Author Topic: Roden Nieuport 28c  (Read 12061 times)

Offline IFF1418

Re: Roden Nieuport 28c
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
Hello Petrov, Gregory, Lance, Bud and Nigel,

Thank you all once again for your continued support and the nice words on the started Nieuport. All your comments and advice are so much appreciated, and than,k to guys like you I learn every day. I know I will have a lot of questions left about this build and I must say I'm counting on you all. What Lance said is certainly true. By starting this kit I so much appreciate the unbelievable kits of WnW. But if I could finish this one in a nice way, I would have set a great leap forwards.
I wish you a very fine Christmas Day and for the new year, a year of happiness, joy, good health and outstanding projects.

Very kind regards my friends
Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
You have made a spectacular start to your Nieport 28 Patrick, the engine and cockpit are looking excellent. You asked if there are any decals better than Roden decals, yes, ANY decals are better than Roden decals.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
Thank you very much Des! Indeed I had quite some difficulties applying those on the instruments. I'm looking on the net now and found those of Superscale. I haven't decided yet which one I will apply, Rickenbacker or O'Neill. I'm still not certain if Ron will be able to deliver the pilot's seat and I found some seat belts in the Eduard Store wich I may be acquiring. So I won't be able to close the fuselage yet.
All the best Des!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Great progress, as for the seat ill send it in januarie can you measure the space in the cockpit where the seat is going to sit..?
A few people who have used this seat where saying that it wont fit and the seat is to big for the cockpit.
I made it in scale from windsockdata file drawings and a PE set for reference.
If i got the exact measurement i can modify the seat so it wil be a drop in fit instead of surgery to the seat., i only need the with of the seat.

Regards Ron

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »
Great progress, as for the seat ill send it in januarie can you measure the space in the cockpit where the seat is going to sit..?
A few people who have used this seat where saying that it wont fit and the seat is to big for the cockpit.
If i got the exact measurement i can modify the seat so it wil be a drop in fit instead of surgery to the seat., i only need the with of the seat.

Regards Ron

Ron,
   I realize you are closing shop and setting up on a different basis however would you consider doing another for me when Patrick provides the measurements?? Send me a PM if so with price and I'll provide a postal address.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »

Regards Ron

Ron,
   I realize you are closing shop and setting up on a different basis however would you consider doing another for me when Patrick provides the measurements?? Send me a PM if so with price and I'll provide a postal address.
Cheers,
Lance

I have made agrements with the person who iam working with, not selling anny parts myself  Patrick orderd the seat before these agrements where made, so he will get the seat in januari. the parts i sold will be abailble again in the future just be patient.
The reson i did not send it sooner is christmes wich will make lost of packadge more likely.

Regards Ron

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
Hi Lance,

I passed the measure to Ron, and I hope you will not have to wait to long for your seat. It is very nicely done and a real enhencement for the plane.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 07:31:04 AM »
Thanks Patrick, and apologies for bursting in on your Thread. :-[ Thank you Ron, I hope your products will continue to be available in the near future.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline aviator01

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
Hi Patrick, that's a very fine start. Beautiful work on the engine and cockpit. Looking forward to your progress.
greetings ro
On the bench: 1/48 Revell (Eduard) Bristol F.2B Fighter

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »
Hello Ro, thank you, nice to hear from you. I'm awaiting Ron's seat and than I can close the fuselage. Meanwhile I'm going to clean up my bench a bit.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
Thanks Patrick, and apologies for bursting in on your Thread. :-[ Thank you Ron, I hope your products will continue to be available in the near future.
Cheers,
Lance

Hi Lance, no need for apologies! Does this mean that the Nieuport is on top of your build list. I sincerely hope so!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »
Cheers,
Lance

Hi Lance, no need for apologies! Does this mean that the Nieuport is on top of your build list. I sincerely hope so!

Kind regards
Patrick

I still need to decide on markings and thus order some decals Patrick. Also I'll be holding off pending availability of Ron's seat from the new supplier. The "28" is a very pretty and colourful little bird, I really am looking forward to getting a crack at her.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 07:51:47 PM »
Hello friends,

As I still can't close the fuselage (waiting for the beautiful pilot's seat from Ron) I did the first attempt of painting the multicolor French camo on the upper wing. I like the soft, gentle colors, but "as usual" I had a mishap in putting the clear layer. My airbrush produced a number of spots and I couldn't recover it (meanwhile I found out what the problem was). O well, that's life. Thank you for stopping by and I certainly be glad to hear what could be improved.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
Patrick, I wonder if you could repaint the areas with the spots with the original colours,
then try the varnish again?  The dividing line between colours is very nicely done. Could
you tell me what you used for the CDL?  Good work, my friend.  I look forward to the next
steps.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:01 PM »
Thank you so much Ernie! Are you sure that on a clear layer the paint will hold easily. If so then I certainly will try it out. Glad you like the dividing lines my friend.

Kind regards
Patrick