Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 428584 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2014, 02:05:50 AM »
AModel?

Just thought of another company that starts with an A: Aviattic  8)
RAGIII

Hehe I think you might be on to something there Mr. Geisler... I seem to recall a certain scratch built project on these pages that looked an awful lot like a prototype...
We'll hell, I was sworn to secrecy, but it seems the cat is nearly completely out of the bag and it is almost Friday, after all.  You're right, Rick.  It'll be resin and it will be AWESOME.
Cheers,
Bud
Cheers,
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2014, 02:18:05 AM »
AModel?

Just thought of another company that starts with an A: Aviattic  8)
RAGIII

Hehe I think you might be on to something there Mr. Geisler... I seem to recall a certain scratch built project on these pages that looked an awful lot like a prototype...
We'll hell, I was sworn to secrecy, but it seems the cat is nearly completely out of the bag and it is almost Friday, after all.  You're right, Rick.  It'll be resin and it will be AWESOME.
Cheers,
Bud
Cheers,

I think it's Friday somewhere :)

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2014, 02:53:34 AM »
Someone on the FB WinNuts Wings fan page posted his box art for a 1/32 Ansaldo A.1 Balilla, and said to expect an announcement on Friday.
And on the FB WnW fan page -photos, among a series of shots of a fan club show last year somewhere, there on the table among other WnW kits is a built model of what looks very much like a Hansa-Brandenburg CC...maybe a little large for 1:32 but can't be sure. Also next to it is a large 2-seat triplane without upper surface markings. Sorry if this has been talked about and I missed it but I'm just really curious. I've found a 1:48 version of a HB-CC from Omega models but it's definitely not that.    -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Online James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:13 AM »
Do we know if Wingnut will be releasing a new kit tomorrow, or is this just speculation? It would be cool if they do.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2014, 03:12:04 AM »
You'd be amazed what a chick magnet a Spandau can be.) (Wish I could find those pictures.)

;D ;D ;D

Online James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2014, 03:12:43 AM »
Just as a matter of interest, how long has it been that the AEG has been on their website marked as In Production?

If I'm not mistaken, about a year now. That would be really sweet if they released the AEG tomorrow.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #441 on: October 31, 2014, 03:14:01 AM »
BTW, are there elves adding emoticons to posts? I never use them but have now had two added to my posts. Or is it merely the power of thought that causes them to materialize?

No, but if you type 3 question marks it will appear as ???

;)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2014, 03:15:56 AM »
Do we know if Wingnut will be releasing a new kit tomorrow, or is this just speculation? It would be cool if they do.

It's not Wingnuts, it's a company that starts with an A and has a logo remarkably similar to a famous German propeller decal :)

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #443 on: October 31, 2014, 03:23:57 AM »
Last year (2013) WNW made their first Fall releases on Oct. 22.  We are running late this year.  The previous year they released on October 5.  However, the last two years there was not a late July release like we had this year with the DFWs.  By my count, WNW has released six (6) kits so far in 2014 (two Walfisches, the Roland D.VIb, the Albatros D.V (OAW) and the two DFWs).  Arguably, these are only two new airframes, but it's possible that we might not see another release until closer to Christmas.  I hope I'm wrong, but six boxings this year so far seems about right based on past practice, but . . . who knows!  The WNW folks work on their own whim an schedule. ;)  I have already placed a provisional WNW Be.2 on my build list, and that's what I'm hoping for. :)

In any event, the "A----" Balilla will suck up all my oxygen for the next couple of weeks anyway.  Can't wait to see how I can get my hands on one of those! :D   

Regards,

Bob

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #444 on: October 31, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »
Just looked at the Ron Cole site. Under E-Bay Store there is the painting of the Ansaldo. Item description says:

Ansaldo A.1 'Balilla' Italian World War I fighter, flown by Antonio Locatelli, with his beautifully distinctive personal markings by Ron Cole. Commissioned originally for a brand new 1/32 scale model!

Mike

Offline TimK

« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »
Pretty sure the AEG G.IV was announced in May 2013.

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #446 on: October 31, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
Yes, 17 May 2013 at the 2013 Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan

It was displayed at the Wellington Model Expo earlier this year where I took these photos:

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #447 on: October 31, 2014, 10:07:15 PM »
Hello to all,
I just read that the release for this year would be a Ansaldo A1 Balilla on Wingnut wings fans facebook.
Impatient seing the pictures.
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #448 on: October 31, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »
Hello to all,
I just read that the release for this year would be a Ansaldo A1 Balilla on Wingnut wings fans facebook.
Impatient seing the pictures.
Best regards.
Alain.

No need to be impatient. Pictures have been here for many weeks. ;)