Author Topic: Any WW1 news from Telford?  (Read 13152 times)

Offline Dave Brewer

Re: Any WW1 news from Telford?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2017, 08:49:37 AM »
Talking like a book Mark,all very good points,and will also be offloading my old 17's for CSM replacements;I think CSM is currently the most exciting producer in the market,you never know what might be coming up next.
Dave.

Offline Derrick

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »
I won't be throwing out the Hobbycraft kit but think I will build the 2 of them side by side , making it easier to do any improvements to the older kit. I have to find it, but there was an excellent topic in construction on the old Hobbycraft kit, will have to track it down. This Black Friday is proving to be a very expensive weekend for me. Don't think I will be buying much model wise till next November  :P

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »
Last year I had the gentleman at Miracle Mask make masks for the national markings for the Nieuports 11, 16, 17 and 24/27.  All of which used the same dimensions of the cockades in the French ratios.  He also had fuselage cockades in RFC ratios.  This way I could convert a Ni17 to a Belgian Ni23.

When I ordered these, I mentioned that he should keep the image handy for other orders.   CSM will make me seem prophetic.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2017, 02:23:06 PM »
I'll be recalibrating my wish list (obsessively and lovingly documented on a sortable spread sheet, and highly ace-centric) to include even more Nieuport 17s. I expect I'll need a dozen or so. I'm abandoning plans to buy more academy kits based on this news. 

At risk of fanning the flames (who am I kidding? I love fanning the flames)... 1/48? Perfect? Meh.  It's either too big (if your apartment is so tiny, consider 1/72), or too small (my plans are skewed toward aces, I find 1/48 figures too small to see if a figure is a good likeness, and I decided that when I was 12 when my eyesight was much better). I will never buy anything in 1/48.

I wanted to build scale when I recently returned to modeling. After a long, painstaking analysis of all the diverse subjects I'm interested in, ignoring what's available in kits, I decided on 1/72. 1/48 is too big for submarines and destroyers. And 1/32. Because you can see faces easily. So I think of the scales as complementary, like movie establishing shots and closeups.

That said I think we can all agree 1/35 is the real enemy...

And that CSM have an engine and a pilot already for an OEFFAG Albatros D.III and should go ahead and do that next.

Offline Derrick

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »
I agree 1/35 is the enemy. It would be so nice to combine vehicles with aircraft in the same scale. Seem to remember reading that it was Tamiya who started 1/35. Funny thing is that they are now making vehicles and equipment for their 1/48 aircraft, I wonder if they will ever upscale it to 1/32.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
it's odd that Tamiya now make some excellent 1/32 scale aircraft to uh... go with their 1/35 armor.

1/76 and 1/96 are equally infuriating to me...

but the REAL evil is 'box scale'.

there's no one perfect scale for everybody, but box scale isn't perfect for anybody except those who care more about the size and shape of the box than what's inside.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »
A new N-17 in 32 scale by CSM , it's is like a dream come true . Prefect ! Will be getting one for sure when it is released . Now if Eduard would re-tool their 48 offering it would be the best of both worlds !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .