Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429664 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1455 on: October 16, 2015, 04:01:10 AM »
I like Bo's choices, but have to agree with my amigo, Rick, for all the reasons he stated.  Also, the Strutter offers so many options.  I also believe any of the BE's are strong contenders.  All that aside, I think I'll have to put my money on RWinters' choices.  He always seems to get everything he wishes for.  He wished for the Hannover and the Roland C.II and got 'em.  Pretty good track record, I'd say.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1456 on: October 16, 2015, 04:44:08 AM »
Have to agree that the Sopwith Strutter is a very good possibility. That should've been on my list. Fits the bill on every count.

A Dolphin wouldn't surprise me too much, but I'll go on record betting against the Fokker E.V/D.VIII -- so far the WNW catalog emphasizes types that were really used on the WF; the D.VIII barely gets an asterisk on that score. Actually I think the earlier D.II and/or D.III are more likely.

It's fun to blindly speculate :)

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2015, 05:58:56 AM »
I think I'll have to put my money on RWinters' choices.  He always seems to get everything he wishes for.  He wished for the Hannover and the Roland C.II and got 'em.  Pretty good track record, I'd say.

Hahaha, Bud, I never thought of my luck until I read your post! (Although I was more than happy when WnW released the Hannover and the Roland C.II!) There are so many more Great War's planes, I'd love to see produced by WnW or in WnW's quality, many of them were mentioned in the postings above, and many more I can fancy, especially from the "other" fronts - Russian, Italian Austro-Hungarian... (just dreaming..)
But - no matter what - I am looking foreward to WnW's next CS!

Richard

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2015, 06:47:50 AM »
All the aircraft listed above are great choices and would make excellent models, but my money is still on a BE.2.  I would love to see a BE.2a as used by the Australian Flying Corps and was one of their main training aircraft at Point Cook in Victoria, this is the aircraft I would really like to model. If WnW release the more popular BE.2c I will have to do some modifications, but this is all in the fun of modeling.

Des.

PS. A new Camel from Wingnuts does not interest me at all, I am extremely happy with the way my Academy Camel turned out, took some work but it ended up being a very nice model.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #1459 on: October 16, 2015, 07:43:23 AM »
I would take anything, what WNW produced. Obviously, if it caught my interest  ;D
But in the matter of fact I would like to see any WW1 aircraft kitted, which served in Polish markings after the war.
And if I were to make a Christmas wish, my very short letter to Santa Claus would say just this - Friedrichshafen FF.33E.
Santa Claus, eeeh, i.e. Peter Jackson, do you copy?
On the other hand, if the WNW Christmas releases line this year does not include anything of interest for me, I will not despair. I still have enough kits for 6-10 months modelling, including the WNW Snipe and SE5a.
In any case - I am happy to let them surprise me!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »
Prze said: "I would take anything, what WNW produced".....except an AEG.

If it caught my interest - I have said, too  ;)  AEG failed a lot in this  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #1461 on: October 16, 2015, 08:18:40 AM »
Ha - wishlist time again:

1. Halb Cl2
2. Halb Cl4
3. Hanriot HD1

'course I'd be in for new SPADs, DrI, Nieuport 17s etc. as well but not so critical as there are already kits out there....
-Patrick

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1462 on: October 16, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »
I'll take anything at all - I'm nice like that - but would prefer just the one engine this time. Please.

I agree that single engine would be preferable. As a matter of fact it has been a while since a single seater has been issued! Another reason to suspect a Dolphin, Fokker EV, or....
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1463 on: October 16, 2015, 09:05:06 AM »

George said:  "I'd like a real surprise at Christmas"......if you went to the hospital for a simple procedure and came home as Georgina you wouldn't be the only one who was surprised.

Trust me, Michael, no one wants to see that. I won't be following in Bruce, er, Caitlin Jenner's footsteps. But this seems to be a common theme for you. Are you trying to tell us something? :o

George

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #1464 on: October 16, 2015, 09:34:51 AM »
I'd like to see:

Hanriot HD.1
Phonix D.II
Breguet 14

Mike

Offline Derrick

« Reply #1465 on: October 16, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »
It will be a Fokker DVIII as I just received the Falcon Vacuform kit

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #1466 on: October 16, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »
Hello fellow modellers!!! ;)

Lets add something to this topic once it has been brought back to live after while :)

I'm with Bo on Halberstadt and with Des on BE.2... and I really like the idea of having Albatros D.III or Fokker E.V...

According to surprises - I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any surprise at all since those surprises are no longer surprises (apart from knowing the type :D ). 2014 was such a big year for WNW - I believe it was 9 boxes??? And we are talking about 9 high quality, collectable kits... who else does that? So I'm guessing they slowed things down a bit to clear some shelfs in warehouse for future :D
But hey, whatever they have for us Im sure it will be damn exciting!!! ;)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #1467 on: October 16, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
I've just run the numbers using AET*, and the surprise kit this year will be a DH4. Think of it: they've got sprues for the Liberty from the Ninak (another fave), and now they have RR Eagle sprues from the Felix. TVAL flew their DH4 earlier this year meaning that WNW had full access to drawings, measurements, and structures before cover.

I'm so sure that I propose a wager. If I win, I buy it, and if I lose, I buy the Halberstadt CL I I that Bo prognosticates.

Lindsay

*Anal Extraction Theory

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1468 on: October 16, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
Actually, although I'd love to see most of the kits suggested here, I already have more than I can handle at my glacial building speed. I am planning on buying the Camel, and if they come up with something I like, I'll most likely buy it too,  but I really don't know why at this point. I never wanted to become one of those stash hoarders, but WnWs has corrupted me!

So, I guess whatever they do is fine with me...

George

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1469 on: October 16, 2015, 04:55:07 PM »
3 wings and a rotary engine. I don't want much  8)

Make it happen, JackO!

vOn TripeofDelight

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith