Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 431170 times)

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2280 on: October 11, 2017, 09:26:23 PM »
I may have said this once or twice before, but I would love to see either a BE.2 or an Avro 504.

Des.

The B.E.2 must have been one of the most common aeroplanes of the war. Not glamorous, like the various fighters but essential. If you view the role of aeroplanes as intelligence gathering, artillery support and random harassment, these dull aeroplanes were vital.

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Online macsporran

« Reply #2281 on: October 11, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
Here you go, an Avro 504 with teeth - Foster Mounted Lewis Gun on an Avro 504 Night Fighter.

That's not teeth! That's a tooth!
These are teeth. :)
(Or maybe an old denture, giving how long ago I made this!)

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2282 on: October 11, 2017, 11:52:47 PM »
I'd be in for an Avro 504, too - with or within teeth! Albeit a BE.2 would fit into my stash well, too...

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2283 on: October 12, 2017, 12:39:58 AM »
Anything would be good for me, but a late HB W.12 with the wing radiator would not be that difficult to do from the current W.12

Online James

« Reply #2284 on: October 12, 2017, 12:54:45 AM »
Anything would be good for me, but a late HB W.12 with the wing radiator would not be that difficult to do from the current W.12
[/quote
I could see them doing one considering they've done early and late versions on a few of their kits.

A Be2 would be cool especially in markings of a pilot/pilots that shot down a Zeppelin in one.]
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2285 on: October 12, 2017, 01:57:30 AM »
Waitress! I have the same as the sir over there, a Be2c please. AND a Halberstadt D scout as main menu. Something French would taste fine as well, a Caudron or a Voisin. And please don't forget my Halberstadt Cl II and IV. That's it for the moment.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2286 on: October 12, 2017, 03:04:39 AM »
Waitress! I have the same as the sir over there, a Be2c please. AND a Halberstadt D scout as main menu. Something French would taste fine as well, a Caudron or a Voisin. And please don't forget my Halberstadt Cl II and IV. That's it for the moment.
Borsos

Same here. And a Caproni Ca.3 with it. Thank you.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2287 on: October 12, 2017, 06:32:42 AM »
If Wingnuts are contemplating another large multi engined bomber put me down for the Caproni Ca.3 as well.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #2288 on: October 13, 2017, 05:00:45 AM »
[/quote
I could see them doing one considering they've done early and late versions on a few of their kits.

A Be2 would be cool especially in markings of a pilot/pilots that shot down a Zeppelin in one.]
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        How about the BE2c night fighter that Leefe Robinson VC was flying when he knocked down Shutte-Lanz SL11 over Hertforshire early one September morn in 1916? That'd be QUITE cool.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #2289 on: October 13, 2017, 05:35:36 AM »
Like last year, I'm still waiting for that SPAD XIII :)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2290 on: October 13, 2017, 07:04:54 AM »
Way back on page 1 on the 2nd October 2013 I wished for a BE.2 and here I am still waiting  ??? ???

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online James

« Reply #2291 on: October 13, 2017, 07:08:27 AM »
Way back on page 1 on the 2nd October 2013 I wished for a BE.2 and here I am still waiting  ??? ???

Des.

I'm sure they will do one, Des. When is anyone's guess.

Myself, I'm wishing for a Friedrichshafen G.III, Caproni Ca.3, Voisin, or Farman.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #2292 on: October 13, 2017, 07:10:01 AM »

Des.

Did you close your eyes and click your heels together?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2293 on: October 13, 2017, 08:10:34 AM »
And I am waiting for FF33. But I can go on waiting for one more year. I still have four kits, including the large AEG, to build. Just enough for one year. So, please, a FF33 for Christmas 2018  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2294 on: October 14, 2017, 02:32:33 PM »
I think that is a very elitist attitude, Saying it's "real" modelling, that's a load of crap in my opinion.  I will point out there not a 150 page thread on Roden speculation.  For me "real" modelling is smart modelling.  I don't want to spend my time trying to polish a turd into something decent.  If you enjoy working on sub par kits that is your gig and I'll stand behind you in doing so but calling it "real" is an insult to anyone who makes models.  This is a hobby, to me it's my artwork that I do for relaxation. I don't need to prove anything to anyone.  I don't do it to brag that I built some old kit, but I'm not much of a boaster or showboater anyhow.  I'm not going to go back and build the old Hasegawa 1/32 Me 262 from the 60's to prove something....no I'l go buy the good one from Trumpeter and build a nice kit.   All I stated is that Roden kits are mediocre at best....I don't think anyone can disagree. Back to the topic, I'll wait for a good Fokker Dr.1, that's what I would like to see......

Be very very careful, this comment is boardering on personal abuse and will not be tolerated on this forum regardless of who you think you are.

This topic will now get back on track.

Des.

I don't think I'm anyone, just someone with an opinion.  Just like everyone else here.  If your opinion is building Roden Kits is real modeling my opinion is that is not.  Same thing as you, just don't agree.  If it's abuse, I certainly didn't fire the first shot, that was you....

Getting back on track, why not beg Roden to make the kits you want?  Why , because they would suck.....