Author Topic: Joystick 1/72 Halberstadt CL.IV  (Read 28987 times)

Offline Thumbs up

Re: Joystick 1/72 Halberstadt CL.IV
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
I think that is very slick modelling,excellent decal application and paint job.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »
Excellent all around! I love the scheme and how you executed the painting! Lovely decal work and the rigging is perfect!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2015, 01:08:41 PM »
Dan,

Just have to add my superlatives.  Really stellar modeling.  I love the tire color and the lozenge looks super real.  From my angle, it looks like a WNW kit.  REALLY hard to believe it's 72nd and a vac.

Just excellent...

Dan the Second

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
Dan,

Just have to add my superlatives.  Really stellar modeling.  I love the tire color and the lozenge looks super real.  From my angle, it looks like a WNW kit.  REALLY hard to believe it's 72nd and a vac.

Just excellent...

Dan the Second

Dan has pretty much captured what I was thinking.  Brilliant
job, Dan! 

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
Cant wait for the next build! ;D

Offline Danh4

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2015, 12:09:21 AM »
You guys are all too nice!  Thanks for the positive comments, they are very appreciated. 

I'm already missing it on my bench, I had some Formaplane kits out last night to look over but the Joystick Rumpler C.IV keeps saying "me, me!"

-Dan

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2015, 12:21:14 AM »
Look forward to the Rumpler!Beware of some of the Formaplanes as they are not all the same quality! If it has a "J C " on it standing for Joe Chubbock then it will be a good un.

Offline Danh4

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2015, 06:18:48 AM »
Look forward to the Rumpler!Beware of some of the Formaplanes as they are not all the same quality! If it has a "J C " on it standing for Joe Chubbock then it will be a good un.
I think about half of the Formaplane kits I have are "JC" marked, the others are "DA" which I believe is for David Archer, whose name was on both of the Joystick kits I've built.  The Rumpler does look a slight bit nicer on the sheet than either the Albatros C.1 or the Halbie looked, which is probably why I'm drawn to it.

-Dan

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2015, 06:22:16 AM »
Dan,

If you haven't already (I didn't check this AM), put some finished photos over on "Completed Builds".  Folks should really see this beauty!

I started painting parts of the AEG and will post later...DanJr.

Offline Danh4

« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2015, 08:24:53 AM »
Dan,

If you haven't already (I didn't check this AM), put some finished photos over on "Completed Builds".  Folks should really see this beauty!

I started painting parts of the AEG and will post later...DanJr.
I almost did post the photos in the "Completed" threads but I figured most would see it if they hit the "unread posts" link like I do.  I guess I feel funny about overdoing it, I posted photos of it on 4 or 5 different forums and that is way more than I usually stick my head up over the edge of the trench!

I'll be looking for your AEG update.  I really agree with your thoughts on vacs that you posted the other day, they provide the opportunity to do some real problem solving and creative building which is very addictive.  I'm actually surprised that they aren't more popular, maybe it's because there are some real dogs out there that put people off.  I know I've bought a few that will never get worked on. 

You should sign off as "West Front Dan" and I'll use...

East Front Dan

Offline IanB

« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »
Beautiful work Dan, it makes me want to dig mine out of the stash but I have too much going on already. I really need to finish my current projects and start a vac!

Ian

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2015, 11:26:07 AM »
 East Front Dan,
Absolutely breath taking project my friend. These Joystick kits something to behold even unbuilt. But built up by a Vac- Master it become something else and that's AWESOME.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:35:11 AM by GAJouette »
" What Me Worry"

Offline Danh4

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »
Gregory,

Thank you so much for your kind words about this one as well as my Albatros C.1.  I'm actually new to vacs so I'm definitely no Vac-master yet!  I really do enjoy them and am currently working on Joystick's Avro Bison and having lots of fun with it.  I agree with you about Joystick kits looking good on the sheet, they just scream "build me!"

-Dan

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2015, 01:09:58 PM »
 Dan,
I'm surprised to read you're a relative newbie to vacs. The quality of  work says otherwise my friend. Is the Bison posted somewhere here?  At any rate I'm most interested in seeing more of your outstanding vac project.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Danh4

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2015, 11:33:07 PM »
Gregory,

It's true, I've only built 4 vacs so far. Here's a shot of the Bison I'm working on...

As you surely know, vacs really aren't that hard once the parts are cut out and sanded, and that's not all that hard either. What I like about vac kits is the freedom to add detail and put them together the way I want to. It's very satisfying to come up with solutions to assembly problems and then learn new techniques in order to carry them out.  I still enjoy injection kits but when I want something more involved it's nice to have vacs as an option now.

-Dan