Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425609 times)

WarrenD

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2015, 02:52:22 AM »
That really would put a lot of folks on their ear Doug, hehehehehe.

Warren

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #1171 on: March 30, 2015, 02:30:37 AM »
I had a dream....

really - firstly Fokker DII (In blue paintings of Jacobs) and DIII . Next Halberstadt DII and DIII.

You will see within a half year :)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1172 on: March 30, 2015, 02:59:57 AM »
I had a dream....

really - firstly Fokker DII (In blue paintings of Jacobs) and DIII . Next Halberstadt DII and DIII.

You will see within a half year :)

I would be happy and sad all at once... (Fokker D.III)

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #1173 on: March 30, 2015, 11:09:11 PM »

I went to order an RE8 but hadn't realised they've gone out of production..  :P

Do we have any idea when the next release will be? I don't know whether to try and track down an RE8 or wait and see what's coming up if anything?

Guy

Ps Surprised the RE8's gone - I would have thought the complicated rigging would have put a lot of people off...

Pps I'd really like the late version of the Brisfit or DH9 - they've been in development for ages - do we think they're coming or will it be like the figures? They've been 'coming' for about 3years!!

“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #1174 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:15 AM »
Interesting...

I just had a look over at Hannants. Previously they've priced the WNW kits the same in £ as it was in $ – $69 is £69.99 etc. Though the Felixstowe is £ 259, the AEG will set you back a whopping £ 279...??? Has the exchange rates plummeted even more recently, or is Hannants jacking up their prices?  ???

/Mikael
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #1175 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:27 AM »
The US$ is strengthening against all currencies and will likely do so for the next few months at least. I wonder if Wingnuts have overlooked that in the pricing of the AEG.

Yes, you may well be right there – I was thinking the same myself.

Though calculating the above mentioned price into SEK, I would almost pay twice as much if I bought the AEG from Hannants + shipping. Of course I may be slapped with a toll charge if I buy directly from WNW, but that would still be considerably cheaper.

Just trying to figure out how Hannants are calculating their prices – wondering why one would not buy directly instead? Of course I'm having the same problem trying to figure out how ebay prices works :o

/Mikael
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline AROTH

« Reply #1176 on: March 31, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »
Maybe slightly OT, but have any of the US customers of the AEG kit experienced any delays in receiving it (above past delivery times)?

My order stated it was sent March 6, but the tracking nbr provided does not show up in the NZ postal tracking system yet.

Perhaps I am just starting to worry too early?

Offline Kreston

« Reply #1177 on: March 31, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
Mine took a little longer than usual to make it to Wisconsin but it arrived no problem...along with my Pfalz D. XII.
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1178 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
Postage times vary quite considerably, my orders from Wingnuts usually only take four days, but my last order took three weeks, go figure.

As far as buying Wingnut kits from shops, no way, I have purchased all of my Wingnut kits directly from them except for a few that I picked up at bargain prices on Evil Bay.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #1179 on: March 31, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
Hi,

this is so variable and I'm also concerned that I have not received an order from WNW after it was said to have been shipped on 14th March (2 weeks!) - and I live only 30 miles (50 km or so) from them! I don't know if it is useless NZ Post or what. A previous order took a week after being 'shipped' yet the next arrived in just less than 24 hours. A mystery.

Cheers,

GrahamB

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1180 on: March 31, 2015, 01:24:42 PM »
It sounds as if your NZ Post is on par with our Aussie Post. Sometimes Aussie post can be amazing and deliver items at a extremely fast rate, but in most cases they really live up to their nickname of snail mail. Like I said in my previous post, I live just across the pond from the Wingnuts warehouse, some items arrive really quickly, others take weeks. I think it is just the luck of the draw, which day your order was placed, which day it was processed, which day it was picked up by NZ post, which aeroplane they decide to throw it on, if it is a direct route or a round about way, how long it is held in customs etc etc etc.....but at the end of the day we all eventually receive our orders and we carry on building models.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #1181 on: March 31, 2015, 01:28:08 PM »
Maybe slightly OT, but have any of the US customers of the AEG kit experienced any delays in receiving it (above past delivery times)?

My order stated it was sent March 6, but the tracking nbr provided does not show up in the NZ postal tracking system yet.

Perhaps I am just starting to worry too early?

No, it's not too early to worry.  Let me tell you a tale.

I ordered a Gotha on February 28.  I got the email from WNW saying it too was shipped on March 6.  3 days later it showed up as Picked Up on the NZ Post tracking.
By the way, try entering your tracking number in the USPS.com site.  Mine showed up there at the same time it went live on the NZ Post site (March 9).

It then took only 2 days to make it to Los Angeles, clearing customs 3 days later and arriving in Cleveland OH on March 18, just 45 minutes away from me in Akron.  But guess what....I still haven't received it!  Yup, for some as-yet-unexplained reason, it did an about-face and was sent back to WNW.  It arrived in their warehouse last week (signed for by Dave) but I've not yet had any response from them as to why it was returned or when it would be re-shipped.  I finally emailed Richard this evening and he immediately responded saying he'd follow up with Dave on the matter.

I highly recommend you try USPS tracking first and if that doesn't provide any information, I'd contact Wingnuts. 

Eric

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #1182 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »
Eric,

I am not in the US, but almost exactly the same thing has happened to me here in Dubai.

First I new, Dave at WNW sent me an email to say that it was shipped the day after it was ordered, and then returned to them for some inexplicable reason.

Apparently it has been sent out again, so we will see how long it takes before it shows up here in land of sand.

A weird postal paradox or WPP!

Dave :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1183 on: March 31, 2015, 03:39:25 PM »
Same here, although it was a Salmson and SE5a. My order Shipped on the 17th, arrived overseas on the 19th. Left the holding area on the 20th. Checking my tracking number on the 23rd showed delivery attempted. NO word after until the 29th when it suddenly showed an arrived at the regional Po on the 23rd, then the delivery attempted, and finally, ARRIVED in New Zealand on the 29th! I have sent an E Mail to WNW, NO response yet. Seems odd that so many sent recently have turned around?
RAGIII
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:52:47 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Hannover

« Reply #1184 on: March 31, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »
No, it's not too early to worry.  Let me tell you a tale.

I ordered a Gotha on February 28.  I got the email from WNW saying it too was shipped on March 6.  3 days later it showed up as Picked Up on the NZ Post tracking.
By the way, try entering your tracking number in the USPS.com site.  Mine showed up there at the same time it went live on the NZ Post site (March 9).

It then took only 2 days to make it to Los Angeles, clearing customs 3 days later and arriving in Cleveland OH on March 18, just 45 minutes away from me in Akron.  But guess what....I still haven't received it!  Yup, for some as-yet-unexplained reason, it did an about-face and was sent back to WNW.  It arrived in their warehouse last week (signed for by Dave) but I've not yet had any response from them as to why it was returned or when it would be re-shipped.  I finally emailed Richard this evening and he immediately responded saying he'd follow up with Dave on the matter.

I highly recommend you try USPS tracking first and if that doesn't provide any information, I'd contact Wingnuts. 

Eric

I had this with a couple of WNW orders about 18months ago. From what I can gather the front of the plastic sleeve that contains the piece of paper that has the address/customs info on it got ripped off and the piece of paper went walkabout. The postal authorities then had no idea of where to deliver the package so returned it to WNW.

On later orders I did notice that there was an additional stuck on address label obviously to provide a back up if the above happened again but I'm not sure I saw that on my last order.

Peter