Author Topic: Revells FW 190 A-8 1/32  (Read 7861 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: Revells FW 190 A-8 1/32
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2021, 11:59:28 PM »
Great work, Alexis.  I have the F-8 version and the same PE set.
Following along.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2021, 05:13:33 AM »
Hi Ken ,

I can say that so far the PE parts fit with out having to thin the kit parts . One thing to watch out for is the outer sections of the bay , If these parts aren't rolled right the others will not fit . I messed a bit on the leading edge of the wing . It is a weird shape and I had troubles with the shape on getting it correct . Some trimming on the formers were need and is hidden which work out for in the end .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2021, 06:34:57 AM »
Have missed your recent progress on this one Alexis so I have just read through and caught up. How anyone can spand time adding all of that PE is beyond my understanding - even though it is adding much to the model. I just would not have the patience!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2021, 10:26:22 PM »
Hey Stephen ,

I don't have the Patience for most of it , I always lose one or two of the tiny parts and most of those now I won't use .
I don't understand why I use so much of it , it can be frustrating at times but I still have my sanity and my hair !

There is only more kit's like this in 32 scale which I have more then the kitchen sink tossed in . F4U-1A , P-51D and a P-51B . 48 Scale I have about 8 more projects that same , tons of PE and resin for them . All other kits will be built out of the box with the exception for some of my WW 1 kits which will get detail .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2021, 08:36:01 AM »
I think we all use It (PE) the same insane reasons with a touch self torture/pleasue.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2021, 11:33:27 AM »
Other than tons of sanding not much progress has been made , but the gun pods are sanded down as far as I can take them . Any thinner will cause me sand through the underside of them . Inside of the wings I still have a fair bit of thinning , but this stage is getting there . The wing panels covers are larger on the kit . The resin replacements are smaller so I will need to square off the cut out in the top wing . The covers do match the cutouts on the fuselage sides so no work needed there . I'm used to this with Aries resin , and I'm lucky I still have my hair ! , but they do have beautiful replacement sets . 

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2021, 12:25:32 AM »
You are really putting in a lot of work on this one Alexis. I am sure the results will be worth the effort!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2021, 10:09:28 AM »
Thanks Rick ,

I finally got the right side gun bay where it fits but I still have a bit of work on the wing cut out but that is just gluing another piece of plastic on the rear of the opening . I can more over to the left side but the cutting out the panel I will do this different so I don't have to box it in .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2021, 03:59:25 AM »
Some tricky cutting and fitting Alexis, but it is coming together well.

Stephen.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »
Some tricky cutting and fitting Alexis, but it is coming together well.

Stephen.

Agreed!  This should look great when done, Alexis.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2021, 08:13:14 AM »
Hi Stephen and Dave , thank you so much for following still !

More time was spent on the left side and by george I think she's git it !!! This was a heck of a lot of sanding on getting these to fit . The plastic is so thin in some areas just a sneeze is enough to cause damage . Little more work on the top part of the wings . I over sanded on the right side cut cut out and need to add another stripe of card stock . Smoothing and blending this in better will get done when rest of the seems get filled and I will have to scribe new panel lines . Few more PE parts I need to add on to the fire wall then it is off to painting the interior parts and a bit of assembly . Once this stage is reached it's landing flaps and upper guns !

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2021, 08:13:41 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2021, 10:17:29 PM »
That is a lot of work but will be worth it in the end! Nice progress Alexis!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2021, 03:59:42 AM »
This one reads as though it is a bit more than a walk in the park.... However with all the sanding and scraping it is shaping into a really interesting looking model. Keep at it Alexis - you are winning!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2021, 08:30:39 PM »
Thanks Rick and Stephen . Bit more tweaking was done for a better fit and just need to fill the half circle on the left side of the top wing . Rest of the resin parts are added to the gun pods and the front of the fire wall is done . Today I will start getting the base colours are and maybe a jump on the detail painting . Will have some progress photo's later today .

Hi Stephen , yeah it is more than a walk in park ...it's a hike up the mountain !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch