Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Camel N6377  (Read 6192 times)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: Eduard 1/48 Camel N6377
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »
Great start Fredrik!  Very nice work on the cockpit.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Online FAf

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 07:51:07 AM »
Thank you Rick, Alexis, KiwiZac and Ernie!

More work done and the fuselage is closed.
Some internal rigging done. No drilling, just some 2 mm brass tubing from Bob's Buckles and fishing line painted with Vallejo Steel and everything superglued into place.

Then there were those caps. Whenever Frank shows his work, and alot of others too, it always looks nice and clean... this, not so.much! 😀 But I'm quite happy with it after paint and in place. But please ignore all those dust particles. I'll have take care of them later, and the camera tends to exaggerate them a bit.

After that it was time to close the fuselage. At this point you're beginning to see how little that will be visible of the innards, but we all know it's there.

Eduard tells you not to glue the seat and tank frame or the IP to both sides of the fuselage. That is because you need to be able to flex the front end open a bit in order to insert the firewall and fuselage bottom. Works like a charm though, even if I managed to get a bit of a fingerprint onto the bottom part.

And with the top placed, but not glued, in position. Next step... probably preparing wings and control surfaces for rigging.

/Fredrik

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 08:23:58 AM »
Such detailed work, Fredrik. Your skills at 1/48 really are something to inspire us! Excellent progress indeed.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2021, 01:51:53 AM »
Terrific progress Fredrik! Your interior looks great in the closed up fuselage. Also very nice filler caps!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2021, 06:39:00 AM »
Again I forgot the scale before looking at the photos, thinking I was looking at a a terrific 1/32 build! I second the call on the filler caps: every (fraction of) an inch as good as any others I've seen on here.
Zac in NZ

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2021, 06:12:40 PM »
Really great work and all these nice additions and extras. Really great craftsmanship.
Bye,Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 02:31:46 AM »
Fredrik , really nice clean work on the details . Fantastic job on the wood paneling as well , sharp looking !!!

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 02:41:27 AM »
Yep, very nice so far!

As we talked about the panel fasteners on my Aviatik:
Do you removed all fasteners on the oval panel?
Eduard mould them very nicely, but I lost nearly half of them during transport on my kit >:(
So I think I will remove the rest too and replace all by brass wire (don't need to be painted).

The sprue E has a bad quality, so the face of the cowling do not show the riveted ring, I will show pictures later.

Cheers,
Frank

Online FAf

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2021, 07:37:28 AM »
Well, thank you all for your comments and interest in my humble efforts!

Gary; you and so many others (among them all those below) inspire me, so it's only fair if I try to inspire others. Great to know that some is, too.

Terrific progress Fredrik! Your interior looks great in the closed up fuselage. Also very nice filler caps!
RAGIII

Well, the interior is there at least... With a torch and a mirror someone might catch a glimpse. 😃 For the filler caps, see below.

Zac; Those filler caps I'm actually really happy with. Simple work but something that actually will be quite visible in the end.

Manni and Alexis; thanks!
/F

Online FAf

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2021, 07:42:28 AM »
Yep, very nice so far!

As we talked about the panel fasteners on my Aviatik:
Do you removed all fasteners on the oval panel?
Eduard mould them very nicely, but I lost nearly half of them during transport on my kit >:(
So I think I will remove the rest too and replace all by brass wire (don't need to be painted).

The sprue E has a bad quality, so the face of the cowling do not show the riveted ring, I will show pictures later.

Cheers,
Frank

I'm sorry Frank, but I don't really follow... what fasteners on what panel? Do you have photo of your part or a part number?!

My E sprues are also a bit short shot. Luckily for me it only shows on the outermost part where the propeller goes. You can actually see that if you scroll up to the engine pic. I guess Eduard would replace them if you asked them.
/Fredrik

Offline DaveB

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2021, 07:08:42 PM »
Stunning work, Fredrik -

Love your painted wooden panels

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2021, 10:22:14 AM »
Very, very nice Fredrik! I am also a fan of your wood paneling.
A really enjoyable build to follow.  Well done!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 08:03:40 PM »
Yes, me too, having a WNW Camel mostly cleaned up from the sprues I can see Eduard took more than a cursory look at that, too :)
I really should get back to my Camel...

Bughunter

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2021, 10:27:46 PM »
Sorry for the late answer.

I'm sorry Frank, but I don't really follow... what fasteners on what panel? Do you have photo of your part or a part number?!
Here are my fuselage, with 3 fasteners on the oval panel lost in package. the upper left one in pic is already broken.

On a picture of James Fahey (recently posted link here in the forum) you can see them on the original Camel:

Cheers,
Frank

Online FAf

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2021, 07:48:17 PM »
Interesting Frank! I had a look at my six fuselage halves and none of them had your kind of "large" fastners.

Not a new picture, but it shows "my" fastners. They are very small and almost invisible, but they don't seem to be broken in any way.

Anyway - I think your idea with copper wire replacements is a good one in any case. I'll probably do that myself.

Dave, Ernie and Jeroen - thanks for your appreciation and the wood is very simply Gunze H310 (I think) and Winsor&Newton Burn Sienna. Anyone can do that, I'm sure.

Cheers!
/Fredrik