Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Camel N6377  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Eduard 1/48 Camel N6377
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2022, 01:07:51 PM »
Fantastic results so far Fredrik !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2022, 06:53:23 PM »
Great work all around. Fine interior, nice touch on the pump, too. Looking forward to see it completed!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2022, 11:09:20 PM »
Wonderful work, Fredrik. The scheme looks great and the tiny details you have added are the cherry on top.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Monty

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2022, 05:23:37 AM »
Lovely inspirational work on this one, Fredrik! The colour sheme is just lovely and beautifully done... ATB, Marc.

Offline FAf

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2022, 07:51:14 AM »
Thanks for looking in -  and a special thanks to KiwiZac, Rick, Ken, Frank (fantastic progress on your Camel!), Dave, Alexis, PrzemoL, Manni and Marc for your comments and support!

Covid variant Omicron is running wild in Sweden at the moment (luckily with limited effects on life and health so far), so no build meeting last Saturday and with hindsight I would have had a difficult time to finish this build until that meeting anyway. It's still not quite finished, but getting there...

You know that feeling when everything you've prepared just falls into place?! Well, if there is a kit where this could happen, this is it! This is a fantastic kit that you can't go wrong with - unless you try to be clever and add details that later on clash with Eduard's perfectly sound instructions...  ::) One part which really wows is the top deck. Over in his Camel thread Frank mentions that is just clicks into place and it sure does.

If you remember from earlier on, I added a bit of PC in order to run the control lines through. Good idea, but it did obstruct the sturdy rear locating pins that ensure the wing attaches properly. It's been sorted using a pair of brass pins and superglue. Rigging has been started as well.

Top deck and engine cowl in place but no glue used in this picture. The next pic shows both installed properly and with the machine guns in place as well. And then the bottom wing have been added.

Top wing added and it looks all lined up to my eye. Not the simplest of tasks even with this model, but not difficult either.

Main rigging completed and now it’s just control cables for ailerons, elevators and rudder left…

Take care!
/Fredrik

Offline DaveB

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2022, 08:15:58 PM »
What a wonderful job, Fredrik -

Taking shape nicely and the markings are very eye catching.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Bughunter

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2022, 11:25:09 PM »
Fredrik, your Camel looks nice and you really made good progress!

But what about your cowling? ???
I think you have not sanded the seam in the middle of the cowling.
The manual states that your making F and my D uses the same cowling D52. The problem with this parts is, that it is a double cone, so the front diameter and the back diameter are smaller. So the seam between the form halves is in the middle of the cowling. Additionally that sprue D has the the worst mould quality, at least compared to the fantastic other three.
I must admit, I was also irritated but checked then pictures of the original Camel, especially my marking: no seam there! The part look also clean in the Eduard manual. It was easy to sand away the seam.

I know, this was a bit late ... but just a hint for the future ownersbuilders of this kit.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline FAf

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2022, 03:36:56 AM »

But what about your cowling? ???
I think you have not sanded the seam in the middle of the cowling.
The manual states that your making F and my D uses the same cowling D52. The problem with this parts is, that it is a double cone, so the front diameter and the back diameter are smaller. So the seam between the form halves is in the middle of the cowling. Additionally that sprue D has the the worst mould quality, at least compared to the fantastic other three.
I must admit, I was also irritated but checked then pictures of the original Camel, especially my marking: no seam there! The part look also clean in the Eduard manual. It was easy to sand away the seam.

I know, this was a bit late ... but just a hint for the future ownersbuilders of this kit.

Cheers,
Frank

AHH... Maybe it isn't too late... off to the basement in a bit. That seam was so heavy and good at the same time that I didn't think of it as a mold seam.

Thanks for mentioning it!
/F

Bughunter

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2022, 04:59:27 AM »
I will post a explanation about the cowling in my build report.

Another question as you have already the main undercarriage mounted: how strong is that in mounted state?

Cheers,
Frank

Online KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2022, 06:46:05 AM »
That's looking fantastic Fredrik, I'm so excited to see it all coming together! The fact the pilot was a New Zealander has absolutely nothing to do with my interest, of course... ::)

Zac in NZ

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2022, 08:31:36 AM »
Seems to build nicer then their original release which has a few fit issues .

Beautiful work so far Fredrik , looking forward to the completion .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline FAf

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2022, 06:53:40 AM »
It came off! 😀😀😀

That was a couple of days ago and then I went down with a fever... More progress once I've recovered.

Take care!
/Fredrik

Online KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2022, 05:22:30 AM »
Look after yourself Fredrik, I'm happy to wait until you're back on your feet  :)
Zac in NZ

Offline FAf

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2022, 10:09:36 PM »
So, like so many others I fell victim to Covid and wasn't really up to model building for a while. I have recovered and here are a couple of final pictures of my Camel. It's a great kit right out the box and then you could of course do the Frank treatment, but that's a bit out of my league. Pictures are a bit off (learning a new camera) and better ones will be shown in the completed section later.

/Fredrik

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2022, 12:11:20 AM »
Glad to hear you recovered from the big C, Fredrik.  Your model looks extraordinarily good.  The cowling fix looks perfect.