Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425784 times)

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1425 on: August 06, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »
As I said before, it's going to be a Canuck! Why? Because I'm trying to scratch-build one.

Pietro

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1426 on: August 06, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »
As I said before, it's going to be a Canuck! Why? Because I'm trying to scratch-build one.

Pietro

Pietro, your scratch builds are so nice you don't need Wingnuts!  Just keep doing what you are doing. :)

George

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1427 on: August 06, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
They go like this just before a big release, they are probably busy boxing up all the new kits in preparation for a fanfare release.

Des.

Well, it's my birthday on 12 August. That must be what they're waiting for. How kind!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline eclarson

« Reply #1428 on: August 07, 2015, 04:40:29 AM »

Here's a spy photo from a very reliable source of what the WNW employees are doing now:

;) ;D ;D
George

LOL!  Good one George.   ;D

Eric

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
« Reply #1429 on: August 07, 2015, 05:00:20 AM »
Thank you, George. That's very gratifying coming from a Master such as you.

Pietro

Offline Beto

« Reply #1430 on: August 07, 2015, 10:35:07 AM »
Well, were all expecting a Camel (or two), no surprise but what's the "shocker", if any, going to be?? They are far from done, IMHO! :o 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Criswell predicts (have you seen Ed Wood?) it will be German, have three wings, and one of the color options will have some red paint... good for a "duelists" box set.

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #1431 on: August 09, 2015, 01:17:33 AM »
If they match up the blanks on the right handside of their "kit sets" with the releases on the left hand side, I reckon there are another ten releases to go.

If you allow for a Fokker Triplane,Sopwith Camel ,Late Brisfit, and maybe a "duellist", then there may be another six kits yet to be revealed?

Purely speculation on my part of course... ;) ::)

mike in calif

« Reply #1432 on: August 09, 2015, 01:48:13 AM »
Dave,
 Unless they are the six floating around in my head, I'll be wanting more than six; don't forget the late Ninack as well. Some brilliant paint schemes. An F.1 Camel, a 2F.1 Camel, and with a sprue for the Le Prieur rockets would suit me just fine.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #1433 on: August 09, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »
They have added a new PDF catalogue
Moreover the resin figures now have their section and are "in development"
You have no trace of the Oop kits.

Something is boiling...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1434 on: August 09, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
All the OOP kits are still listed on the Wingnuts site, and the 'in development' sign has been displayed on the resin figures page for neary 5 years now, so it appears nothing has changed. But, something is brewing over at Wingnuts, we can expect a few new releases soon, I think we will be in for a surprise, or two  ;) ;) :D

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #1435 on: August 09, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
i think we have a hansa w.12 "mid" or "late" coming soon since they only gave us an "early" last year.

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #1436 on: August 09, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »
The guys I feel for are the guys who build the display models for their website.

They must be on some sort of deadline presumably and they are not exactly the sort of things you can rush? :)

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #1437 on: August 10, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »
All the OOP kits are still listed on the Wingnuts site, and the 'in development' sign has been displayed on the resin figures page for neary 5 years now, so it appears nothing has changed. But, something is brewing over at Wingnuts, we can expect a few new releases soon, I think we will be in for a surprise, or two  ;) ;) :D

Des.
BE2, Des...I can smell it.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Spearhead

« Reply #1438 on: August 10, 2015, 06:21:52 AM »
The guys I feel for are the guys who build the display models for their website.

They must be on some sort of deadline presumably and they are not exactly the sort of things you can rush? :)

Yes we are given deadlines, mine have varied from 4 weeks to 3 months. Sometimes I do feel I have rushed it and haven't done the the model justice.

Brett

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1439 on: August 10, 2015, 06:43:44 AM »

Yes we are given deadlines, mine have varied from 4 weeks to 3 months. Sometimes I do feel I have rushed it and haven't done the the model justice.

Brett

Thank you for your response, Brett. I think this is the first time someone on the inside of WNW has responded directly on this speculation thread. (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong about that  ::))

By the way, very nice HB W.12!

George