Author Topic: Eduards SSW D.III  (Read 22869 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Eduards SSW D.III
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:08 AM »
Over on another forum I started this build for a GB , even though that the GB is over I didn't even come close on getting this one finished and had many stalls during the build as conflicting info went with answers . Any way for those of you who have been following this bear with me please .

So far a fair bit has been done on the kit . Fuselage insides got sanded down to round it off a bit more including the lower wing and chin pan . Next the louvers were opened out with care the plastic in this area is now very thin ! lower wing was then glued to the fuselage followed but the rear tail feathers which have the control surfaces cut free . More sanding was done on the inside of the fuselage with putty applied to the seems on the inside and more sanding . Next was thinning down the upper wing and lower wing . More sanding and heck of a lot of it ! With this part of the build done ; time to start the cockpit structure . All this is scratched . Only kit parts used so far is the seat ( I was lazy ) better seat belts from the parts bin and the hand grip . I did forget one part , the shell ejection tube   :(  But it is what it is .

The gun deck does not fit and to solve this problem it was split down the middle and 2.5 mm added to the front where it meets the cowl . And 2mm at the rear . Cowl fitted in place as well . Yup , you guess it , more sanding which at this point seems to be the only thing I'm doing ! With all the sanding panel lines needed restoring . Outcomes the dymo tape and scriber and these are replaced . Still have to do the separation  between cowl and fuselage . Now I can start detailing the fuselage . Control surface will be cut free on the main wings as well so I can do the hinges .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Eduards SSW D.III
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:27:23 AM »
I do have more pic's right up to were I'm on this , they don'tseem to be in their file ....more coming later  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Terri,
I absolutely love what you are doing with my old relic kit  8) Your scratch built interior is awesome and I hope you find the pics to prove it !
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »
Truly stunning interior work, T!  I especially love the engine mount/carburetor.  With all the additional detail you're adding, I'm betting that yours will be better than Eduard's new release.  Where is that thing, anyway? ???
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »
Looks awesome, I like the backend of that rotary...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »
Lovely work on the interior Terri, your scratch building skills are excellent.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:28:30 PM »
Hey Rick , if it wasn't for you on sending said kit this wouldn't have been possible . I found a few more pic's but nothing of just the cockpit . Those are gone west of the doh-doh bird .

Bud , Bo , not as much detail as I was shooting for , but since this area won't even be seen it was best not to get to gun ho . Next one will have more detail for the excess hatches will be off to peer inside .

Bud , I'm really looking forward on Eduards retooling of this kit and the level of detail it will have . Hopefully soon , rumor is some time in June but could be later . Nothing on their web site which indicates it's release . I do hope if fairs better and not a huge error as in their new 109 G6 .

Thanks Des ! I think which aids in these skill is the subject itself . I have a keen interest in this aircraft . Just love the shape of it and that spinner gives it a sinister look .

Okay found a few more photo's . Will have to re-take my last ones ....don't know what the hell happened to them . Is there a photo monster out there which folks aren't talking about here ....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 12:29:28 PM »
and a few more ....

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »
hey terri ,looking good, i saw the newer posts on aeroscale. thanks for all your hard work its nice to look at.

guitarlute101

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »

There it is, love this build Terri!

Mark

Offline mgunns

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 01:03:17 AM »
Hello Terri:

Welcome to the Forum and a great entry into it.  Per usual, great work, as has been mentioned, your attention to detail in the engine compartment is especially noteworthy.  Looking forward to your next update.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline radio

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 01:57:43 AM »
Terri
it is an exellent work.
I wait to build with my SSW when the new Eduard will come out.
My old would be then a conversation to a D IV.
Martin

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Hi Scott , yeah I don't know what happen with my photo's . It has sat for a long time on the bench while I did a couple of WW 2 subjects and modern of all things , but turn out very well . The sanding burnt me out and I lost interest ...

Mark , It is coming along well . Glad you are enjoying the build !

mgunns , nice to hear from you and thanks for the welcome . I'm rather pleased with how it turned out . Scratching the cockpit structure as a separate item I was able and add a bit more detail .

Hi Martin , I hope Eduard release this kit or let us know when it will be coming out . Koster has the D.IV . It's a vac kit with resin wings and other parts and some very nice PE as well .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline dtomko

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »
Good to see you here and to see this build continue.

Drew

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
Thanks Drew  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch