Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425544 times)

Offline Doug Mace

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1485 on: October 17, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
And, RAG3, I was glad to see you mention the Albatros C type...an Albatros C.XII would be outstanding...a very sleek ship....but, as you say, a serious long shot.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #1486 on: October 17, 2015, 07:02:13 PM »
Yeup it is approaching that time of year again.

Hopefully WNW will announce their next release(s) in November, ie next month, as that will give enough time for modellers to place an order that they can expect to see before Christmas this year.

Last year, there was not enough time for the deliveries to arrive, even if the order had been placed promptly, allowing for the traditional increase in postal volumes being dealt with in the pre-Christmas rush.

At the end of the day, we will just have to wait and see.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1487 on: October 17, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »
Here's my Bonkers List -- kits I don't think they'll ever make but which I would buy in a snap if they did:

1) SPAD A.2

2)Fokker D.II

3) Sopwith Tabloid

4) Aviatik (Berg) D.I

So bonkers they might actually do it) Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI

Offline drdave

« Reply #1488 on: October 18, 2015, 12:40:54 AM »
3 new books on Hansa Brandenburgs out/ coming. Ronny Bar painting on the cover. Mark ye! The Starstrutter is a tangible possibility.......

Offline ermeio

« Reply #1489 on: October 18, 2015, 06:20:18 AM »
3 new books on Hansa Brandenburgs out/ coming. Ronny Bar painting on the cover. Mark ye! The Starstrutter is a tangible possibility.......

A Starstrutter would be really something to see but the engineering of the "spider web" would be a real challenge!

I was not familiar with the Moraine-Saulnier P, Rick...thanks for introducing me to it. Funny looking bird.....looks to me like some cobbled together a bunch of Allied and Central Powers kits from his shelf of doom.

As for the Stakken....I believe it was said that the Lord of the Rings could not be successfully transferred from a read format into a visual format and Sir Peter took that as a challenge. So, how's this:

"I don't think the Zeppelin-Stakken R. VI can be made into a 1/32 kit, Sir Peter".

I think that a postwar DH 9 and another postwar F 2 B are on the way, then we will have the Starstrutter in November, plus some other fighter (E V or D VI) then a big bomber (Vimy, DH 10 or Caproni?)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1490 on: October 18, 2015, 06:27:42 AM »
My word, this wish list is getting very ambitious, there are some extremely unique and unusual aircraft being wished for and all have a place in history, we certainly would be a spoiled bunch of happy little vegemites if all our wishes came true.

Des.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:17:06 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #1491 on: October 18, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »
Well, I am not ambitious (would love to see some of them though...)
but we have had a lot of British and German planes and it would offcourse make sense to complete the series with kits like the Dolphin, Tabloid and others.. I would like to see some of the other players.
Therefore, I would like to see something (anything really) French or Italian or maybe even Russian.

Offline Oeli

« Reply #1492 on: October 19, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »
Hi,

I think you're right, the other nations are hardly considered.
They have really great aircraft, where it is well worth it as a model to produce.

For example

Spad S XIII   French

Macchi M5    italia

Anatra D      Russia

kindly regards

Jörg

Normality is a beautiful paved road, but it grow no flowers on her.

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #1493 on: October 19, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »
Still in here with a fore lorn hope for a Berg D. I.  How can a plane with great hex camo, quirky outline and great individual markings get such little love from WNW?
It's a sad world indeed.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #1494 on: October 19, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
yep berg d.1 needs a wnw kit. there are existing examples to study and the limitless colorschemes make you smack your lips.said it before.but i just want something that doesnt already have a 1/32 kit available. so if its a spad a2/a4 sounds good. if its a fokker an early d series sounds good to me. i would kinda like a hanriot hd.1 though. a s well as a starstrutter, an albatros c.1 or ant c series albie. a breguet 14  would be tits. we shall see soon.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1495 on: October 19, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
Time is now ticking for Wingnuts to release their kits before Christmas, that is of course if they are going to release any kits. Mid November is my guess when the announcement will be made, come on BE.2 :) :) :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #1496 on: October 19, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »
My take on the whole Wingnuts & Christmas release thing is this- each year they leave it so late & close to the postal cutoff dates in NZ that it becomes frustrating/ impossible to plan a Christmas kit buy that you can bank on receiving by Christmas. Irrespective of whether we make it right away or not the whole point of a Christmas surprise is/ should be something we can reasonably hope/ expect to have in our hands by Christmas.

Also by the time mid December rolls around most of us have our Christmas spending sorted out, and wives/ partners who say they will get us a Wingnuts kit for Christmas have diminishing patience if its mid December and we can't make up our damned minds ( because we still don't know what WNW are releasing).

Sometimes WNW's obsessive secrecy works against them and Christmas releases are, to me, a good example of this. Early November is the optimum time for new kits, but let's see how close to Christmas they go this year,.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1497 on: October 20, 2015, 12:33:23 AM »
Here in the US mine show up on my doorstep every Christmas Eve, it's freaking glorious!  It's like being a kid again.....

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #1498 on: October 20, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »
If I were a bookie, I would bet on the BE2e.  But usually the WNW winter surprise is usually something completely different.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #1499 on: October 20, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »
My take on the whole Wingnuts & Christmas release thing is this- each year they leave it so late & close to the postal cutoff dates in NZ that it becomes frustrating/ impossible to plan a Christmas kit buy that you can bank on receiving by Christmas. Irrespective of whether we make it right away or not the whole point of a Christmas surprise is/ should be something we can reasonably hope/ expect to have in our hands by Christmas.

Also by the time mid December rolls around most of us have our Christmas spending sorted out, and wives/ partners who say they will get us a Wingnuts kit for Christmas have diminishing patience if its mid December and we can't make up our damned minds ( because we still don't know what WNW are releasing).

Sometimes WNW's obsessive secrecy works against them and Christmas releases are, to me, a good example of this. Early November is the optimum time for new kits, but let's see how close to Christmas they go this year,.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Never a truer word said plus relying on the overstreched parcel service that shall remain nameless here in the UK has meant at least 2 WNW Xmas Presents for me arriving in January which spoils the excitement a little.

So this year I decided to do something a little different and got the Junkers J.1  ordered for me.  I know I'll have it for Xmas and I wont be lamenting not getting it when it suddenly vanishes from stock. What and if WNW releases before Xmas can wait till another day without the *Will it.... Won't it... Get here?* anguish..I'm too old for that these days  ;)

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo