Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425549 times)

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1320 on: July 01, 2015, 03:33:10 AM »
Michael, you started some very good discussion on this and the the other thread where you originally posed your question. We all have different views and opinions, but it has been a good discussion. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

George

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #1321 on: July 02, 2015, 11:21:27 AM »
this is in response to the hope for a wright flyer. whereas it would be neat to have a good quality kit of this craft i dont think wnw will make one. they only do ww1. the wright flyer is 11 years before ww1 so i seriously doubt that would be in the cards. there were actually quite a few wright designs that continued to be refined for some years but they wright were stuck more on trying to legally tie the hands of glenn curtiss with copyright infringements more than trying to improve their technology in a substantial way. therefore they whithered on the vine and ultimately failed as aircraft manufacturers. i have some plans for a few of the wright craft i think a model a and b maybe a military flyer, obtined from ww1 aero.

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
« Reply #1322 on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »
I love all you guys (and the girl) on this forum. But I gotta keep plugging on this JN-4 Canuck before WNW releases their kit of it.I've got to learn how to post pictures of the progress of the build. And the other stuff too; scratch-built Albatross W-4 and the Curtiss A-1 trident all 1/32 scale. However, I think Des did a better job on his ,though, I built mine in 2011 for the 100th anniversary of U.S. Aviation for a contest at Fort Worden, Washington state.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #1323 on: July 17, 2015, 06:08:26 AM »
would like to see your work pietro.

Offline pietro

• What?! Are you kidding?!
« Reply #1324 on: July 18, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
albatros1234, thank you very much. I'm pretty sure my model skills are not on the same level as others on this forum. But, I gotta tell you, I'm sure having fun! God is great, bourbon is good and I highly recommend retirement to anyone who can afford it.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1325 on: July 18, 2015, 10:58:07 PM »
Please , share your work with us . Every one is welcomed here no matter what your skill level is . It's all about having fun and enjoy what you are doing  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1326 on: July 18, 2015, 11:09:13 PM »
Pietro, like the others, I would love to see your work. Also remember we are usually our own worst critics. All are welcomed to share and will receive positive feedback! Now back to speculation. I still think the Dolphin and Strutter will eventually appear. I also would Love to see the WNW treatment on a Fokker DVIII!  A SPAD XIII and SPAD XI would be nice also.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1327 on: July 19, 2015, 07:27:02 AM »
I may have mentioned this once or twice before - A BE.2 PLEASE -     thankyou, I will not repeat myself again  :) ;)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline boggie

« Reply #1328 on: July 19, 2015, 12:01:01 PM »
A BE.2 would be nice! Must be a good chance as TVAL has one, don't they?
Though it has been some time since Wingnutter Command released a single seater. The most recent new type being the Snipe
in June 13 I think. Perhaps there is hope yet for our Noop and Hanriot enthusiasts.  ;D
Which is me too.  :)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1329 on: July 19, 2015, 12:33:56 PM »
Michael, you just never know, Wingnuts are renowned for dropping surprises on us.

Boggie, I think the next single seater will be the Sopwith Camel, it has ben a much anticipated kit for many years, there could also be a surprise to go with it.

But a BE.2 would be the cherry on the cake  :) :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1330 on: July 19, 2015, 01:15:24 PM »
I would really like to see a FE-8  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline boggie

« Reply #1331 on: July 19, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
Hi Des. I am a Camel fan and would like it to be released next. But as you say, the BE as the surprise would be great.  Elegant, fragile and charismatic all at the same time.
To me the epitomy of the early warplane that really wasn't, but did it anyway. Gotta be happy with a couple of those!  :)

Offline KiwiResin

« Reply #1332 on: July 19, 2015, 03:27:10 PM »
I would really like to see a FE-8  :)

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............. maybe not from Wingnut, but.... maybe...-

Terri

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1333 on: July 20, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
A BE.2 would be nice! Must be a good chance as TVAL has one, don't they?
They've restored an F and built two Es, two Cs and a BE.12 so they definitely have the reference material!

Though it has been some time since Wingnutter Command released a single seater. (...) Perhaps there is hope yet for our Noop and Hanriot enthusiasts.

TVAL has an airworthy, original HD.1 and a handful of Nieuport replicas, too...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:58:50 AM by KiwiZac »

Offline boggie

« Reply #1334 on: July 20, 2015, 09:52:26 AM »
Hi Zac. Many thanks for the info. Hope it's not too long before the next unveiling.  :)