Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425540 times)

mike in calif

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2014, 04:04:20 AM »
Close enough for me.... I still want a Do-335, and the ZM Horton 229. I'll hopefully get a DFW for Christmas, so all should be quiet on the model front after that.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2014, 05:50:01 AM »
it seems a tradition now that Santa, or rather Peter Jackson and his team, will bring us a Christmas kit surprise - hoping for a Halb Cl2 or Hanriot myself.... :)
-Patrick

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2014, 07:46:32 AM »
    There's still hope for that phantom Camel in my Christmas Wish Book.......................... ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #393 on: October 07, 2014, 08:04:19 AM »
I think that's a good bet Dekenba...

I think a Halb CL.II is an eventual no brainer given the multitude of interesting schemes available, but I think a British type is probably due...

Sopwith Camel is one I will probably be able to resist-ish (like only buy one of the inevitable many versions/boxings)

mike in calif

« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2014, 01:44:14 AM »
I wouldn't mind a 2F1 Camel, some nice paint schemes there.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2014, 02:56:48 AM »
Sopwith Camel is one I will probably be able to resist-ish (like only buy one of the inevitable many versions/boxings)

Buy only one Camel?  :o  I guess your signature says it all Bo!  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2014, 04:02:25 AM »
This is just personal speculation, but I think the folks at Wingnut Wings operate under a few general "policies", for lack of a better term. First, and most important, would be what Sir Peter Jackson wants. It's his outfit, after all and he has a keen WWI interest.

Secondly, because he staffed the company with modelers and artists who are also passionate about WWI aircraft who want to design and produce accurate and faithful models of the machines that were flown in those days, the aircraft chosen to be made into models are personal choices, if not solely by Sir Peter, then surely he has the most influence on what gets done. And, being that faithfulness to the prototypes are paramount in conjunction with sane and reasonable assembly requirements for the modelers, I'd say their schedules of releases depend on it being ready when it's ready. Really ready for modelers, not because some previously set deadline dependent on purely financial requirements has been set.

Personally, there are enough WWI subjects on the German and Allied sides to keep all of us occupied throughout our productive modeling lives if all were to be finally kitted.

I think WWI is Wingnuts Wings forte and passion, and to stray from it would be disappointing and unnecessary. If there is a market for "inter-war" aircraft, surely another outfit will surface to feed it. I don't think the market is big enough for that however.

That said, I would again put forward my hope that the Fokkers F.1, Dr.1 and D.VIII will someday be produced by our Wingnut Wings nuts.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2014, 05:33:19 AM »

I think WWI is Wingnuts Wings forte and passion, and to stray from it would be disappointing and unnecessary. If there is a market for "inter-war" aircraft, surely another outfit will surface to feed it. I don't think the market is big enough for that however.

[/quote]

Not to accuse anyone being a ...nattering nabob of negativity...  but to give some historical perspective, following Revell's release of the 1/28 Fok D VII, I sent Revell a request that they continue with more  WW I releases of the Alb DV/Va, Se5/5a, Pfalz D-III, Nieuport 28, Fokker E-III and Nieuport 11/17 saying that would give them,with the existing DR I, SPAD and Camel, a "line" of the best known WW I  fighters, creating their own "niche" in the market place with no competition in large scale; their response of March 9, 2000 @07:56:13  was that ..." demand was not in sufficient numbers..."  so no more new kits would be produced... 

Remember the excitement when Roden came out with new 1/32s, then of course WNW. Also it is indeed Sir PJ who makes the decisions.  No one in their right mind ( meaning a company in business to make a profit) would start off a  new line of  1/32 WW I  kits with the Junkers J1 as the First kit, he has the money to make his wishes come true and we are the beneficiaries of his largess. So count nothing out, it would not surprise me if he started an off shoot company of WNW  to produce kits of WWI vehicles and artillery of which he has  the 1:1 scale originals.
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #398 on: October 10, 2014, 02:27:42 AM »
Good point, ace, about Lord Peter...hopefully he does that sooner than later...like an early retirement from making huge budget films and indulges himself fully with his WWI passion...and if he were to do so, it WOULD be tremendous to see vehicles, figures, weapons, diorama stuff in general and as if by some sort of miracle, some crates from Austria-Hungary...ain't nobody got 'em in 1/32...what a turn-up that would be, eh. Like a WNW Phonix DI or II or an Aviatik DI or even more exotically, a Lohner Type L seaplane fighter...pretty cool machines....but I always was good at fantasy.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #399 on: October 10, 2014, 03:51:03 AM »
but I always was good at fantasy.

So is Sir Peter  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #400 on: October 10, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
Yesss, yesss Preciousssss, bring on the Bergsies and the Phoenixies sooner rather than later!

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Hello to all,
So, I just called my old friend Peter and I said, a Breguet XIV, please. He agrees....  ;D ;D ;D
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
After we got the DFW C.V mid and lates, one could guess/expect/demand a DFW C.V early with the blunter nose....

I think the French are sadly underrepresented, so far.

Stefan

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #403 on: October 21, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Ah, yeh, Sir Peter is VERY fond of the idea to have a Breguet XIV - by the way: in french and USAS guise! Same with the DH4 - british and USAS versions ahead. At least that's what he told me last night, when I dreamed of my visit at Wingnut Wings'...  ::)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:24 PM »
ere, no!
My old mate, JackO is keen on bringing out the DR.1  ;) ;D

Please please please, Sir Peter!

Von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith