Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425604 times)

Offline Umlaufmotor

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #555 on: November 20, 2014, 04:11:03 AM »
Let us wait a little, it is not yet December 3rd.
The W.12 is the Christmas release, not the Christmas surprise8)

Servus
Bertl

Online petrov27

« Reply #556 on: November 20, 2014, 04:32:30 AM »
Yeah I am worried about some of those kits from the first WNW release group ones being gone - probably will place an order soon but was sorta holding out to see if there was going to be any other late year releases aside from the W12...
-Patrick

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #557 on: November 20, 2014, 04:53:31 AM »
Here's some more baseless speculation -

heh i thought exactly the same thing …

here is the list for you panic buyers :)

32005 1/32 Gotha G.IV            US$149
32008 1/32 Sopwith Triplane         US$69
32009 1/32 Albatros D.V        US$69
32011 1/32 Fokker D.VII (Fok)        US$79
32015 1/32 Albatros D.Va        US$69
32027 1/32 Fokker D.VII (Alb)        US$79
32030 1/32 Fokker D.VII (OAW)    US$79

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #558 on: November 20, 2014, 05:20:24 AM »
Let us wait a little, it is not yet December 3rd.
The W.12 is the Christmas release, not the Christmas surprise8)

Servus
Bertl

Yes, let us hope there will be a: Christmas Surprise
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #559 on: November 20, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
Here's some more baseless speculation - a little while ago there was a 'glitsch' with the Wingnuts website whereby a few kits went 'Sold Out'. The first one to do so was the Fokker DVII (Fok) that now has really sold out. Maybe that was triggered by something shifting a decimal place or something, pushing the low stock kits 'over the edge' so to speak. Maybe the others that were affected that time will go the same way soon...?

Now that is interesting baseless thinking! Does anyone remember the other couple of kits that showed up Sold out!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #560 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »
Here is another thing to ponder. Other than the Virtual Identical OAW Alabatros DVa kit, and the Roland DVIb, it seems awhile since the last single seat fighter issue! Was  the Snipe the last totally new one ? Seems time for a fighter type to me  :-X
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #561 on: November 20, 2014, 10:16:18 AM »
Here's some more baseless speculation - a little while ago there was a 'glitsch' with the Wingnuts website whereby a few kits went 'Sold Out'. The first one to do so was the Fokker DVII (Fok) that now has really sold out. Maybe that was triggered by something shifting a decimal place or something, pushing the low stock kits 'over the edge' so to speak. Maybe the others that were affected that time will go the same way soon...?

Now that is interesting baseless thinking! Does anyone remember the other couple of kits that showed up Sold out!
RAGIII

See Bo's post above...

Well I guess I totally misread Bos post. I thought those were his picks for next to go. It didn't seem as though all of those were on that Out of Stock list. Thanks for the Clarification,
RAGIII

Online petrov27

« Reply #562 on: November 20, 2014, 11:44:10 AM »
Saw this on another model site regarding the AEG -

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3094

Unfortunately tooling problems and production delays mean that this model will now be released in January or February 2015.

-Patrick

mike in calif

« Reply #563 on: November 20, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »
I'm OK with that.

WarrenD

« Reply #564 on: November 20, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
OK, after years of resisting the tempation, I finally took the plunge and ordered some kits for the stash.  :o

Warren

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
I do like the W.12 but for me the dilemma is, given that I build at the pace of a glacier  :), and I have 28 WNW in the stash ::), should I buy this newest one? I could buy it and never get to it. Or like a few previous releases wait and hemhaw around until it goes out of stock and be disappointed that I waited too long. What to do?????

Mike

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #566 on: November 20, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »
Back in 2013 when Wingnuts first announced the AEG and showed test shots of the kit they said that it would be released in 2015, so it appears the pre christmas release would have come a surprise to everyone, putting it back a few months just puts it back to the original release time, roughly.

I purchased a brand new unopened Gotha for $95, considerably cheaper than the advertised Wingnuts price, I made my purchase on eBay. There are bargains to be had, just have to be in the right place at the right time, I also picked up an OOP LVG for just over $100, a little more than the original Wingnuts price but still a lot better than what some kits have been selling for.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #567 on: November 20, 2014, 03:19:35 PM »
Re: AEG delay.....isn't this the first time ever WnW has actually made any sort of announcement as to when a kit was to actually be released??

Um not really, last year they did quite a little tease with the release of the Salmson ;)

Offline petero

« Reply #568 on: November 20, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »
I spend a fair amount of time on eBay and I have yet to see any WnW kit sell for less than its original price.

If you search closed auctions for wingnut Fokker (fok), you'll see three D.VII (Fokker) kits that have sold for less than their $79 list price recently, even before subtracting the 13% that eBay and PayPal charge the seller.  Of course the D.VII will now escalate in price, but WNW kits definitely do sell below MSRP at times.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=wingnut+fokker+%28fok%29&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Peter

Offline mgunns

« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2014, 12:43:56 AM »
I do like the W.12 but for me the dilemma is, given that I build at the pace of a glacier  :), and I have 28 WNW in the stash ::), should I buy this newest one? I could buy it and never get to it. Or like a few previous releases wait and hemhaw around until it goes out of stock and be disappointed that I waited too long. What to do?????

Mike

Hi Mike:

I feel your pain.  I don't have as many as you in my stash, but; I have a good supply.  I have cut back on my buying.  As I have so many in the stash, I am going to concentrate on building models, rather than building a stash.  What to do you ask?  Build and have fun.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....