Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429864 times)

Offline petrov27

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1065 on: March 09, 2015, 12:53:17 AM »
It's not an unreasonable list even if it's guesswork, but I wish they would give us a Hanriot and M5

Yes - very much wanting these two. Add a Halb Cl2 and Cl4 and I would be set with all of my most wanted done in 1/32
-Patrick

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #1066 on: March 09, 2015, 01:10:07 AM »
You're right @petrov27, an Halberstadt (CL.II or CL.IV - or both) would be a very positive thing.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #1067 on: March 09, 2015, 02:30:34 AM »
A Big Ack would be pretty cool....pretty far down the list though...but thanks for the pipe dream ammunition, Dal.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1068 on: March 09, 2015, 04:12:19 AM »
Hello All

Well, I've just done a quick count from the WNW site. By my reckoning (which might be a bit off) and discounting the duellists, they have treated us to 29 German aircraft kits, 17 British and just 2 French (versions of the Salmson). Maybe redressing the balance points us towards something British/French next time? Or maybe Italian/Austro-Hungarian? Whatever, I hope it's at the bottom end of the price range this time!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline macsporran

« Reply #1069 on: March 09, 2015, 06:16:14 AM »
"Bottom end of price range"

Amen to that, brother. I'll happily pay 69, 79 or 99USD for any new scout or two-seater that Wingnuts throw our way. But 200USD plus for something too big for my display cases, no way. I've got about 30 unmade WNWs competing for bench time as it is, as do many others.
Wingnuts, your mass market is here!
(IMHO) Sandy

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1070 on: March 09, 2015, 07:34:16 AM »
Like a lot of the Wingnut releases they have come completely out of the blue, no warning what so ever, so I am presuming that Wingnuts have more new kits sitting on the sideline just waiting for the right moment to release them.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #1071 on: March 09, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
Like a lot of the Wingnut releases they have come completely out of the blue, no warning what so ever, so I am presuming that Wingnuts have more new kits sitting on the sideline just waiting for the right moment to release them.

Des.

That could well be right, Des.  This company is full of surprises.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1072 on: March 09, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
Apart from the excellent high quality kits they produce, I think the surprise factor is another thing that keeps the modelers glued to the Wingnuts website, we just never know what is going to happen next.

Des.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #1073 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:54 AM »
Despite occasional posts from people claiming Wingnuts has given them an exclusive list of models in development, the truth is only a tiny handful of people outside the WnW operation are privy to what they are doing. This list is restricted to those involved in the development cycle of the kits. Even the WnW people's model friends in Wellington NZ, have no idea what they're up to. So regard any so-called "insider" lists of models in development as pure rumour mongering or wish lists.

Other than what's on the WnW website as in development the only kit they have confirmed is the Sopwith Camel and why that is not listed as 'in development' is a mystery as they have publicly confirmed its existence. As for a Be2, Nieuport, Fokker E.V and so on, these are all pure speculation and wish lists. Trouble is people say it so often on forums, it becomes fudged as fact.

Short version- a Camel is coming, all of those other suggested subjects are just a guess.,

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #1074 on: March 09, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
Kit reviewers and magazines may get a sample before general release but this may only be a few weeks at most.  Also if WNW sends an advert design to a publisher featuring new releases, the publisher will see the details a few weeks before the public does.  However I expect under those circumstances that WNW would insist on confidentiality ahead of publishing/kit release?

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #1075 on: March 09, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »
Absolutely, Ian. I have just read a build report on Zdenko Bugan's Felixstowe in Czech magazine Modelar. Mr. Bugan got an email invitation in October to build a show-up model from the new WNW line. He agreed not knowing what he was getting into. And then to his shock he got that suitcase-sized box with the Felixstowe kit and 6 weeks time to complete it keeping his mouth shut. Actually, that build log, rather than the description of the kit, is a set of advice pieces, how to plan and build something so large in 6 weeks, taking photos, writing the article, keeping it secret so that everybody is happy - he, the kit producer and the magazine editor.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Lyle

« Reply #1076 on: March 13, 2015, 07:08:39 AM »
Absolutely, Ian. I have just read a build report on Zdenko Bugan's Felixstowe in Czech magazine Modelar. Mr. Bugan got an email invitation in October to build a show-up model from the new WNW line. He agreed not knowing what he was getting into. And then to his shock he got that suitcase-sized box with the Felixstowe kit and 6 weeks time to complete it keeping his mouth shut. Actually, that build log, rather than the description of the kit, is a set of advice pieces, how to plan and build something so large in 6 weeks, taking photos, writing the article, keeping it secret so that everybody is happy - he, the kit producer and the magazine editor.

I'm very, very impressed with Zdenko Bugan's results on BOTH models in such a short time.  A real testament to his skills!
Lyle
Lyle

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #1077 on: March 14, 2015, 01:50:24 AM »
Hello gentlemen,
Have you seen a change on WnW site ? Now, there are some customer models pictures with each kitset. Have a look... ;)
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

WarrenD

« Reply #1078 on: March 14, 2015, 08:50:55 AM »
I think those have been there for a while Alain. I know I noticed them when shopping for a kit, and some are from our fellow forumites here.

Warren

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1079 on: March 14, 2015, 09:14:33 AM »
I noticed there is a beautifully built Felixstowe in the customer models section, an impressive model especially when compared to the Sopwith Pup model.

Des.