Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429723 times)

Offline Umlaufmotor

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1440 on: August 10, 2015, 06:54:36 AM »
Brett, please allow me a question:
Do you have to build the model strictly out of box, or you have a little bit "freedoms"?

Offline Spearhead

« Reply #1441 on: August 10, 2015, 06:55:06 AM »
The guys I feel for are the guys who build the display models for their website.

They must be on some sort of deadline presumably and they are not exactly the sort of things you can rush? :)

Yes we are given deadlines, mine have varied from 4 weeks to 3 months. Sometimes I do feel I have rushed it and haven't done the the model justice.

Brett

Thank you for your response, Brett. I think this is the first time someone on the inside of WNW has responded directly on this speculation thread. (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong about that  ::))

By the way, very nice HB W.12!

George

Thanks George
But I'm not on the inside Of WNW, I have no knowledge of anything happening. I'm just lucky enough to have been asked to build a new release every so often in my spare time.

Brett

Offline Spearhead

« Reply #1442 on: August 10, 2015, 06:57:57 AM »
Brett, please allow me a question:
Do you have to build the model strictly out of box, or you have a little bit "freedoms"?

Strictly out of the box

Brett

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #1443 on: August 10, 2015, 07:02:15 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Brett  :)

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1444 on: October 16, 2015, 12:13:32 AM »
No , Michael, no newer news as far as I know. But I am glad that this thread is being spun on again...!
By the way, my WnW speculation is that this year's Christmas surprise will be the post-war Ninack.
Richard

Offline Kreston

« Reply #1445 on: October 16, 2015, 01:01:03 AM »
I wonder if the release of the Camel in 2016 will coincide with the end of free shipping?
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1446 on: October 16, 2015, 01:05:32 AM »
I hope they have something better up their sleeves than the post war Ninak that has been on the site "In Development" for ages. I guess it's just like the post war Bristol. They're trying to clear their plates of unfinished promises. But I'd like a real surprise at Christmas.

George
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:35:57 AM by Pgtaylorart »

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1447 on: October 16, 2015, 01:19:24 AM »
I am ready for a real surprise......

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1448 on: October 16, 2015, 01:31:32 AM »
I would be best surprised by the following:

DH.4 (Rolls Royce), British guise
DH.4 (Liberty engine), USAS guise
Breguet XIVb, USAS and french
SE.5a (Viper engine), USAS
SPAD XIII, USAS

That's already it! Thank you for listening (whom ever it may concern)!
Richard

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1449 on: October 16, 2015, 01:35:33 AM »
As I've said before, a Friedrichshafen G.III would be the greatest surprise ever. After all, they did release the Felixstowe last Christmas. My guess though, the Christmas release will be the Camel.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1450 on: October 16, 2015, 01:35:42 AM »
Have I missed something? Other than the reboxing with new decals, has anything new actually been released since the Felixstowe? Don't get me wrong.....that was some release, especially flowing so closely on the AEG and W.12,  and the news of the Camel is exciting, but has there actually been a new kit in 2015?

Michael

Your chronology is a little mixed up, but I get your point.

Just to keep things straight here: The AEGs were released in Feb 2015. The Felixes and the W.12 were Dec 2014. The post war Bristol was Sept 2015.

The official announcement has the Camel appearing in 2016. Traditionally there has been a Christmas surprise (or two.) The last few have more or less come straight out of left field.

Maybe the lull means the deluxe boxings are finally imminent?

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1451 on: October 16, 2015, 01:40:58 AM »
Yeah, I thought the AEGs were the last big surprise, not the Felixstowes. I'm still hoping for something new, not just the reboxings and dualist kits.

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1452 on: October 16, 2015, 01:44:09 AM »
Yeah, I thought the AEGs were the last big surprise, not the Felixstowes. I'm still hoping for something new, not just the reboxings and dualist kits.

I don't think the A.E.G. was that big of a surprise as they were announced at least a year before they were released if I remember correctly. The Felixstowe, in my opinion, was their biggest surprise as I don't think anyone saw it coming or ever thought Wingnut would do one. Just my two cents...
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1453 on: October 16, 2015, 03:00:11 AM »
You are right James, the Felix (and W.12) were the Christmas Surprises last year. The AEG release date was announced ahead of time and was long publicized as in development.

My bets for the CS this year follow. I think it will be a large kit; probably two seater, as that been the tradition, and expect it will be a Western Front type like every other WNW release so far. In my order of likelihood:

1) Halberstadt CL.II

This Western Front 2-seat / fighter / ground attack workhorse has, AFAIK, never been kitted in 1/32, at least in injection molded form. A great shape and many colorful Schlasta markings make the appeal of this kit a no-brainer. Sooner or later WNW has to produce one, right?

2) Breguet Br.XIV B2

This would make a nice companion to the Salmson, another important type that hasn't been kitted in 1/32. A big brute of an airplane with lots of cool marking options.

3) Vickers F.B.5 Gunbus

It's been awhile since WNW has released a pusher. This would help round out the early war combatants, the first true operational fighter and one of the few opponents for the Fokker scourge at its height. Appeal? All those wires!

Long Shot) Armstrong Whitworth FK.8

A lesser known RFC type,  overshadowed by the RE.8, but important nonetheless. Not the prettiest bird, but a mind boggling array of variants add interest and appeal to this kit. This would be the kind of out-of-left-field, yet still within the wheelhouse, kit that only WNW would drop.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #1454 on: October 16, 2015, 03:52:13 AM »
Bo, I can't argue with your reasoning and choices. On the other hand My guesses remain a little different:
1. Sopwith Dolphin. Three reasons. A. WNW denied having one in development. B. It would sort of round out the Sopwith Fighter collection.
 C. There is one in Sir PJs collection of replicas.
2. Fokker EV/DVIII: Three reasons also: A. The only Major Fokker Type not currently being produced by anyone in 1/32nd. B. It is popular beyond its War Time importance. C. Same as above.
3. My Long shot for a two seater is the Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter or an Albatros C type.

Probably going to be all wrong on all counts but... one never knows. If they go BIG again like the Felix,  I have no Idea  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler