiding anything French, Italian and Austro-Hungarian and WNW seems to be wanting to avoid treading in Roden's space, going so far as to make decals for the Roden Dr.1.  Why not show the same courtesy to CSM, a manufacturer of excellent WWI aircraft kits.  Judging from what I can see of the 148 subjects  they have done, the 1/32 crowd has a lot to look forward to seeing.  Those CAD images portend something fantastic with this Nieuport.
Honor Necessity

Online Edgar

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
Ok, Edgar, I'm also going to ask about what you say of several versions... do these many versions include any RFC markings?
Or at least some roundels? I'll buy you a steak dinner if you are. And Des once said bribes were allowed...depending on the bribe.

Hey Doug
RFC markings will not be inclueded for now, as for British version you will need not only decals, but also new plastic parts, so it`s not that simple

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2018, 01:26:13 AM »
Pardon my ignorance, but what "new plastic parts" would be required for an RFC machine?
Regards, Rob

Online Edgar

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2018, 02:13:40 AM »
Pardon my ignorance, but what "new plastic parts" would be required for an RFC machine?
Regards, Rob

At least RFC Lewis mount for NIeuport)

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2018, 01:52:51 PM »
Edgar,

Please consider including markings for Maurice Boyau's ship, the one with the snake on the side, in one of your boxings. Significant ace, spiffy markings, what's not to love?

https://asoublies1418.fr/images/Personnel/B-Personnel/Boyau/boyau.jpg

Also, a ship of Lufbery's, as I've got your Luf figure and he's waiting to have a ship assigned to him. Spectacular figure, btw, will be getting the Cobby figure soon...

BTW i'm in for at least six of these puppies, possibly more. but 2 will be British (Fullard and Bishop).  Probably all the info needed to convert to the Tommy Atkins version is in the Cross and Cockade ebook (if it's as good as the FE2b/d book then it's all there). If you're not planning on a British boxing I'll do hte conversion, but possibly you could consider offering parts as an aftermarket set?

Popular subject, your posts suggest your execution is every bit on par with WNW's kits. Therefore I expect it'll be a hit. Please consider SPADs next, and/or scaling up some of your 1/48 offerings.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2018, 02:16:10 PM »
I suspect that either CSM or the aftermarket could make the Ni 23 option and Belgian and Russian markings.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »
We are planning to make several dozens of Nieuport markings, but to keep the price lower for you, we will do them without roundels, as you will have them in you original kit, so why to spend more)? it should allow us to make more markings and still keep the size of the sheet small. So you do not need to buy a sheen of 10 markings, when you just need one)
[/quote]

For some yet-to-be built Hobby Craft Ni17's and Ni 11's (same diameter), I had Miracle Mask make 1/32 roundels, French proportions on the wings (4 large, 2 small) and RFC for the fuselage.  I suspect that Mel has held onto the files.  This was to allow me to avoid some iffy decals and do a Belgian Ni23.

Online Edgar

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
If you're not planning on a British boxing I'll do hte conversion, but possibly you could consider offering parts as an aftermarket set?

Popular subject, your posts suggest your execution is every bit on par with WNW's kits. Therefore I expect it'll be a hit. Please consider SPADs next, and/or scaling up some of your 1/48 offerings.
Yes, we are planning to make RFC version of Nie17 as a stand-alone kit

Offline Gene K

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »
We are planning to make several dozens of Nieuport markings... .

Great plan that I'm looking forward to seeing coming to fruition  ... but I am sorry to say that I don't know who "we" is.  :-[

Could you provide a link, please?

Thanks,

Gene K

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2018, 10:08:49 PM »

Online Edgar

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
Regards, Rob

At least RFC Lewis mount for NIeuport)

If that's the case, the mount could be scratch-built, and the gun from WnW's RFC Armament sprue, which has several renditions of the Lewis gun

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2018, 12:24:36 AM »
If you're not planning on a British boxing I'll do hte conversion, but possibly you could consider offering parts as an aftermarket set?

Yes, we are planning to make RFC version of Nie17 as a stand-alone kit

Excellent News Edgar. We now have even more Nieuports to look forward to.With the different side panels on the Early and Late French version that most of us never noticed I am sure your RFC version will prove to be just as great! I think I said this already but I am really looking forward to building your Nieuports  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler