Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 424405 times)

Offline Rickenbacker

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »
Not earth-shattering news, but here's the Japanese WnW distributor talking about the Fokker E.I, E.IV, AEG G.IV and Salmson 2A2 coming before the end of the year:

http://youtu.be/8eawP3h-ZZE?t=27m58s

Offline Cirrus

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »
This has been rejected already I believe but a Viper powered SE5A would be very nice indeed (just a few new fuselage parts?)......and a BE2c of course.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
I rather like all the speculation leading up to Christmas.

I have to align myself with petrov27’s comments.  There are some aftermarket additions that are just not amenable to mass market production.  I would include laminated wooden propellers and spoked wheels in this category.  My bet is that we will get special boxed editions with extra decals, photos, cast figures, maybe some medals and extra biographical information about the pilots.

A special edition boxing on par with all the current aftermarket extras, unlikely.  More printed material and battlefield furniture, yes please.

How about a nice little flat-pack, muddy field for my Eindecker.

Happy Landings
Steven
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

mike in calif

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »
I seem to remember reading that the DH-9a had on the order of 200 bits of PE for the Special edition. Can't think of where, but that does seem a lot!

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »
I seem to remember reading that the DH-9a had on the order of 200 bits of PE for the Special edition. Can't think of where, but that does seem a lot!

I also recall reading something similar as to the number of PE bits for the special edition of the Hansa Brandenberg W.29.
Honor Necessity

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »
Back in Feb '13 James Fahey (Jamo) posted these images of PE sets that were advertised quite a few years ago by Wingnuts,

here is the link to the original post   http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=492.120  scroll down the page to read the post by Jamo.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »

I asked them a couple of weeks ago whether it was worth me trying to hunt down an LVG or would they be re releasing one soon - the answer was it will be released with figures and PE but they wouldn't say when..

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »
Wingnuts are very non committal about anything to do with new kits or accessories, they release them when they feel fit and the first we know about it is when we see them on the Wingnuts website as being available, this is just the way they operate their business.

Des.

Offline gcn

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »
As I have 6 unbuilt WNW kits in my stash I take a selfish view and don't mind if there's no releases until mid 2015.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
I have ten unbuilt Wingnut kits sitting in my cupboard at the moment, I will not be starting one of them until I see what is going to be released this year, there are two kits in particular that I am hoping for and if they are released I will be building them first. It is now the 21st October so it could be only a matter of weeks before we know what surprises Wingnuts have for us, you never know, they may spring a real surprise and I will have to build three kits instead of two. Bring them on Wingnuts, the sooner the better  :) :) :)

Des.

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
The Fokker DVII's were available end of November last year. Maybe this might mean we need to wait only four more weeks for some surprises (if they repeat last year's scheme, of course).

Anyway, as so many of our fellow forumites i have a stack that would keep me busy for some years, with or without new WNW kits to buy.

Stefan

If only they would offer a DFW CV...  8)

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 10:43:36 PM »
Last fall there was a release of the Duelist combo kit in late September, followed by the separate E.III and DH2 kits in late October along with the Sopwith Triplane.  The D.VIIs came along in late-November, followed closely by the surprise Hannover.  Sooooo . . . anything's possible at this point.

Perhaps with the early April release of the D.VIIF, WNW is waiting until November this year for he Christmas releases.  In any event, we'll know soon! 

Cheers,

Bob 

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 11:51:52 PM »
Actually ..... I'm quite worried - seeing as I'm now somehow completely addicted to the darn things.

Must at some time soon try and build one, but I'm getting so much from simply "groking" them: How very worrying.
KBO ............. Andi.

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2013, 03:57:33 AM »
Actually ..... I'm quite worried - seeing as I'm now somehow completely addicted to the darn things.

Must at some time soon try and build one, but I'm getting so much from simply "groking" them: How very worrying.

I think they call that "performance anxiety"  ;D

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2013, 04:42:41 AM »
"performance anxiety", that's what I am sufferng from too! :P