Author Topic: Roden SPAD VII 19 Sq. RFC 1/32nd scale:SPAD VII Lafayette:Nieuport 28 94th Aero  (Read 47283 times)

Offline RAGIII

Excellent job on the rigging Rick . I think you should do the wrapping on the double wires . It really adds to the overall effect . But if you choose not to , still looks cool  :)

Alexis

Thanks Alexis. I just realized I forgot the rudder control lines so will do those later today. I will fill the double lines....eventually  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gedmundson

Excellent work as always, Rick.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline RAGIII

Excellent work as always, Rick.
Cheers,
Gary

Thanks Gary!
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

and so it begins: Five hours to do a simple job! I used Aviattic Lozenge decals. I really needed a "Hotter" setting solution to get the strips to wrap easily around the wires. If I do another filled wire bird I will use Aviattic Wood Grain and Make Sure I have some Solvaset on Hand. Tomorrow I tackle the two rear sets  ::)
RAGIII

PS: I obviously will need to paint the wood and steel once all is done  8)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
That 5 hours paid off!!

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
I would have had to hold my breath on applying those ...would have to hold it afterwards too ! Turned out really well so far Rick .

PS , Tamiya thinner X-20A works like a treat for decal sol on Aviattic's decals  ;) little goes along way ....

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

That 5 hours paid off!!

Steve

Thanks Steve, I hope you are right  8) I wish I had been smart enough not to attach and secure the single wires in the rear. It is going to make it difficult to reach the other two sets that need to be wrapped   :-[
RAGIII

I would have had to hold my breath on applying those ...would have to hold it afterwards too ! Turned out really well so far Rick .

PS , Tamiya thinner X-20A works like a treat for decal sol on Aviattic's decals  ;) little goes along way ....

Alexis

Thanks Alexis! I have some X20A on hand so I will give it a try later today!
RAGIII

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
You keep amazing me Rick!

As Alexis said, I wouldn't even dare to breath while applying those lozenge decals.

They are even breathtaking looking at them!

Willem

Offline RAGIII

You keep amazing me Rick!

As Alexis said, I wouldn't even dare to breath while applying those lozenge decals.

They are even breathtaking looking at them!

Willem

I did hold My Breath a LOT! I also used 4 x 12 ounce cans of courage/ Nerve enhancer  ::)
RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:37:09 AM by RAGIII »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
liquid courage helps us in more ways than one  ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

That is amazing Rick - to wrap those double wires may have taken a lot of time but it was worth it. I have to admit that I would not have done so and defied anyone to notice!

Stephen.

PS where do you buy your cans of courage from? I could do with a supply.

Offline gedmundson

Nice job Rick!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Wow, great job on these damned double wires. Fingers crossed for the next stage.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline RAGIII

That is amazing Rick - to wrap those double wires may have taken a lot of time but it was worth it. I have to admit that I would not have done so and defied anyone to notice!

Stephen.

PS where do you buy your cans of courage from? I could do with a supply.

Thanks Stephen. The Liquid courage is readily available at Most Grocery stores  8)
RAGIII

Nice job Rick!

Thanks for the comment!
RAGIII

Wow, great job on these damned double wires. Fingers crossed for the next stage.

Thanks Przemo! I also want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Alexis! The Tamiya X20 was the Miracle solution I needed. what took me hours of soaking and prodding yesterday was done in about 20 minutes total today! There is so much we can learn from each other here!
RAGIII

PS: Thanks also to Lance for the decal idea!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 08:39:17 AM by RAGIII »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Very convincing results on the double wires Rick  :) I will also use Tamiya thin glue , but this can ruin your work very quickly if too much is applied and I have had that happen before  ::)

Those are going to look really nice once painted up which I'm looking forward to seeing  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch