Author Topic: 3 Hanriots  (Read 36503 times)

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
Re: 3 Hanriots
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Hallo, I just received another shade of blue: Vallejo model color 055 - Ultramarine

It's no. 56 on the right, it is very close to Citadel enchanted blue 61-34 (no.43) but I still prefer the latter.

On no.42 I tried staining the Misterkit IT-02 Italian Camouflage Light brown with Tamiya XF67 NATO Green to simulate the brush painted green overall on Michetti's dark version and I like it, unless I discover something better (or someone has a more convincing advice) I will keep that choice.

More later today with some plastic work on the fuselage and seats.

Ciao

Antonio

Offline xan

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »
I'm very intereted with this quite unknow plane.
Congratulations! I will falloqw your work with a lot of pleasure!
Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »
Thank you Xan!

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 09:53:36 PM »

Here are the three fuselages: the white arrows indicate the prominent moulding extrusions that, although in hidden spots, I wanted to  eliminate not to have problems when creating the inner framework

At the bottom of the picture the 3 cockpit floors which are accurate enough end I will use them as a base for the inner framework.

I also traced the position of the rods that hold the seat. They have a given inclination and I didn't want to lose this reference after filing the internal structure moulded inside the fuselage halves.

before going on with the fuselage, I prepared the air intake tubes using this brass tube filled with a .5 mm copper wire moved on a side and then gently hammered to give it a drop shape...

here is the detail, in some cases this operation was successful, in other cases was less successful...

works on the external fuselage:
- filed and filled with putty a panel line behind the cockpit (some traces can still be seen)
- the correct vertical line between linen and metal was scribed more deeply
- holes to get the rigging out pierced on the forward part
- holes for the air intake were opened (as shown above)
- terminal part of the tail was cut away to leave some space for the metal framework holding the rudder
- and hole for the rudder control lines was moved forward because originally was placed on the part that ws cut off

This is the inner view of the fuselages where all the structure was erased

some work on the seats, the lower one shows the profile I made, the upper one is the original seat.

Moreover the seats had to be thinned

the 3 seats with the new proifle

holes made as in the original seat (next two will be better!)

Ciao!

Antonio
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:39:29 AM by andonio64 »

Offline radio

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 12:28:37 AM »
Very good work Antonio.
Martin

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 01:01:19 AM »
Outstanding work, Antonio!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online RAGIII

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 08:20:14 AM »
Terrific start Antonio!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 08:30:22 AM »
You are doing a superb job Antonio, the seats have turned out excellent and were worth the extra effort.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 10:49:31 PM »
this is going to be a very detailed build i can tell already.are you going to address the tail skid area? i only recall one build where it was re-done most of the time it is left as is. i must confess i have built this kit before and didnt fix it but i didnt have the reference material back then. i actully used sewing thread to rig it. it was one of the first handful of kits i built when i started building models again and became obsessed with ww1.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 10:54:44 PM »
here is really good pictures of one of the schemes you want to do,

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61062

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
Thanks to everybody for keeping interested in my work, I have been out for business yesterday and did not connect at all.
Meanwhile I have pierced the second seat, when I will finish the third one I'll post their photos.

@Albatros1234: yes I will make the tail skid structure as it was in the real plane (more or less ;-)  ...) therefore I already sawed the terminal part of the fuselage and made some drawings after a couple of pictures taken from walkarounds. The one you put the link in your reply was one of the most helpful walkarounds, although it's a modern restore it keeps a high value to my eyes. That is not however the Coppens' scheme I chose, I will make the all-blue one. In any case thanks for the suggestion!

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 01:33:10 AM »
This is the 76, (the Squadriglia number to be painted on the two italian HD1) soon the seahorse...

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 02:05:42 AM »
here it is...

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 02:34:04 AM »
 Antonio,
I suspect this will grow into one Awesome thread my old friend. I've always loved the Hanriot and looking forward to following your project thread. Keep up the great works.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 03:41:57 AM »
Thank you Gregory,
here is a further tiny step ahead: the three seats are complete