Author Topic: Roden Nieuport 28c  (Read 11697 times)

Offline IFF1418

Roden Nieuport 28c
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:08:51 AM »
Hi all,

I started my Roden kit of the Nieuport 28c.
I did the cockpit and engine to the best of my abilities (whih are not very sprectacular yet). Great difference with the WnW kits. Some problems with precision and very fragile. But I expected worse. Thank you for passing by.

Offline RAGIII

Re: Roden Nieuport 28c
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
Patrick,
Your interior is looking terrific! I am looking forward to your progress on this one!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »
Thank you Rick coming from you who did such a beautifull Nieuport it means a lot to me!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 12:47:05 AM »
I forgot to mention that I asked Ron for his magnificent seat. I hope he will send it to me in january. I first wanted the scheme of the Eddy Rickenbacker's plane, but I saw that there are decals of the Quincy Roosevelt plane. Are they any better than the Roden decals? Thank you.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline mgunns

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 01:01:19 AM »
I forgot to mention that I asked Ron for his magnificent seat. I hope he will send it to me in january. I first wanted the scheme of the Eddy Rickenbacker's plane, but I saw that there are decals of the Quincy Roosevelt plane. Are they any better than the Roden decals? Thank you.

Kind regards
Patrick

Hello Patrick:

I am attaching a photo of my Roden Nie 28.  One of my earlier efforts with the Aeroscale Sheet for Quentin Roosevelts a/c.  Yes, they are better than the Roden Decals.  They include the Nieport logos for the struts, stenciling for the wings, just a much better sheet.  The cowling stripes are bit tricky, so beware.

As you can see the cowling opening is very small not allowing for much viewing of engine details, same with the cockpit.  Your work is excellent to date, this isn't a bad kit, the problem is, after doing a WNW kit, all others pale in comparison.
Good luck.  Looking forward to seeing you progress through the build.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »
Thank you so much Mark. Indeed that cowling painting looks very difficult for a novice. Your Nieuport looks wonderful. Have a very merry Christmas Mark.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 01:18:56 AM »
Hi Patrick!  Your engine and cockpit look really good to me.  Excellent work.  ;D 

There are actually a few 1/32 Superscale sheets for Ni.28s, which you can easily find on eBay, if not elsewhere.  In addition to Quentin Roosevelts aircraft, I believe there are also markings for O'Neill's machine and Edward Elliot's machine, all USAS aircraft. 

I look forward to further progress.  This one is a bit down on my current build list.  Keep up the fine work!

Holiday Cheers,

Bob   

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 01:37:26 AM »
Hello Bob, thank you so much for your appreciation and your advice on the decals. It's a pitty that this so beautiful Nieuport had a few (major) problems and caused quite a lot of pilots to crash, when coming out of a quick dive when the fabric came loose. This didn't stop the American pilots to come out as winners from a lot of air battles.

Have a very nice and cheerful Christmas!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 01:40:24 AM »
What a great start you have made, Patrick!  The engine looks really good,
nice work on the sparkplugs and leads, by the way.  The cockpit is coming
along very well.  Super job on the bracing and control wires and the instruments
look first rate.  All in all you are well on the way, my friend.  Good work!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 02:37:43 AM »
Thank you Ernie, nice to here that. I love this plane very much. It's one of the nicest fuselage shapes I know.

A very merry Christmas my friend.

Patrick

Offline petrov27

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 03:48:45 AM »
Great start! I would agree that the N28 is a fantastic looking aeroplane - always been one of my favorites.
-Patrick

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 04:21:50 AM »
  Patrick,
You're off to an excellent start my friend. Keep up the great works.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You and Yours
" What Me Worry"

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »
Great start Patrick, that cockpit module is really a standout. I think we all need a break from WNW at some point, if only as a reminder of how great their Kits really are! I have always liked the looks of this one, and recently got one from a member here. Looking forward to following your Build and I'm sure getting some good hints for when I tackle her.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
Brilliant work on the office, Patrick, and that engine is fantastic!  I agree with the other guys regarding the decals.  The Superscale sheet is well worth the money.  I built this same kit in 1/48 scale and it was essentially just a scaled down version of the one you're building.  I used the kit decals for Rickenbacker's personal markings and the Superscale sheet for the roundels, fin flash, stencils and every thing else.  The Roden decals gave me nothing but problems, but the Superscale decals went on flawlessly.  I would pass on the Roden decals, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »
Hello Patrick. That's a very nice piece of work on the business end of your Nieuport. I' m looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Best wishes
Nigel