Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425750 times)

Offline stevie g

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #960 on: February 17, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
Hold onto your hats gentlemen, this kit is going to be available any day now. Just don't expect it to be a "bargain "

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #961 on: February 17, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »
... and it says now due out at the END of February, which is new to me.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #962 on: February 17, 2015, 07:26:12 PM »
Thursday or Friday next week, can't wait  :) :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline zavod44

« Reply #963 on: February 18, 2015, 08:43:19 AM »
Hold onto your hats gentlemen, this kit is going to be available any day now. Just don't expect it to be a "bargain "

Do you have some kind of insider knowledge?  Or is this just more of the wild speculation this whole thread is full of    :)

Kai

« Reply #964 on: February 18, 2015, 08:46:52 AM »

Do you have some kind of insider knowledge?  Or is this just more of the wild speculation this whole thread is full of    :)

WNW don't do insider knowledge. The place is like Fort Knox.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #965 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »
wow the built/painted AEG looks stellar - very cool
-Patrick

Offline stevie g

« Reply #966 on: February 18, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
No insider knowledge, just going on recent history  ;)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #967 on: February 18, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Wild speculation is what this topic is all about, and a lot of fun as well  :) :)

Des.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #968 on: February 18, 2015, 11:17:24 AM »
Now that the AEG is unveiled in its glory on the WnW website, does anyone still believe this will sell for less than $200? I am guessing a $US 250 price tag. Wingnuts managed to crack the $200 barrier with the Felixstowe and people paid it so no way will they retreat back to "cheaper" multi engine kits. This is a multi engine bomber and gorgeous looking model too. They'll want top dollar for it. So my guess is $US 250.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline stevie g

« Reply #969 on: February 18, 2015, 12:09:38 PM »
With the huge Felixstowes being $269 there is no way the AEG "should'' be over $200 { but that's not to say I'd be surprised if it was } a better comparison kit wise is of course the Gotha and as we all know that is listed at $149, soooo...my best guess is going to be $169, any takers..... 

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #970 on: February 18, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »
David has made some good points and I think WNW would be looking at ways to claw back some of the money it is spending with the free post offer. Any new kit would be a great opportunity for Wingnuts to increase their prices knowing full well that modelers will pay the higher price, remember, Wingnuts have now built themselves a brilliant reputation for extremely high quality kits, high quality deserves high prices.

I still do believe though that Wingnuts would be looking at the currency exchange rate around the world and will see that they would miss out on a huge amount of orders if prices are set too high, there are only a certain number of Americans who build and buy Wingnut kits, a majority of their sales would be coming from other parts of the world where the $US is extremely high.

As far as adding my two cents worth at a predicted price for the AEG, I feel $185 would, or should, pull it up.

Des.

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #971 on: February 18, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
Hi guys,

came across these two quotes yesterday on FB - 1) Why should it be any more than the other two seaters ????? And 2) Why should it , is it any better than any other two seater that they make ? Maybe you are happy to pay 50.00 more but not everyone has tons of money to burn!!
(Quoting Mike Goehring, sorry Mike) :)

It still surprise me that I said that I'm happy to pay the price for WNW(you get what you pay for) and response was clear assumption that I have a tons of money :) which I don't... If I did I'd be buying those on Ebay and not even care :D

My point is that I totally understand higher prices for new WNW kits (doesn't necessarily makes me happier) and I'm willing to spend money (when I have it) for it...I hope for something under 200$ but most of us wasn't guessing any more than that for Felix either :)

I'm totally hooked for AEG which is strange since I've never heard of this aircraft before I discovered WNW...one of many aspects why I shall continue to support the so we will get to see more of these... :)

Soon we will be back in business - after release it will be back to speculations :D

Lukas

"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline zavod44

« Reply #972 on: February 18, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
Well the Rolands that were released later last year, were still the usual $99 like the rest of the other two seaters.  Why do we think this will be so much more than the Gotha?  Why wouldn't they just raise the price on the Gotha, and all the rest of their kits if they are losing so much money?  Conventional wisdom would put the kit between a Roland and a Gotha...the size puts in in that area.  Personally I think it would be $129-$139.  The kit isn't that huge.....Why do we think it would be almost the price of the Felix? 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:58:00 PM by zavod44 »

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #973 on: February 18, 2015, 02:21:12 PM »
Well the Rolands that were released later last year, were still the usual $99 like the rest of the other two seaters.  Why do we think this will be so much more than the Gotha?  Why wouldn't they just raise the price on the Gotha, and all the rest of their kits if they are losing so much money?  Conventional wisdom would put the kit between a Roland and a Gotha...the size puts in in that area.  Personally I think it would be $129-$139.  The kit isn't that huge.....Why do we think it would be almost the price of the Felix?

I have no idea how this will be priced, but just as observation: ... parts count is greater than Felix and nearly the same as Gotha... Has 5 sheets of decals vs. Felix and 1.25 for the Gotha ...

Real question to me is how many boxings... Kinda hoping they stick to just one this time...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #974 on: February 18, 2015, 06:21:30 PM »
Wingnuts try to get as much mileage as they can from a kit so expect some more boxings later down the track if not at the release date.

Des.