Author Topic: Joystick 1/72 Halberstadt CL.IV  (Read 28434 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Joystick 1/72 Halberstadt CL.IV
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
this is because you are a true modeller dan not a shake and bake kit assembler. you bison looks great too.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2015, 07:18:12 PM »
Sorry for being so late to the party. But I would like to congratulate on such a great build. Very very fine!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »
Very nice work on the Bison Dan. I have never built a Vac form kit, I have always been a bit scared of them.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2015, 02:03:15 AM »
des a vacuform is easier than a resin kit. the only diff between a vac and an injection kit is that the parts are all on a sheet instead of a sprue. the detail is somewhat soft compared to modern injection and there is virtually no interior or other details. the hardest part is the labor involved in cleaning up the parts,thinning trailing edges etc . conside a vacuform as a short run injection kit thats going to need some scratchbuilt details and interior. items like wheels ,guns and engines are usually included as rudimentary white metal parts. i think their fun and i have quite a collection of them in 1/48 and 1/72.

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:46 AM »
Dan, 1/72 scale? Really? You are truly a master craftsman. I built one of those 1/24 albatross(' can't remember the brand) years
ago and it was challenging.

Pietro

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2015, 06:38:51 AM »
  @ Dan,
The Bison is going to be a real show stopper my friend. You've taken to vac building like a duck to water.

@Des,
Scott's reply is spot on my old friend. You should try one of these vacuforms,absolutely no doubt you would produce another Master Piece. The only problem you may have is locating a WWI vac kit in 1/32 scale as they are very rare currently. However 1/48 and 1/72 scale WWI are relatively easy to find. E-Bay tended to be an excellent place to find them. If you wished to try an off topic build  there are numerous 1/32 scale kits available. As a bonus some of these kits are Biplanes from the between War and WWII era.If you or anyone else would like a link to the suppliers I've dealt with just PM me and I'll sent them to you.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »
says vac master jouette.

anyway one thing i forgot to say is the quality does vary in vac kits too. some vac kits are excellent in detail and fit others are rudimentary and sometimes the fit is bad it tdepends on the company. koster for instance produced a 1/48 hannover that is better than the eduard kit of the same craft.