Author Topic: Revells FW 190 A-8 1/32  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Revells FW 190 A-8 1/32
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 05:01:17 AM »
I have Steve , but at this time I will pass on those . I have riveting tools already in the tool box , but I'm not doing full rivets ...I like my hair and don't want to be driven mad if a row didn't turn out like I was planning on .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2021, 07:32:37 AM »
Made a start on cleaning up the resin parts for the cockpit and started with assembly . Still have to build the rudder pedals , each one is 3 PE parts . I do have to added PE parts to the instrument panels but this will get done after painting and decaling . I place them now and they will going flying and I really don't feel like finding it in my hair later  ::)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 05:43:46 AM »
Alexis,

Are you in a competition with Rick to see who can build the most models to the highest standard in the shortest time? I am like Lance in that I am left breathless trying to keep up with all of your builds!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 06:59:45 AM »
Thanks Stephen , always a pleasure having follow along and giving support  :)

This won't be done any time soon . There is lots involved in getting everything to fit and planning out in the order for adding all this aftermarket . In for a penny , in for a pound !

In all honesty guys , I only have two builds going right now . Shelf queens can wait until the desire comes back to finish them .
But I do appreciate the support and encouragement it has been a tremendous help too me  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 05:57:41 PM »
I’m watching too  :)

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 11:01:19 AM »
While stuff is drying on the Fokker work continues with getting the rudder pedals built and installed . This are three PE parts each and the mounting points are very small for them ! Cockpit parts are ready for paint now but before I whip out the paint first things first .

Tail wheel assembly is also set for paint , and I'm still thinning down the area where this mounts . Just a little more thinning to go and she will fit nice and snug ! Next are to build upis the top gun deck and engine retaining wall which is also part of the wheel well . This part will get the PE items . The resin gun deck will get added later .

There is still the gun bays in the wings and with these being Aires I know fit issues are going to be waiting for me . I will tackle these once I know how more room I have to work with .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 11:01:41 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 11:02:04 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Borsos

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 07:23:03 PM »
Wow, there‘s an impressive amount of details in the cockpit and the wheel bays. I cross my fingers for a good fit in spite of being Aires...
Best regards,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Monty

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 12:37:03 AM »
Nice details there, Alexis! A lot of resin for sure, I always double-check Aires for fit! Regards, Marc.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 02:32:07 AM »
Hi Andreas and Marc ,

Yes there is a little bit of resin for this one I admit and I do like the Eduard Resin sets , they are the best when it comes to detail and it is a drop fit for the most part .

I have been using Aires resin for well over 30 years and I don't ever recall an item fitting right . But yet they have really good detail as well . Have always seem to make them fit in the end ....knocks on wood  ;)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 04:19:39 AM »
Some super detailing there Alexis. I for one would have thrown a good portion of that PE in the bin I am afraid as I have little patience with it.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 09:58:43 PM »
Thanks Stephen , there is some which will not be used ...just to small !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 09:57:34 AM »
One of the detail which needed to be done now to make sure that they will not interfere with the other detail sets . Three fuel re-filling ports are opened up . The two on the left side I have some touch ups with the shape . Dermal tool got away on me and took some damage .

Fire wall and landing gear wells are underway with the main PE parts being place for test fitting . So far that looks very promising so I can add the rest of the PE and other detail bits and set it aside for paint later . Next will the cutting and fitting the wing cannons into the wings

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2021, 09:57:59 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch