Author Topic: Eduards SSW D.III  (Read 22860 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Eduards SSW D.III
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Looking great Terri! You have done an excellent job on the tail, as always!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 11:48:44 PM »
Good to see you on board and jump in with a project right off the bat Terri . It's looking very nice and I'll be following along with interest.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 12:53:53 AM »
I don't know how I missed this, but have gone over your build and
am really impressed with your superb work.  Beautiful job, Terri.
I am looking forward to the next updates.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 04:29:53 AM »
Hi Terri:

This is coming along nicely.  I really like the look of the opened louvers, adds a nice touch to the underside.  The tail feathers are coming along nicely as well.  Outstanding work Terri, per usual.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 07:00:10 AM »
Really good progress on your SSW DIII, Terri - how is the standard of fit on this kit?

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »
Okay , hope I don't forget anyone here ...

Brad , progress has been rather slow actually . Started this a year ago  :-X But she is moving forward . Thanks for having peek !

Martin , always nice having you drop by . Glad you're enjoying the build .

Rick , there was a fair bit of sanding on the tail to thin it down and glad that this area is done .

Chris , Very nice to hear from you !  :) Will be following your Fokker build :)

Ernie , Thanks for the kind comments  :) I'm impressed that I even able to get this far  :-X

Mark , those lovers took me three days on opening them up , would I do it again ..hell yeah ! It is a feature which really stands out .

Dave , Progress is getting back up to speed some what , during the week I don't have much time ...Summer is here !
Overall the fit is not bad , other then the gun deck and cowl/engine it goes together rather well . Think on the lines of a short run kit .

Once again guy's thanks for all the kind comments , very much appreciated . It's heart warming  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 06:05:57 AM »
Beautiful work Terri, as usual ;-)

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »
well hurry up and finish t we all know the rules of modelling, as soon as some one completes an old kit a new one will be released and eduard has already promised a d.iii/d.iv this year.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »
Beautiful work Terri, as usual ;-)

Thanks Andonio  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
well hurry up and finish t we all know the rules of modelling, as soon as some one completes an old kit a new one will be released and eduard has already promised a d.iii/d.iv this year.

I'm working on it Scott , but I don't think I will be getting this one finished any time soon . I'm guessing August will be the month they will release it . Just have to wait and see and I hope it doesn't turn out with so many flaws as there 109G-6 .

I did make a little progress with bolt heads being added to the front of the fire wall and made a start on the top wing cutting off the control surfaces for the hinge detail . Also have the holes cut out and clean up for the control rods . Will have some pic's coming soon  .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 02:33:44 AM »
Made a bit more progress so this should kept Scott's appetite wet . The lower wing hinges still need their final shaping . Also re-did the hinges on the rudder flaring . I over sanding and now they where just too small so this will also need re-shaping with pretty attention to what I'm doing .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 02:34:51 AM »
and more pic's . While I was waiting for the hinges to dry my attention turned and focused on the prop which went pretty then I thought it would . Little more thinning on them blades . I feel like I'm getting closer on starting them rip tapes ..
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:40:51 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline radio

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 02:49:53 AM »
A very pretty work Terri. 8)
Martin

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 02:51:34 AM »
Brilliant work on the control surfaces, T!  This is gonna be a real treat when finished.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 02:54:30 AM »
Excellent Terri! The control surfaces are terrific! That interior really Pops when the Aircraft is viewed from above!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler