Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 428765 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #855 on: January 15, 2015, 02:52:50 AM »
I think we should square off into teams, Dr1/Camel proponents vs. everyone else, and fight it to the death.

;D

mike in calif

« Reply #856 on: January 15, 2015, 03:53:20 AM »
...Come on in folks... torches to the left, pitchforks to the right. I take paypal, and don't forget to grab a cobble-stone on the way out!

Online petrov27

« Reply #857 on: January 15, 2015, 06:55:11 AM »
I think we should square off into teams, Dr1/Camel proponents vs. everyone else, and fight it to the death.

;D

Ha, even though I am one who prefers they stay away from subjects already done in 1/32 in favor of never-done aircraft, I still would purchase DrI/Camel in a heartbeat if/when they do them. I have the WNW sickness...
-Patrick

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #858 on: January 15, 2015, 01:56:58 PM »
I would be totally on board for a Hanriot - far more than for DrI/Camel but that is just me I guess :)

nope, I'm with you... for some strange reason I don't desire Dr.I/Camel but rather more surprising subject that WNW brought over the last few years... It has been said many times that WNW will need some Dr.I/Camel type style plane for their marketing but since a lot of us buy mostly anything they release I hardly see that as an argument :D whatever is next I'm excited (and as Przemol pointed out I like surprises too and not knowing what it is makes it even better for me) and I'm almost certain that I will want to buy it :D I bought my first WNW in 2013 and manage to buy another 15 kits in 2014 :D with that I will need to put some serious thinking not just about display areas but also size of my stash...oh dear :D

Cheerio
Lukas

Well I must say that I am in for a camel, maybe 2 and oh well probably 3 DR1s  :-X That being said I have to pick and choose what I buy as I am not in the financial bracket to buy EVERY WNW release.My WNW stash is now only 3, a Late Snipe, Pfalz DIIIa, and a  Pup.  I am also hoping VERY MUCH that WNW release a Dolphin, Fokker EV/DVIII, Strutter, and yes I could go for a Hanriot!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #859 on: January 15, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
One other thing I have been thinking about. Earlier someone mentioned WNW using the Existing SE%a and a Fokker Triplane in a duelist kit. At first I thought that unlikely but after further thought here is my speculation:
IF WNW were to release an F1 version of the Triplane then a Dualists is the ONLY logical way. Lets face it, there are only 2 available schemes for the F1s. A duelist version of Voss and APF Rhys Davids / and or McCudden would certainly be the way to go. Limited numbers for a kit with limited schemes!
RAGIII
Yes, yes, yes... fingers crossed...turn around three times and stand on one foot... whatever it takes, I'm there!
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline gcn

« Reply #860 on: January 16, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »
I'd say the Camel was one of the more colourful RFC subjects and I'm looking forward to it.

There'll probably be several boxings too.

There's nowt wrong with pc10, we don't all need to be gaudy peacocks. ;-)

Offline ondra

« Reply #861 on: January 17, 2015, 03:25:48 AM »
Well, from my point of view - I have never spent a single penny buying a model kit. However, should WNW release a duellist kit of Rhys-David's S.E.5a and Vosses F.I, this would have me change my mind. :)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #862 on: January 17, 2015, 03:42:56 AM »
I'd say the Camel was one of the more colourful RFC subjects and I'm looking forward to it.

... plus the Pup.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Sopwith Pup boxing with some of the more colorful "hack" and "trainer" versions that existed during the war.
Honor Necessity

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #863 on: January 18, 2015, 01:26:15 AM »

... plus the Pup.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Sopwith Pup boxing with some of the more colorful "hack" and "trainer" versions that existed during the war.

Have a look at Pheon' decals.
I have them.  However, not withstanding what is offered on that excellent sheet of decals, there are even more possibilities out there than what Pheon's sheet offers.
Honor Necessity

Online petrov27

« Reply #864 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »
So has anyone received a shipping notice since WNW returned from holiday? I am sure they are backlogged, but was just curious if shipping had started backed up....
-Patrick

Offline ermeio

« Reply #865 on: January 18, 2015, 08:16:50 AM »
So has anyone received a shipping notice since WNW returned from holiday? I am sure they are backlogged, but was just curious if shipping had started backed up....
I ordered some kits before Christmas but did not receive any shpping notification yet.
I received support from help, therefore they are back.

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #866 on: January 18, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »

Have a look at Pheon' decals.
I have them.  However, not withstanding what is offered on that excellent sheet of decals, there are even more possibilities out there than what Pheon's sheet offers.

Do you have any examples?

32015 has some very bright schemes, I'd be interested if there are others as well!

Blue Rider has two (2) sheets that feature the diamond design below, plus a black and white check aircraft.  None of these examples are featured on 32015.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:45:00 AM by Eric Armstrong »
Honor Necessity

mike in calif

« Reply #867 on: January 20, 2015, 05:22:10 AM »
Some colorful schemes there for sure!
 Regarding the Felix/Curtis boats: any possibility we might actually see a Curtis H series flying boat? How much of the tooling would cross over?

Online petrov27

« Reply #868 on: January 20, 2015, 08:07:22 AM »
Some colorful schemes there for sure!
 Regarding the Felix/Curtis boats: any possibility we might actually see a Curtis H series flying boat? How much of the tooling would cross over?

I would think a H16 would be a real possibility? Going off memory alone (probably a bad idea) but I think the F2a kit would need new engines, new rudder, new radiators, maybe changes to the engine bearers/struts and maybe a new canopy?
-Patrick

Offline janh

« Reply #869 on: January 21, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
The AEG has some status change: 2 photos of the cockpit some type detail and an expected release date in february yay