Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425673 times)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 06:13:32 AM »
I hope they do the Dr. 1 and Camel as part of another "Duelists" package.  Roy Brown v. Von Richthofen.
Honor Necessity

Offline Procopius

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »
Perhaps a Dr1 and a resin figure set of Australian AA gunners.
"Kill the sods, the Hunnerinoes, at all costs. Anywhere and everywhere!"
-- Major Keith "Grid" Caldwell, 74 (Tiger) Squadron

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
I would like to the BE2c and BE2e.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »
A Be.2a would be excellent.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
This ,of course my opinion/guess.
Known pending releases that will come out for Christmas:
1. AEG
2. Fokker E IV
3. Salmson

As for the Surprise releases:
1.SOPWITH CAMEL ( yes they announced they were working on it but we have seen no Mock ups.)
2. Sopwith Dolphin or Strutter
3. Fokker EV ( The only Fokker not done by a Mainstream ( AVIS not withstanding) Company.

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
Voisin III
Aviatik D.1
Hanriot HD-1/2

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »
Some wonderful ideas and subjects floating around now, and some strong commercially viable contenders among them.

My speculation of possible surprise releases based on TVAL projects is pure supposition but look at the TVAL project list - Fe2B,Albatros D.Va, Fokker D.VII, SE5a, Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Snipe, Sopwith Triplane, RE.8, Bristol F2B.... starts to resemble the WNW catalogue doesn't it?

On that basis a Be2a and Be2c and a Nieuport XI Bebe and the Fokker E.V/ D.VIII would qualify and TVAL was also instrumental in the completion of a flyable DH.5 replica.

With regard to the long-promised WNW figures, my guess is they will appear as part of the much-promised Special Edition kits and in that regard I would not be surprised to see a Special Edition LVG C.VI and/ or a special edition of the Hansa Brandenburg W.29 as surprise releases. Both are OOP and commanding high prices so a special edition with extra PE and decals, figures etc would find a ready market.

The DR.1 and Camel are my pick for Christmas 2014 releases and a "dogfight double" packaging is almost inevitable.

Also, given WNW's love of two seaters a Roland C.II must be a contender for surprise release sometime.

The Mastercard has been oiled in readiness for use soon  :)

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

mike in calif

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
IIRC, the DH-9a is slated for "Special Edition" release also. Given the early war period hopefully (respectfully) observed, a couple of additions to the early war line-up would not be out of place. I'd like to see a SPAD 7 also.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »
It' all been said but for the sake of the WNW staff hanging on to every word we post - EV/DVIII and please oh please a Dr1. The only problem with the latter is if it doesnt come with instructions on how to build a house out of 300 WNW boxes - cuz I'll need somewhere to live after I buy said 300 Dr1's.......

Steve

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »
ok i have to say ANY ww1 aircraft made by wnw would be spectacular, and i would most likely add it to the mound. but cmon guys, a dr.1. honestly one of my favorite aircraft. i have built several in 1/48 and 2 in 1/32(i have 4 in 1/32 unbuilt). i'm not saying theres nothing wrong with it but the roden 1/32 dr.1 is damn decent and makes a sweet fokker tripe. i just think that its more important to kit things that havent been kitted in 1/32 or the present kit just sucks. the avis e.v/d.viii is a good kit too.we dont need one as bad as other things. personally i think it would be more relevant to kit the be2 series if were gonna bet on tval projects. but my personal wishes are for a berg d.1, hansa d.1, phonix d.1or2, a dolphin, a roland c.ii, a breguet xiv, or halberstadt cl ii or iv.personally i dont see a point in releasing the e.1 fokker either, its just too similar to the e.ii.e.iii. ok i sorta see a fokker e.iv but thats still a freakin eindecker. if they wanna do a german monoplane do a taube or a pfalz a.1. just my opinion and of course i would buy a wnw dr.1 but i hope they do that one in 3 to 5 years from now so i can build a few more of these roden/encore ones i have in the stash.

all i'm saying is are we that spoiled that we need a wnw dr.1? all i can say is.....CMON GUYS CMON.  personally the roden kit is a nice little fixer upper of a kit that makes for a fun project. and it looks like a freakin fokker to me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:24:33 PM by ALBATROS1234 »

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
Nieuports! but that is just me. ;)  I think it will be in the surprise dept.,
a Fokker D.1 or E.V, which would make me just as happy.  Now all I have
to do is learn to wait patiently. ;) ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Kreston

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 10:49:09 PM »
I would like to see a Fokker D.II, a Hanriot HD. 1, or a Nieuport 11/16 with rocket options.
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 05:54:53 AM »

Per some of the above comments, Yes, Gotha and Junkers J-1 do not make economical sense but Thanks to Sir PJ  who wanted them, we get them !  Also ditto the list of TVAl projects so we can look forward to the Dolphin and  a  1-1/2 stutter and N.11.  Gotta agree about the DR-I being a ways off, better that "undone" subjects be produced 1st. With an already affinity for 2-seatrs the Halb. and Roland very likely; to add to the already listed Salmson, AEG,  late Dh-9 and Bristol.  Likewise the remaining listed Fok. E's to be done.

As for my guesses a Hanroit and Macchi M-5 as new announcements to add to previously shown " In Developement" kits.
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 06:09:29 AM »
Look, I know that there's absolutely no hope whatsoever and everyone is making super, much more realistic and commercially viable suggestions ... but just humour me. I would love to see a Farman MF.7 Longhorn or the MF.11 Shorthorn. We're covering the first year of warfare here, and so such epic encounters as Mons and the Marne, and the transition from unarmed to armed aircraft.

There. That feels better. Best go and lie down again!

Best wishes
Nigel

I'm with you on those two aircraft, Nigel. Those would be sweet and you can do them in some really cool Belgian markings.

How about an Albatros D.II/D.III?
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline petrov27

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 06:58:16 AM »
I will be one of the oddballs saying I hope they do not do the DrI as we have a good kit of it already and there are still plenty of subjects available that have never been kitted in 1/32 that would be better served. Maybe do it way down the road when most all of the main types have been covered.

My guess for a Christmas surprise is a Halberstadt CLII
-Patrick