Author Topic: Eduard’s Udet’s Trio ‘Du Noch Nicht!!’ 1/48 *Picture  (Read 11176 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Eduard’s Udet’s Trio ‘Du Noch Nicht!!’ 1/48
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2021, 12:19:47 AM »
Following Ken's comments , that is some really nice clean work Guy , pit looks lovely ! :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2021, 02:51:42 AM »
For an OOTB cockpit that is beautiful, Guy! Whichever Udet colour scheme you eventually choose, it will be great! (Those fine, tiny little details can be fudged!) Regards, Marc.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2021, 04:26:15 AM »
Ah,

Thanks Monty, Alexis & Ken  ;) that’s kind of you all.

And thank you Rick, that’s helped a lot, I will do the said later camouflaged wing ‘F’ but fudge it with the high exhaust. That’s a perfectly adequate outcome for me! Phew, back on track.

I have started the engine - it looked really good painted, but I tried to tone it down a bit as it was looking too ‘new’ however it then looked too muted, so I’ve stripped it back and started again. I haven’t finished it yet but here was the first attempt:

Note the low exhaust which will now be binned.

Guy

Ps now I’ve seen the picture again, it doesn’t look as bad as I thought! Anyway, it’s been stripped now  ::)
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Bughunter

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2021, 06:43:53 AM »
It seems you are able to show a own style of painting in 1/48, which is a great thing!

I’m quite enjoying 1/48 for a change, big enough to have a bit of detail but small enough that you don’t need to go crazy (unless your name’s Frank).
Yes. No one is useless. He can still serve as a bad example. ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline hrcoleman66

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2021, 07:41:07 AM »
"Ps now I’ve seen the picture again, it doesn’t look as bad as I thought! Anyway, it’s been stripped now"

That was a very effective paint job on the engine I thought.  And filter or wash would have finished it nicely.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2021, 04:49:25 PM »
Very clean work on your cockpit. I agree with Rick about the engine: if you don't tell is not a BMW, no one will notice. IMHO operative machines could also have their engines changed with different types from time to time...
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2021, 07:24:52 PM »
Thanks,

Hugh, yes, but to be fair it looked better in the photo than in the flesh. The new version will be a bit cleaner cut. I’m tending to draw back a bit from weathering these days. I’ve just decided I like a cleaner look. When I walked around competition tables, I was always drawn to the neat, fresh looking models - subjective I know... that said, I’m always impressed by a beautifully weathered aircraft - but it’s harder than it looks to get absolutely right, and if it’s not quite right, then it spoils a model IMHO.

Thanks Giuseppe, it won’t bother me at all, but I realise it may bother others! Anyway, the whole aim of the exercise is just to look nice in my new display cabinet (coming in April)  ;) nothing more.

Guy

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 12:58:23 AM »

I’m tending to draw back a bit from weathering these days. I’ve just decided I like a cleaner look. When I walked around competition tables, I was always drawn to the neat, fresh looking models - subjective I know... that said, I’m always impressed by a beautifully weathered aircraft - but it’s harder than it looks to get absolutely right, and if it’s not quite right, then it spoils a model IMHO.

Guy
I had to smile when I read this as it's just the opposite of where I'm at. I used to build trying to make it look pristine and now I strive for the "used but not abused" look. I must agree Guy that the weathering needs to look correct to be convincing which is where the "art" of modelling comes into play. If it's done haphazard, then it looks like sloppy work. I do find it satisfying when I think I've gotten it right. Just goes to show that there's a place for all styles of modelling in our hobby.

Keep up the good work.  8)

Chuck

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2021, 07:31:55 AM »
Hi Chuck,

Yes, I don’t disagree at all. It certainly is an art.

Here’s my engine MkII, I guess most will prefer MkI, but it does look neater on the bench..

Guy

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 07:55:25 AM »
Fantastic outcome with the engine Guy  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline FAf

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 08:53:14 PM »
Looking good! It is difficult to say which one is better when you only have photos to judge from, so as long as you are happy that's the best outcome!

/Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 09:55:04 PM »
Your engine looks excellent. Like Fredrik said as long as you are happy with it then it is Great!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2021, 04:34:23 AM »
Remember that much of the engine will be concealed so if it is not "just right" very few will notice. Similarly with the exhaust - how many observers are going to know? One of the advantages of the True Scale is that it is easier to fudge some of these points - even fewer people notice them!

The cockpit looks really good and the engine likewise.

Stephen.

Bughunter

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2021, 05:39:13 AM »
... and the intake pipes are no more brass now ;)
You continued with you own style (this is somehow a "disadvantage" of WNW: if you go to an exhibition, you will see all those perfect build WNW, because already the kit is perfect. So you can't say from viewing a model, who has build it.)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2021, 06:12:20 AM »
Thanks Alexis, Fredrik, Rick, Stephen & Frank  ;)

I think you’re spot on there Frank. I quite like seeing a model and knowing who built it.

I know it’s not ‘correct’ but I quite enjoy just painting to please my eye!

Guy