Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425527 times)

Offline zavod44

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #885 on: January 22, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
The now de rigueur Early and Late, I s'pose.

No ground attack G IVk? Or the long wing G IVg?  Didn't some have a box tail?  On the ground attack it mounted the Becker Cannon, it's about time one of those were made, then the cannon sprue could be purchased separately and used on other projects.  Like the Gotha among others.... Lots of possibilities lets' hope they get adventuresome.   

mike in calif

« Reply #886 on: January 23, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »
Thanks for the size comparison Des. Should be a good buildable, displayable size.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #887 on: January 23, 2015, 02:07:39 AM »
If they do a G.IVk with a Becker cannon, I'm in! 
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline petrov27

« Reply #888 on: January 23, 2015, 08:05:43 AM »
That does seem like a good size for the AEG. Wonder what the price will come in at?

Dont know much about the AEG but it looks cool - hope there are some good schemes for it!
-Patrick

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #889 on: January 23, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »
Prototype, Very Early, Earlyish, Fairly Early, Early, Early-Mid, Mid, Midish, Early-Latish, Late, Very Late, Super Late, Too Late.
;D ;D ;D
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #890 on: January 23, 2015, 11:17:38 AM »
Prototype, Very Early, Earlyish, Fairly Early, Early, Early-Mid, Mid, Midish, Early-Latish, Late, Very Late, Super Late, Too Late.

Very clever but probably not far from the truth, Wingnuts like to get as much mileage as possible from each mould so your list would be very close  :) :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline zavod44

« Reply #891 on: January 23, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »
I'll take them all but the prototype, they are never painted very cool, and the too late, I just don't like the sound of it. 

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #892 on: January 23, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »
Me, I like those post-armistice-too late versions a lot, even if you cannot build them as the mounts of one of those veryvery famous, veryvery bold etc. men. I like those planes, find them interesting, because they're seldom seen, often quite colourful and mostly connected to very interesting stories from quite exotic parts of the world, like e.g. Siberia or Persia... Yes, that's my passion.
Richard

Offline Dol

« Reply #893 on: January 23, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »
Me, I like those post-armistice-too late versions a lot, even if you cannot build them as the mounts of one of those veryvery famous, veryvery bold etc. men. I like those planes, find them interesting, because they're seldom seen, often quite colourful and mostly connected to very interesting stories from quite exotic parts of the world, like e.g. Siberia or Persia... Yes, that's my passion.
Richard

I like the post armistice version too. For example as I'm building the LVG C VI, I find very interesting the "limousine", the full cabin conversion. I wish I could built this kind of version but I'm not able to do the modification.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #894 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »

I like the post armistice version too. For example as I'm building the LVG C VI, I find very interesting the "limousine", the full cabin conversion. I wish I could built this kind of version but I'm not able to do the modification.
[/quote]

Oh yes, the LVG VI "limousine" is beautiful!

Offline stevie g

« Reply #895 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »
For some reason the newest Wingnuts release of the AEG dose nothing for me, even looking through the Datafile on the subject, but I digress, a question, the Felixstwe kit being larger both physically and in parts count to the Gotha is therefore more expensive than the Gotha. So it should follow that with the AEG being smaller physically ( though of corse we don't know the parts count yet ) that it will be cheaper than the Gotha, it "should" be, but some how I doubt it will be.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #896 on: January 23, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »
Yes, beautiful. I have an original of this poster:

There is another on sale at ebay at the moment:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371235848626?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Excellent price!
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Dol

« Reply #897 on: January 23, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #898 on: January 24, 2015, 03:56:35 AM »
For some reason the newest Wingnuts release of the AEG dose nothing for me, even looking through the Datafile on the subject, but I digress, a question, the Felixstwe kit being larger both physically and in parts count to the Gotha is therefore more expensive than the Gotha. So it should follow that with the AEG being smaller physically ( though of corse we don't know the parts count yet ) that it will be cheaper than the Gotha, it "should" be, but some how I doubt it will be.

My guess is that it will match the $149 of the Gotha, that will still be a bargain.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #899 on: January 24, 2015, 05:23:07 AM »
I'm thinking $129...it's smaller than the Gotha, should be a little cheaper in my mind anyway.  WHo know's maybe even $99, is it a lot bigger than the Salmson, or the Hanover?  Or the Rumpler?