Author Topic: Roden Nieuport 28c  (Read 12186 times)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: Roden Nieuport 28c
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »
Patrick that is a super job of the seat!  The cushion looks great and the
lattice slats are first rate. Excellent paintwork as well. Wonderful! 
I'm really looking forward to the rest of the build.  Well done, my friend.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
Thank you so much, dear Ernie. Your words are so much appreciated. The cushion is a bit flat but it was a first attempt. Thank you again for your kind words my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »
Outstanding work my friend!  The lattice seat looks wonderful.  Your colors and finish make it look very real.  That's a real gem!   ;D

Cheers,

Bob

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 11:03:20 PM »
Hello Bob,

Thank you my friend. Coming from such a great modeler and scratchbuilder this is a real compliment.

Kind regards
Patrick

Online radio

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 12:44:08 AM »
What a seat! :)
A great work.
Martin

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 12:54:27 AM »
Thank you Martin, you are much to kind, but your words are much appreciated!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 06:47:43 PM »
A very small update. The seat is now in the cockpit. Thank you for stopping by.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »
Wow! Very well done, Patrick.  The seat looks right at home in place.  I really like how
you have painted the tanks...excellent colour variation.  the whole assembly looks absolutely
first-rate!  You are making excellent progress, my friend.  I look forward to the next update.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »
Thank you so much dear Ernie for your kind words. The next update will take a while and most of what is to be seen now will have disappeared as I will close the fuselage now.
Thank you again my friend.

Kind regards
Patrick

Online radio

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 11:11:12 PM »
It is so much work for this and later you can see very little about your pretty work Patrick.
Martin

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »
    Outstanding work, Patrick. That seat is really well done and the rest, well, impressive work and then more. Your skills are improving in "quantum leaps and bounds", it's a pleasure to follow your progress. Keep up the excellent work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 02:11:13 AM »
It is so much work for this and later you can see very little about your pretty work Patrick.
Martin

Thank you Martin! Indeed we have to cover a lot of our work, but to know that it is there is enough for me. We have still our photo's don't we?

Cheers
Patrick

Outstanding work, Patrick. That seat is really well done and the rest, well, impressive work and then more. Your skills are improving in "quantum leaps and bounds", it's a pleasure to follow your progress. Keep up the excellent work!
Cheers,
Lance

Thank you Lance! I hope I'm improving my skills, that would be great. All these words coming from all those talented modelers give me  certainly  hope for the future my friend.

Kind regards
Patrick

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 08:01:23 AM »
The future is has arrived, Patrick. That's an exceptionally well done cockpit!! Enjoy the Build as I'll enjoy following your progress.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »
That seat looks great, Patrick.  Your cockpit assembly is excellent and you seem to have avoided the problems I did (such as pulling the rigging too tight and warping the frames).

Are you going to glue the fuselage together and slide the cockpit in from the front, or fit the cockpit and then glue the fuselage together?  For my build I glued the fuselage first, so I could fit the lower wing,  fix the seams and paint them.  I then attempted to slide in the cockpit assembly and found I had to sand the rear rear cockpit frame and the inside of the fuselage, so the cockpit would easily fit into the fuselage.

If I was to build another of these I'd fit the cockpit to the fuselage before gluing it together, ensuring that the firewall (part 7B) fitted properly (if the cockpit is sitting too far forward it makes it difficult to fit the firewall).  Then I'd fit the lower wing and paint it and the fuselage together, so I could avoid doing the touch up painting I had to do.

Cheers.

Dal. 

Online RAGIII

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
Patrick,
Your seat in place looks even better than before! Your interior is excellent!~ Like Dal said I changed the assembly sequence in my build and glued the interior in before assembling the fuselage halves. It worked like a charm for me.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler