Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane *Flamer  (Read 5378 times)

Offline hrcoleman66

Re: Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane *Tail Feathers
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2021, 06:54:38 AM »
Thank you again  :)

But... unfortunately I’ve had the usual disaster - attaching the wings - despite drilled holes and pins which were all test fitted I somehow managed to muck it up  :P broke a strut, cursed a lot then the whole thing collapsed! Walked away, but when I came back to fix it the same thing happened “@#£&”

I do seem cursed lately, I just can’t seem to either finish a kit or finish it to my satisfaction. At this rate my cabinet is going to take a very long time to fill up!

I really want it filled with WW1 models, but I’m struggling at the moment. Not sure where to go next. I’m tempted to get another Tamiya ‘shake n’ bake’ to to get something finished. Or my Eduard Albatros - if that ends up in flames then I really will be at a loss!

Disappointed Guy  ???

Sorry to hear Guy.

Maybe the Tamiya Swordfish?  Staying in theme at least.

Cheers,

Hugh

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane *Flamer
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2021, 09:59:49 AM »
   I'm with the others Guy, place it carefully aside, it will seem much easier another day! I'd say find another project that is destined for your cabinet, relax, and enjoy the Build. Don't question yourself for sure, this one was at the 'magnificent" stage before the bump in the road, and it will be recoverable I'm certain. We all are our own strongest critics, your models are exceptional in all of our views! :) :) :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2021, 04:48:07 PM »
Thanks so much everyone!

Wise words indeed. It is recoverable if I’m being honest, but it’s, as you’ve advised, back in the box for another day. I just get so frustrated at my own ham fistedness! Also, once a model is ‘tainted’ I just want to crack open a shiny new box! My modelling psyche is flawed!

Hugh - you must be psychic! That is indeed on my radar at the moment  ;) I’ve got a nice stash of kits but I still want to buy something new!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2021, 07:01:01 AM »
Just catching up Guy - sorry to read that you have had a hump in the road. However I too would put it to one side for a while and come back to it later. Being ham-fisted is not unique to you - I too could write a book on the subject, and as Lance has written, we are our own worst critics.

A Swordfish build would be worth following: and as others have written would still be a biplane so a real aeroplane.

Stephen.

Bughunter

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »
Sorry about that Guy!
The old struts in 1/48  are very filigree and damageable ???
I tried to be very relaxed and working slow and careful, and still mishaps happen.
It is good that you get some distance to it!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2021, 01:37:12 AM »
Sorry to hear about your mishap, Guy. Broken struts are not the easiest things to fix, for sure. You could always build a tank to sooth your jangled nerves! ::) Keep calm and model on...
Cheers,
Gary