Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 430125 times)

Offline dr 1 ace

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2014, 07:07:43 AM »

.... they need a big seller next year like the camel (which to me we do need much more than a dr.1) or a dr.1 to make that slam of money next year. again these are only my opinions.

One must recall that WNW is NOT a market driven company, Sir PJ gets what he wants First (who else would make the Junkers J1 the #1 kit in a totally new line of kits) I doubt WNW HAS to make a slam on any one kit... we will get the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry kits when WNW is ready.
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline TimK

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
For Nigel Jackson on 30 January -
The  1/48 resin Taube kit seen in progress at Telford is being developed by Peter Plattner of Wiener Modellbau Manufactur in Austria. A charming guy and an exceptional model maker. His website wmm.at shows more of his work, including his astounding 1/16 Austro Daimler engine.
Tim

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »
Tim, many thanks for this. It was seeing Peter's early resin work on the Taube which made me realise how big an aircraft it was.

There's no sign yet of the Taube on the site, but for those yet to discover it, (wmm.at) there's some lovely things to look at, including some 1/48 Austro-Hungarian aviation figures, beautiful Austro-Hungarian naval work and figures, and the amazing Daimler 120hp engine Tim mentions. It's custom-made but, for me, ferociously expensive.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2014, 02:20:37 AM »
wmm.at makes me drool..........I believe there is a charity named " Steve needs a torpedoboot" Please give generously.....

Steve

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
peter plattner is a great modeller, i have seen alot of his stuff thru the years so a taube scratchbuilt by him would be great, i would buy one, but then i prefer 1/48 i know not a popular thing to say these days. but theres just so much more different stuff in 1/48 that will never be produced in 1/32 .hell if not for wnw we wouldnt even have 20 1/32 ww1 kits right.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2014, 08:20:25 AM »
peter plattner is a great modeller, i have seen alot of his stuff thru the years so a taube scratchbuilt by him would be great, i would buy one, but then i prefer 1/48 i know not a popular thing to say these days. but theres just so much more different stuff in 1/48 that will never be produced in 1/32 .hell if not for wnw we wouldnt even have 20 1/32 ww1 kits right.

You are correct on both accounts and Thank Sir P. J. and his crew !!
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline fullb35

« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2014, 01:17:14 AM »
 Spad XIII
 Breguet 14

Offline oldtrousers

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2014, 02:37:54 AM »
I had not noticed this poll before. I voted for the Roland CII. That would sure be neat in 1/32!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
If I could vote again I would vote for the DH5, It looks very lonely in single digits  :o
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »
Very interesting to see the Roland C.II Walfisch taking the lead with the Halberstadt CL.II not far behind, but what surprises me the most is the RAF BE.2, this is running third at the moment but for an early unattractive aeroplane it is polling very well, I would love to see Wingnuts release a BE.2 sometime this year.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »
Yes, Des, although I am a confessing Walfisch-addict, I do like the BE.2 a lot too and would really like to see it from WnW!

Offline RichO

• Retired Art Director
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2014, 11:17:44 PM »
I too would like to see the be.2, but I hope it's an "a" as apposed to a "c". I really love the look of the earlier versions of most of the aircraft from that era.
OMG, I have finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side, there is nothing left.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »
I'm with you on this one, I also hope it is an "a" version, I really like the earlier aircraft.

The poll is still active for anyone who has not voted yet.

Des.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:05:39 PM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
Hello All

Just to buck the trend I'd prefer the BE.2c to the 'a', but in truth I would be so happy to see either. By way of preparation (hopefully not for a fall) I've recently been acquiring and checking out my BE sources.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Graham t

« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »
Voted for the Dolphin & Walfisch!