Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429107 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #810 on: January 08, 2015, 07:57:19 AM »
I would very much like to see a line up of Caproni aircraft, these are virtually untouched in 1:32 scale.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #811 on: January 08, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »
Nah, the 2015 is the right centenary for a Caproni Ca 3 and perhaps a Ca 4  Triplane.
Fiorello La Guardia piloted them and the french had a production Line put up by Esnault Pelterie.
Plenty of postwar and colonial variations and no other one of the WW1 bombers sported the same variety of colorful distinctive signs and camouflage, not even the gothas...
That would be the ideal companion for the Ansaldo Balilla...

It would be cool to see those Caproni Aircraft but correct me if I am wrong, WNW released NO Aircraft relevant to the 1914 Centenary. My thought is that WNW is not affected by the anniversary. They already have an agenda and CUSTOMER base, although the base is expanding due to the quality of their kits. I still think the Camel and Red Baron Triplane is a likely Duelist release. I also still feel strongly we will see some of the Aircraft that are in the T Val collection like the Strutter, Dolphin, EV/DVIII, etc. JMHO!
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #812 on: January 08, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »
Ca.3 now near the top of my wish list too - and seeming amazingly more plausible now we actually have a Felixstowe.
I picked up my Felixstowe (early) today. Gobsmacked! Honestly, never in my wildest dreams etc etc.
In fact, I think an R-plane is now a distinct possibility, sometime in the middle future.
But I want a Caproni more. As ermeio says, all those lovely schemes, for a charismatic machine.

Mark

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #813 on: January 08, 2015, 02:21:25 PM »
I'd like to see a Taube, a Fokker F.1 and an D.VIII and a Bleroit XI
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #814 on: January 08, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »
I want some Hapsburg birds...
Honor Necessity

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #815 on: January 08, 2015, 05:03:30 PM »
Eric,

quite. Just think of the possibilities with the Albatros D.III OEF variants, colours and markings, HB C.1, Aviatik Berg D.1 etc.

Cheers,

GrahamB

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #816 on: January 08, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »
Personally I would be happy if Wingnuts briefly stepped back from the big ticket, huge flying boats and the German two seaters to give us a few cheaper single seater subjects or more of an RFC focus for a while.

The Sopwith Camel is on the coming soon list and will be warmly welcomed, but I'd also like a Be2c, a DH.5 and in the floatplane world a Sopwith Baby. German single seaters I would buy include a Fokker E.V/. D.VIII.

Everything Wingnuts does is world class but this thread is about personal preferences. I can appreciate the Felixstowes have been warmly received as will the AEG be on release but given the slump in the Aussie dollar against the US ( A80c to the US today) I'd like some more affordable WNW kits.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ondra

« Reply #817 on: January 08, 2015, 08:17:02 PM »
Eric,

quite. Just think of the possibilities with the Albatros D.III OEF variants, colours and markings, HB C.1, Aviatik Berg D.1 etc.

Cheers,

GrahamB
I think the issue with austro-hungarian aircraft is the huge number of variations between single exemplars. From my own experience I can tell about the Aviatik Berg D.I - almost every single piece was an original. Therefore the A-H aircraft are very difficult for any manufacturer to present, not even talking about WNW with their focus on detail.

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #818 on: January 08, 2015, 09:34:57 PM »
I'd like to see a Taube, a Fokker F.1 and an D.VIII and a Bleroit XI

I just had a moment thinking about these... just my liking though :) !!!! I hope that Felixstowe will survive until May and I'm very excited about AEG :)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #819 on: January 09, 2015, 02:47:38 AM »
That it would be. I guess the stage is set for a Handley-page though, given the respective size compared to a Gotha, AEG, and now the Felix. I would still like to see a couple of Brit seaplanes comparable to the W series planes.
Or a very early Brit sea-plane....the elegant Short 184 from 1915 sporting the Union Jack for markings and lugging a torpedo at Gallipoli.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #820 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:26 AM »
Yep, that would be totally cool

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Derrick

« Reply #821 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:30 AM »
I would like to see a model of the Short 184. Also besides the Camel would like a Dolphin and a Viper engine SE5a , to make one of Billy Bishop's aircraft.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #822 on: January 09, 2015, 08:30:32 AM »
Eric,

Cheers,

GrahamB
I think the issue with austro-hungarian aircraft is the huge number of variations between single exemplars. From my own experience I can tell about the Aviatik Berg D.I - almost every single piece was an original. Therefore the A-H aircraft are very difficult for any manufacturer to present, not even talking about WNW with their focus on detail.

Honor Necessity

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #823 on: January 09, 2015, 09:20:17 AM »
Jamo, I have to say that the water-borne aircraft dioramas you have shared with us in the last few months are absolutely wonderful. My dad flew Catalinas and always talked about the excitement of takeoff and, specifically when, "it got up on the step". I feel that same exuberance in your art work.

I'm glad the Roden 1/72 Felixstowe gave you such a good dress rehearsal...can't wait to see what you do with the 1/32 offering. And, that you don't plan to build it is not an acceptable offer.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Thanks Michael  :)  I need to start with a smaller water diorama in 1/32 first before the Felixstowe. My credit card agrees with this also

Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #824 on: January 09, 2015, 02:59:05 PM »
i agree eric,wheres the hapsburg stuff.