Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425651 times)

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1095 on: March 18, 2015, 01:28:36 AM »
Not to go too far astray from the WNW speculation that this thread is supposed to be about but, is this one of the clues I missed?

Viva Spain

If so, I did wonder what the cryptic message meant. 

Now I'll drop it. 'Nuff said on the subject.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1096 on: March 18, 2015, 01:57:24 AM »
I wonder how many of us have built every single one of the Wingnut kits, and I mean built, not stashed  ???

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #1097 on: March 18, 2015, 02:00:18 AM »
I wonder how many of us have built every single one of the Wingnut kits, and I mean built, not stashed  ???

Des.
Well, based strictly on what's in my stash, not on what's available, It's one down, 17 to go.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1098 on: March 18, 2015, 02:04:00 AM »
For me Bud it's 13 built and 19 in my stash.

Des.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1099 on: March 18, 2015, 02:08:21 AM »

Des.

Ha, true! My guess that if you've bought more that just a few, then most are still in the box. For the record, I have ten in my stash with two of those in progress.

In the Model RR community, Fine Scale Miniatures has been producing high quality "craftsman" kits of buildings for over 40 years. Unfortunately, these unbuilt kits have become collectors items so most people don't build them. They just buy and sell them, back and forth on the collectors market, for stupid amounts of money.  I hope this isn't the future of WNWs kits.

George

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #1100 on: March 18, 2015, 03:26:50 AM »
For the outfit that is unarguably the foremost WWI air modeling company, it is hard to believe that they would ignore one of the War's most important aircraft, if not in numbers made, but in history, legend and just plain awesome piloting skills: F1 103/17.

Werner's triplane, we wants, it precious, we wants it forever...
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1101 on: March 18, 2015, 04:15:56 AM »
Is there going to be a scale models expo in Wellington NZ this year like there was one last year, early in April? Remember, WnW revealed their wonderful Roland C.II Walfisch kits then and there! So if there'd be that expo again this year, might we dare hoping..?

Offline ermeio

« Reply #1102 on: March 18, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
For the outfit that is unarguably the foremost WWI air modeling company, it is hard to believe that they would ignore one of the War's most important aircraft, if not in numbers made, but in history, legend and just plain awesome piloting skills: F1 103/17.

Werner's triplane, we wants, it precious, we wants it forever...
No, it cannot be so...
Recently I bought a stash of encore Dr1 from aviattic. :-)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #1103 on: March 18, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »
We really are a very funny lot......

Here, in just the last 3 months, WnW has given us models we could not have dreamed of......and yet we are already wondering what's next!

Works for me.....

What's even funnier is that we are trying, by some sort of force of will, to get WNW to release the WWI equivalent to the Messerschmitt 109.  It's not like there isn't a decent kit of the thing out there already.

BTW, WNW, hurry up and release a Fokker Dr.I/F.1 :D
Honor Necessity

WarrenD

« Reply #1104 on: March 18, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »

Here, in just the last 3 months, WnW has given us models we could not have dreamed of......and yet we are already wondering what's next!

Works for me.....

What's even funnier is that we are trying, by some sort of force of will, to get WNW to release the WWI equivalent to the Messerschmitt 109.  It's not like there isn't a decent kit of the thing out there already.

They've already released the WWI equivalent to the Bf109G in the form of the Albatros D.V. Sorry, but in my mind, the Albie series is the One-oh-thingee of the first unpleasantness. I love Fokker Tripes very much, but they were produced in low numbers, and most of the impact they had is in the post-war hype, and in our love for a neat looking a/c.

Warren

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #1105 on: March 18, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »

Works for me.....

They've already released the WWI equivalent to the Bf109G in the form of the Albatros D.V. Sorry, but in my mind, the Albie series is the One-oh-thingee of the first unpleasantness. I love Fokker Tripes very much, but they were produced in low numbers, and most of the impact they had is in the post-war hype, and in our love for a neat looking a/c.

Warren
I'll agree to disagree with ya, Warren.  No doubt the Albatros is very well known and was built in substantial numbers.  However, the two most iconic images of the WWI air war are the Sopwith Camel and the Fokker triplane.  No others need apply.  Manfred Von Richtofen basically insured that this would be the case by flying his last mission in one against Roy Brown, who flew a Camel.  Popular culture has further done its part to further engrain the image of the tripe into the collective conscience (Charles Schultz, thank, you).

Just one man's opinion.

Honor Necessity

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #1106 on: March 18, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »
Hello guys!!!

Here we go again...and again and again :D I don't think there needs to be sorry on either side ;) just speculating but I'm with Warren on this :) Quite frankly I don't really care what they release since I'm basically in love with whatever they do :D although I find it bit tedious to listen that WNW should release DR.I I still find funny how that topic will reappear and disappear every now and then ;)

Cheerio
Lukas

"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

WarrenD

« Reply #1107 on: March 19, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »
I do not wish to argue either, but I do feel compelled at this point to defend my post.  Nothing in the original post I quoted mentioned anything about icons, etc., just the equivalent a/c, and that is what I answered to.
I do agree, the Fokker Triplane is one of a triumvirate of WWI German icons, the others being the Stahlhelm and Marschstiefel. However, as much as the Bf109 was the backbone of the Luftwaffe, the Albatros series was the backbone of the Luftstrreitkrefte for the majority of time they fielded fighter a/c during WWI. This is the logic I was using.

Now, as to why WNW has not released a Fokker Triplane, I could only guess. It is surely NOT because it wouldn't be a money-maker because we all know it would. They have their reasons though, I am certain. I'm also certain they're not going to tell us either.

Warren

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1108 on: March 19, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
You are spot on Warren, Wingnuts will not tell us anything let alone why they are not (or as far as we know they are not) making a Fokker Triplane, it may come as a complete surprise one day as a duellist kit with the Sopwith Camel, who knows. As we have said in the past, regardless of what Wingnuts produce and release they will sell many kits, they have their die hard followers who will buy anything with the Wingnuts name on it. The Wingnuts reputation has been built up over the years as being producers of top quality well engineered plastic model aeroplane kits, they have cemented their name into modeling history.

I. like many others, will just sit back and wait for any news, if I like what they release I will buy one, if it is not to my liking or is too expensive it will be pushed aside, simple facts.

Des.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1109 on: March 19, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
Here's how I view Wingnut Wings and their choice of models they produce. They are like a very successful rock band that has been touring for years. They've played their hits from the radio ad infinitum until they are so bored they never want to hear those songs again. Now they just want to be creative and make the songs they want to hear. The true fans will still listen and buy the album, but the general public will loose interest. The DR.I and the Camel are the radio hits. WnWs are bringing us true WW1 aviation fans the obscure, strange, interesting, but not always well known songs from the heart.  :)

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

George
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:46:59 AM by Pgtaylorart »