Author Topic: Any WW1 news from Telford?  (Read 13159 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Any WW1 news from Telford?
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:24:22 AM »
Seeing as nobody has posted reports about the big Telford model show from the weekend, I'll ask the question.

Were there any WW1 new product announcements at Telford?

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline drdave

Re: Any WW1 news from Telford?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »
There may be someone working on a 1/32 Nieuport 17 in IM (not WNW) and I suspect we will see the top half of that ww1 Mistel from Aviattic in resin..
 Cookie cut Pfalz DXII lozenge coming too.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:25 AM »
I was told by the company (not Wingnuts) working on the 1:32 scale IM Nieuport 17 that is would be revealed at Telford, they were supposed to show 3D images of certain parts of the kit but obviously they are having issues. I was not at Telford so I don't know what was shown, if anything. If anyone knows anything please post here so we all know, a brand new 1:32 scale Nieuport 17 will be very popular.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »
'IM' - what does IM mean please?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »
I think IM means Injection Moulded - i.e. Plastic, not resin

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »
Cool, thank you

Of course, I've already built a Nieuport 17 in that scale, so now is the time to release a better kit

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »
Does anyone know if CSM attended Telford, there have been no reports of any upcoming kits from them, I know the Lanchester is being released soon but nothing has been said, really strange.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline boggie

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »
Does anyone know if CSM attended Telford, there have been no reports of any upcoming kits from them, I know the Lanchester is being released soon but nothing has been said, really strange.

Des.

Except for their Noop.  ;)  ;D

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
I Met CSM at the main Swedish event of the year, C4 in Malmö a few weeks ago.

I asked them about the Lanchester, of which they had a very nice looking built up test shot on display. The answer I got was "December" They also had a full range of figures and engines on display – of which I purchased a few  ;) As to any other upcoming news, there was nothing in view.

Special Hobby was at the same event, and I enquired about the Fokker DII. Got the impression this was due for release just about now.

/Mikael
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline drdave

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »
I was chatting with Edgar at Telford. I bought the new bomb cart, naval German figures and polish pilot and a new ladder. He told me December for the lanchester. The test shot looks great. I bought the new pilot figures with 2 heads and both camel pilots too..
They are working on the Nie 17.
I think business was good.  I spent £100 and they sold all their dolphins they brought. Richard told me that pfalz 12 cookie cut stuff is next and he very kindly gave me the dr1 cookie cut undersides to try.

Copper states new ladders and work benches look great.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »
I was chatting with Edgar at Telford. (...) They are working on the Nie 17. (...)

This was my guess/hope!!

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »
I was chatting with Edgar at Telford. (...) They are working on the Nie 17. (...)

This was my guess/hope!!

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »
Cool, thank you

Of course, I've already built a Nieuport 17 in that scale, so now is the time to release a better kit

Richard

I figured if enough of us built the basic kit someone would release a better version. A 1:32 Nieuport 17 from CS with the same quality bits as their recent releases (the AK.8 for eg.) would get my order very quickly! With decent support for their products more could follow........ :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline xan

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 12:26:18 AM »
well, well...
if 1/48 models buider's seems to cross the line and pass to 1/32 wild side, may be we, poor 1/48 builders, can expect Wingnuts wing offered us a 1/48 nice model for christmas?
 ;)

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 01:39:07 AM »
Cool, thank you

Richard

I figured if enough of us built the basic kit someone would release a better version. A 1:32 Nieuport 17 from CS with the same quality bits as their recent releases (the AK.8 for eg.) would get my order very quickly! With decent support for their products more could follow........ :)
Cheers,
Lance

I agree completely. As I said I will be in for a couple!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler