Author Topic: Any WW1 news from Telford?  (Read 13162 times)

Offline rhwinter

Re: Any WW1 news from Telford?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 02:10:17 AM »
Although a Ni17 is defenitely not on my wishlist, I can well facy though buying one: Just to support CSM's effort and encourage them to delve more and more into 1:32 scale aeroplane kits.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 02:49:33 AM »
Cool, thank you

Of course, I've already built a Nieuport 17 in that scale, so now is the time to release a better kit

Richard

I figured if enough of us built the basic kit someone would release a better version. A 1:32 Nieuport 17 from CS with the same quality bits as their recent releases (the AK.8 for eg.) would get my order very quickly! With decent support for their products more could follow........ :)
Cheers,
Lance
  Me too, Lance...it's a solid move on their part...just love it....can't wait for the N17...and oh, how sweet would it be if they WERE to scale up on their Big Ack.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 07:43:19 AM »
The secret is finally revealed, Edgar told me quite some time ago about this project but I was sworn to secrecy, it is good that it is now world knowledge so everyone can prepare for this great kit. I am surprised that Edgar has not posted images of what CSM have done so far with the kit, many members are very keen to see this kit and I'm sure it will be a huge seller for them. Taking the step into 1:32 scale and injection moulded is a very wise move and one that will pay dividends, well done CSM.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Berman

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
For 1/48th scale builders, there will be a few very interesting kits coming in the next few months. I cannot reveal the manufacturer nor subjects but I can promise that you will be happy.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 12:43:34 AM »
Quote from Des 16 Nov. Post: " Taking the step into 1:32 scale and injection moulded is a very wise move and one that will pay dividends, well done CSM."

I could not agree more. CSM's recent superb Kits in 1:48 indicate we have a lot to look forward to. There's been a great deal of wishful thinking expressed here regarding subjects that might augment Wingnut Wings excellent selection in 1:32 Scale, and hopefully CSM has stepped up to meet that challenge. As I said in an earlier comment I can't imagine a "scaled up" version of any of their recent releases being less then spectacular both in quality and market success! Here's hoping for both new subjects and success for Copper State!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 03:51:48 AM »
A new & improved Nie.17??? ;D Perhaps CSM might be induced to follow with a Spad XIII??? The wealth of users/markings options for both make them  attractive to me!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 05:16:32 AM »
Quote from Des 16 Nov. Post: " Taking the step into 1:32 scale and injection moulded is a very wise move and one that will pay dividends, well done CSM."

I could not agree more. CSM's recent superb Kits in 1:48 indicate we have a lot to look forward to. There's been a great deal of wishful thinking expressed here regarding subjects that might augment Wingnut Wings excellent selection in 1:32 Scale, and hopefully CSM has stepped up to meet that challenge. As I said in an earlier comment I can't imagine a "scaled up" version of any of their recent releases being less then spectacular both in quality and market success! Here's hoping for both new subjects and success for Copper State!
Cheers,
Lance

I agree completely! I will also go on record and say if WNW were to release one next week I will still purchase at least 2 from Copper State!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »
Well I think it SUCKS. 1/32 has gotten all the goodies for the last decade. And they still want more. Taurus stopped doing 1/48 so I guess next csm will forsake us. Just like every other company. 1/48 Is a better scale for aircraft unless you have a warehouse to display and store kits. And the detail is only slightly better than the new 1/48 kits and only in some cases. To each his own.

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »
I kind of agree with you. I do hope that CSM will still offer us 1/48 kits. They are made to the highest standard there is, much better than Eduard ever did.
So that leaves us 1/48 scale builders with hardly any options, as Eduard only does 1 kit a year or so and most of the other makers have quit completely...
Not that I would mind a new, state-of-the-art 1/32 Nieuport, hopefully (much) cheaper than WnW, just hoping they also will think about the 1/48 community

Offline xan

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »
I am with you Albatross and hiddeus, 1/48 for ever!

;)

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline drdave

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
Splitters!
It's the people's popular front of Judea all over again....

Offline boggie

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »
Splitters!

Hahaha  ;D

and he's still a very naughty boy!

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 11:44:31 PM »
Splitters!
[/
Hahaha  ;D

and he's still a very naughty boy!

Muhahahaha..!!

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 03:11:02 AM »
It's the 1/32 guys who are the splitters. except for the guys that were scared of biplanes until wnw got in the model magazines virtually all 1/32 fans were 1/48 builders and perfectly happy. Granted the ww1 companies had already sort of slowed down releases. I just truly feel 1/48 Is perfect size. Copper state ,gaspaatch and even the last few Eduard kits prove that the detail is possible in 1/48 . To be honest i have lost interest in viewing wingnut builds at the forum. With some exceptions obviously most of the finished models look exactly the same as everyone else's. I personally don't mind in most cases that the offerings 1/48 guys have it makes you have to be a better modeler and artist. It also makes the build logs more interesting to check out. Xan, hidde, coyotemagic, xmald and the rest of the 1/48 crew along with the 1/72 scratchbuilders like old man, ianb, lone modeller etc with the handful of top 1/32 guys like des, bo, bertl etc are what keeps this forum interesting for me personally. There are obviously others that are escaping me as I type but and I apologize for not mentioning all the modelers I admire here. I have just become bored of wnw cookie cutter builds. And to me it seems as though no matter how many new kits and aftermarket goodies they make some guys are on the edge of their see freaking out because they aren't sure which aircraft will be kitted for Christmas and then become upset when they only get a few nice new ww1 kits per year. He'll before Eduard decided to grace us with the se5a and ssw it had been several years since they gave us anything.roden quit several years ago and special hobby hasn't done much in years. So when something like copper state decides to give us a couple kits and then switches to 1/32 it really worries me.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 05:26:16 AM »
When I got back to modelling about 18 years ago (after the obligatory beer-girls-party-rockmusic break), it was no question for me that 1:72 was my scale. And building up a collection I really became envious because these 1:48 builders always got the cool new kits - I remember me even getting a little angry when Roden announced their first 1:48 kit (Once they had offered only 1:72). So is history repeating itself now?  ;)
Honestly I can understand the mixed feelings of some modellers regarding the partially extreme WNW hype. Like every hype it brings many strange things to us.
I am no kit producer and have no idea about its financial issues. But I would guess research and computer engineering the parts takes its toll next to the production of the molds. So up- or downscaling for me would be a solution, like Eduard had done it with many of their kits they offer(ed) in 1:48 AND in 1:72. I love the Special Hobby idea of upsizing their 1:48 Fokker D II to 1:32 and couldn't it be a good idea for all the others as well? If CSM would offer all their great wwi offerings in 1:48 and in 1:32, it would be a great thing and everybody would be happy. And that could sweeten the bitter taste of a barroom brawl here  ;)
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.