Author Topic: Mikr Mir Fokker E.V / D.VIII  (Read 43885 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Mikr Mir Fokker E.V / D.VIII
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2017, 09:38:16 AM »
Juan,
     Rowan stated a 27 July latest shipping date so I reckon on a minimum 2 weeks before the earliest delivery. The delay doesn't bother me at all, his product is simply outstanding and I need a "breather" from this Build, it's not been without it's challenges thus far, and the major assembly (wings and wheels) is still to come!! :-\
     Thanks for looking and commenting.
Cheers,
Lance

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:46 AM »
Ian,
    If I were you I'd wait a bit; I am firmly convinced Wingnut Wings will announce release of this as their next Kit, possibly before I finish this one! ::) :o
Thank you for the nice comment!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2017, 09:54:30 AM »
That is a good point, I would not be surprised since Oberursel is an option on their Le Rhone spruce. We shall see, and I hope you're right! I think I'll order one of Pheon's sets to keep it on my mind.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
Looks Fantastic Lance! You and I are now in about the same place...waiting on Pheons Decals and jig. I have the gear attached but only because I had a spare set of DR1/DVI struts that I used. What Markings are you planning as I wouldn't want to do the same? I agree that WNW is doing something powered by a URII. As there is a good Triplane the EV/DVIII makes sense  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »
Rick,
    I'll be doing a Jasta 6 Bird, either #5 or #2 on the sheet. I agree regarding that UR.II on the Le Rhone sprue, it's a DR.1 or an E.V / D.VIII sign for sure...........
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »
Rick,
    I'll be doing a Jasta 6 Bird, either #5 or #2 on the sheet. I agree regarding that UR.II on the Le Rhone sprue, it's a DR.1 or an E.V / D.VIII sign for sure...........
Cheers,
Lance

So then I think I will go with #1 or #3  ;D
RAGIII

Offline mgunns

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
Hi Lance:

I have just gone through your entire build thread.  This is coming nicely.  Your interior is up to your usual standards and the streaking on the upper wing is very nicely done and looks the business.  I thought streaking MK.I looked good but I think you nailed it with the MK.II, the stacking bump is a nice touch as well.  I too have this kit, and had the Avis, just not ready to make the leap yet.  I will see how yours turns out with the PHEON sheet.

Until that time
Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
Thanks Mark! I am looking forward to the arrival of the Decals, it always makes the project look so much closer to completion. Once that's complete it will reach the finish line very quickly!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2017, 12:53:48 AM »
great work lance love the decaling and color green you used on the fuselage upper deck

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2017, 04:54:46 AM »
Thanks Scott; the dark green on the cowling is Model Master Enamel #1710 Dark Green FS34079. It's been in the paint drawer for over 10 years so I'm not sure if they still make it.
Cheers,
Lance

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
     They've arrived! My Pheon Fokker E.V Decals arrived several days ago, and they were truly worth the wait - spectacular Rowan, as always! Great register, colour, and per usual once in hand, the schemes are so difficult to make a choice from. Another Build is not out of the question, I'm extremely impressed!

A quick study of the assembly jig included relieves a lot of the trepidation I was feeling about putting this beast together, Mr. Pheon is more then just a pretty face! I'll be off to the Stationary Store tomorrow for some card stock to put the jigs together.

I'll be finishing the cockpit module for my Camel Build, then it goes to the holding pattern while I get back to this Build. As my good friend MGunns so aptly puts it, "stay tuned for more modelling excitement"! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »
Excellent Lance! Hopefully my decals will arrive soon!
RAGIII

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
Thanks for posting Lance.  Looks like the jig will make life easier (if possible) for those tackling this beauty.  I too hope that my decals arrive soon (hopefully I will not drool on them,  ;) ).  Looking forward to your progress.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the Jig in action.

Cheers,
vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:46 PM »
Juan and vB,
   The jig design looks to provide an efficient solution to aligning the strut assembly; I'm going to try to incorporate some brass if possible, per the assembly instructions I have a bit of remaining "Strutz" stock which will hopefully firm up the delicate frame components. First though I have to get a little face time with the small soldering iron I've added to the tool bench. Failing success I can always take up the fine art of the wood-burning hobby! :o
Cheers,
Lance