Author Topic: Roden Nieuport 28c  (Read 12185 times)

Offline IFF1418

Re: Roden Nieuport 28c
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »
Hello Dal and Rick,

Thank you for your much appreciated advice and your nice comments. Indeed I already have closed the fuselage and I remebered having read that it was so difficult closing the fuselage and then incorporating the cockpit, so I first glued the interior and then closed the fuselage. Even then it wasn't easy to pull back the cockpit far enough to have a good fit of the firewall. I even had to place the tank a bit further. Here are the results.

Kind regards and thank you again my friends!
Patrick

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 09:38:28 PM »
Good progress, Patrick!  It looks like you wrestled the cockpit into position just fine.
I like the idea of mapping out your painting beforehand. I think it helps by drawing it
out first.  I'm looking forward to your next bits.  Nice progress, my friend!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »
Good morning, evening, night, my friends

I made some progress on the Nieuport. I painted the camo, put on the undercarriage and mounted the cabane struts. Thank you for stopping by.

Kind regards
Patrick

The undercarriage was mounted with the little jig :

I made a little jig for mounting the cabane struts. In the base plate 4 holes corresponding with the holes on the upper wing. Then i mounted 2 cubes forming right angles with the plate and the struts are upside down fixed with tape against the cubes with the pins in the holes of the base plate. Then the jig is placed upside down on the a/c.

After glueing the result looks like that

The aligment looks decent, the holes in the upper wing match the pins of the struts

Online RAGIII

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 10:43:35 PM »
Patrick, You are doing stunning work on this one! Your strut/wing alignment jig is very clever! Looks like it worked like a charm!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »
Hello Rick,

Thank you so much, it's really nice to have you along. And you know the kit very well don't you. The difficult thing is to correctly tape the struts against the cubes. Once this is done, it's really a helpfull little jig. Thank you my friend.

Kind regards
Patrick

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »
Patrick,
    Brilliant work with the Cabane Jig, the results look perfect. Your paint work is terrific as well, this is looking better with every update.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2014, 12:08:59 AM »
Hello Patrick:

Looks like the jig worked perfectly!  Your paint work looks the business as well.  One of my favorite a/c and looking forward to seeing you progress through the build.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 12:19:30 AM »
Patrick,
    Brilliant work with the Cabane Jig, the results look perfect. Your paint work is terrific as well, this is looking better with every update.
Cheers,
Lance

Hello Lance,

Always nice to hear from you. Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated!

Hello Patrick:

Looks like the jig worked perfectly!  Your paint work looks the business as well.  One of my favorite a/c and looking forward to seeing you progress through the build.

Best

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for your nice comments. It gradually became my favourite a/c too. It has an elegance and is imho so well proportioned. It will not be my last Nieuport build I'm sure.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 01:16:50 AM »
Patrick, my friend, you are making wonderful progress on your Nieuport!  The
undercarriage looks great and your jig for the cabanes worked like a charm!
The aeroplane is really taking shape now and your modelling is superb.  As always,
I am looking forward to your updates.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:25 AM »
Hello dear Ernie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate this knowing your excellent skills. The thing I most learned is to be patient and not to be pleased to quickly. I feel I have progressed by little steps, but this doesn't mean I'm coming near you all. Thank you again my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2014, 03:27:57 AM »
Hello Patrick, it's great to follow your progress on this and you are doing a fine job.

I like the idea of the undercarriage jig. The ideas just keep on coming on this forum!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2014, 04:03:53 AM »
Very nice work Patrick!  Your colors and pattern of application look just right--very appealing. ;D  The jig is a great idea.  Thanks for sharing that!  Very well done.  I'm looking forward to further progress and completion of a beautiful model. :D

Cheers,

Bob

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »
Hello Nigel and Bob,

Thank you both for your kind words. It is much appreciated from modelers from who I can learn a lot. I hope that the jig could be used in many cases. Of course fro every a/c a new one must be made. It helped me a lot. Thank you again!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline KevinM

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
Nice Crate  thus far  8)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »
Excellent paint work so far Patrick, the colours look to be perfect. I like the little jig you fashioned for the fitment of the cabane struts, very smart idea and appears to have worked extremely well, well done. Looking forward to further updates.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com