Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425785 times)

WarrenD

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #780 on: December 15, 2014, 05:05:29 AM »
Exactly Eric. You'd think WNW letting a Fokker D.VII go OOP would be akin to Airfix letting their Avro Lancaster bomber go OOP, but Sir PJ is obviously a better businessman than I am, so who am I to judge?  Add to that, as Des has pointed out on more than one occasion, WNW doesn't give a tinkers dam what I think.  :)

Warren

Offline gcn

« Reply #781 on: December 15, 2014, 05:19:50 AM »
I didn't think the d.vii would sell out, but there are still 3 different boxings of it for sale so the Lancaster analogy doesn't quite work.

Panic buttons will be pressed if another one goes though

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #782 on: December 15, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »
Sir PJ has repeatedly stated in interviews words to the effect that in fact he is doing this (WNW) for fun. The models WNW produces are the ones he fancies.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #783 on: December 15, 2014, 05:47:41 AM »
If the "April Fools" sell out bug pattern continues to hold true, the other Merc powered Fokkers will sell out as well.

Not to incite panic buying or anything :)

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #784 on: December 15, 2014, 05:50:17 AM »
If the "April Fools" sell out bug pattern continues to hold true, the other Merc powered Fokkers will sell out as well.

Not to incite panic buying or anything :)

Hey Bo, what were the kits that were listed as sold out on the "April Fools"? Wasn't the Gotha one of the kits?
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #785 on: December 15, 2014, 05:58:04 AM »

-----------------------
Hi,

Overnight a website error caused several of our models to wrongly appear as sold
out. While all our models are limited and will eventually sell out, these models
are still currently available as of 1 April 2014;

32005 1/32 Gotha G.IV            US$149
32008 1/32 Sopwith Triplane         US$69
32009 1/32 Albatros D.V        US$69
32011 1/32 Fokker D.VII (Fok)        US$79
32015 1/32 Albatros D.Va        US$69
32027 1/32 Fokker D.VII (Alb)        US$79
32030 1/32 Fokker D.VII (OAW)    US$79

Almost certainly more models will appear to be sold out in error over the next
few hours. Hopefully we will have this fixed some time today (New Zealand time).

We apologise for any concern that may have been caused. If this website error
caused you to place a panic order and you wish to cancel it for a full refund
please email [email protected] with your order details.

Regards

Richard Alexander
Coordinator
[email protected]

WarrenD

« Reply #786 on: December 15, 2014, 06:44:15 AM »
I didn't think the d.vii would sell out, but there are still 3 different boxings of it for sale so the Lancaster analogy doesn't quite work.

I think it works quite well. If the Fokker-built has sold out, the others will to in due time of course. However, I don't have a dog in this hunt to be truthful. I've bought some WNW kits, but they are mostly a curiosity with me as 1/32nd is not my preferred scale. Others though, I know, will be understandably upset if WNW just fades out.

Warren

WarrenD

« Reply #787 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:19 AM »
Sir PJ has repeatedly stated in interviews words to the effect that in fact he is doing this (WNW) for fun. The models WNW produces are the ones he fancies.

Well, I've never read or listened to the interviews where he said this, so I didn't assume.

Warren

mike in calif

« Reply #788 on: December 15, 2014, 06:48:36 AM »
regardless of PJs intent, WNW has influences our hobby for the better, and made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #789 on: December 15, 2014, 08:16:10 AM »
I actually enjoy the fact that Sir Peter wants to release kits that he is interested in. He is living out his dream, as we would if we had his money. The only difference from my perspective being I would plumb for 1.1 scale flying aircraft with me test flying each and everyone one of them.... barring the Be2.C  :) But as I don't have his money I had better get back to twisting wire and cutting tube  ;)

Von Buckle

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline petrov27

« Reply #790 on: December 15, 2014, 08:21:03 AM »
One thing I thought they said in early interviews was that all kits would have an initial short(ish) run then would be available as special edition kits from then on out? Of course that was years ago that was said and those special edition kits have not appeared so maybe plans have changed?
-Patrick

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #791 on: December 15, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »
Every time they are asked about it, they repeat that the special editions are still in the pipeline. I see no reason to doubt them. I also see no reason to believe WNW is just going to vanish in a puff of smoke any time soon. They seem to be having fun, they keep moving from strength to strength and the kudos keep piling on, they have unfinished business they have committed to -- and I bet they are making good money.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #792 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »
Fully agree with you Bo. I ask Richard Alexander about the deluxe kits every know then and then, and he always assures me they are coming. If modellers need figures in the meantime there is a very good selection available from a range of producers. I reckon its OK to be impatient if you have built all the WNW kits from your stash, otherwise get modelling  ;)
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

mike in calif

« Reply #793 on: December 15, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »
Yes! I have ahhhh... some kits on the shelf, and now am doing the big save for the Felix, and then the AEG, and would like another W-12...

WarrenD

« Reply #794 on: December 15, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »
You know, it's not like most, if not all, of us have a gob of unbuilt kits in the pipeline.

Bob, Sir PJ DOES get to fly 1:1 scale a/c, he's got his TVAL toys to play with too.

Warren