Author Topic: Eduard’s Udet’s Trio ‘Du Noch Nicht!!’ 1/48 *Picture  (Read 11073 times)

Offline gbrivio

Re: Eduard’s Udet’s Trio ‘Du Noch Nicht!!’ 1/48
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
The Fokkers are so eyecatching and also straightforward kits. But with my many open, unfinished builds I have very little if anything to say...  ;D ;D ;D
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 11:00:57 PM »
D.7 ....nuff said  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 12:44:33 AM »
Hi,

Your wish is my command Alexis  :D D.VII it is.

I’ve actually made a start! Whatever next  ;D

I thought I’d ordered the Aviattic lozenge for the Fokker, but I seem to have the Albatross lozenge instead - which is a slight pain as I’m planning on a non lozenge Albatros! Don’t know how I got mixed up on that. I may order the D.VII one as well, unless anyone wants a swop? Faded. I just opened up the boxing properly to have a pre look, but ended up sticking some wings together.

The boxing comes with a (rather lovely) seated resin Mr. Udet, specifically for the D.VII and if you choose to use him, there’s a slightly different resin cockpit layout to use also. So although he goes in post build you do need to commit to which option pre build. He’s so nice I’m leaning towards using him?

Anyway, the kit looks really nice. Coloured PE, wheel masks, extensive (really) decal sheet (2 Udet options) with not bad lozenge. Anyone built one?

I think I’m building the red fuselaged one but probably not the candy stripe wing - maybe this one:

As always, any input most welcome.

Guy

“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 12:40:25 AM »
Nice start. That figure looks awesome! Too bad no one does a decent Udet in 1/32nd scale  :-[ I am looking forward to your further progress!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 12:46:57 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline FAf

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 02:45:42 AM »
Hi Guy!

Great to see some progress, but I hope it won't stop you from finishing the kitchen. We've lived in our house for 18 years but there are some (some would say a lot) of finishing touches left undone still... Maybe this summer?!

Great choice of livery and everything can be painted if you want to. But then again there is that problem of masking on top of the lozenge.

Looking forward to the rest!
/Fredrik

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 03:06:45 AM »
See how easy life is when you listen to the Woman  ;)

Progress is progress no matter how slow it many seem , before long you will be back into the swing of building and will be turning them out at a fast pace  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2021, 05:28:49 AM »
Ah thanks Rick  ;)

Great choice of livery and everything can be painted if you want to. But then again there is that problem of masking on top of the lozenge.

/Fredrik

Frederick, yes, but I’m not going to risk masking on lozenge! I’ve tried that before.... I can still mask the fuselage though...  ;D

See how easy life is when you listen to the Woman  ;)

Alexis

Alexis, yes excellent advice!  ;D I wish I’d learned that earlier in life  ???

So I’m having lots of fun already (I really did miss my modelling). The lozenged version of the red fuselaged LO! seems to have had the engine cowlings removed. I was going to go for a simple as possible build, but I do really like this look so I’ve tried my hand at a little surgery... I think it will look quite cool and it might be possible to put the engine in after the main building/ painting process which could be an advantage.

Guy

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 05:40:11 AM »
Nice clean work on removing the panels! You are moving right along with this one  8)
RAGIII

Offline FAf

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2021, 04:43:38 PM »

Frederick, yes, but I’m not going to risk masking on lozenge! I’ve tried that before.... I can still mask the fuselage though...  ;D

I think that is the sane option! It is good to learn from experience,. I should try that myself some day... 🤪

Good job on the removal of the engine panels.

/Fredrik

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »

Morning all,

I’m suddenly a bit confused...  ???

Is the candy stripe wing the same aircraft as the Wingnut Wings camouflaged wing? ie 4253/18? I assumed it was.. but the Eduard boxing has the low exhausts poking out of the central hole in the cowling, whereas the WW instructions show a high mounted (standard) exhaust?

As you may know, I’m not one to be that bothered by total accuracy as long as it looks right! I’d much rather see a beautifully finished model than a ‘correct’ lesser model, I realise you can do both of course!  :P

Guy

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 02:00:39 AM »
Afternoon all,

A progress update!

I’m quite enjoying 1/48 for a change, big enough to have a bit of detail but small enough that you don’t need to go crazy (unless your name’s Frank). Although, as is my modus operandi - I’ve not added anything at all to the cockpit - The resin figure will all but obliterate any views inside. So out of the box:

It all went together very nicely.

As far as I can tell the camouflaged and striped wing are the same aircraft? Although I’ve seen the striped wing one labelled as a Fokker and Eduard have it as an OAW versioned D.VII?

Guy

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2021, 02:16:01 AM »

Morning all,

I’m suddenly a bit confused...  ???

Is the candy stripe wing the same aircraft as the Wingnut Wings camouflaged wing? ie 4253/18? I assumed it was.. but the Eduard boxing has the low exhausts poking out of the central hole in the cowling, whereas the WW instructions show a high mounted (standard) exhaust?

As you may know, I’m not one to be that bothered by total accuracy as long as it looks right! I’d much rather see a beautifully finished model than a ‘correct’ lesser model, I realise you can do both of course!  :P

Guy

Not the same aircraft Guy. The Candy striped wing was either Early Fokker or OAW built, depending on what sources you want to believe. It would have had the downward exhaust either way. The other was a later BMW engined Fokker built bird. IHTH,
RAGIII

PS: Your interior is looking Fantastic!

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2021, 06:10:42 AM »

Not the same aircraft Guy. The Candy striped wing was either Early Fokker or OAW built, depending on what sources you want to believe. It would have had the downward exhaust either way. The other was a later BMW engined Fokker built bird. IHTH,
RAGIII

Ah, Rick, that now all makes sense. I think I just made a subconscious assumption that it was the same aircraft with a different wing. Doh.

That puts a bit of a spanner in the works as I’ve now ordered the Aviattic lozenge. So I either now do the candy stripe/ pretend I hadn’t noticed/ use the higher standard exhaust and hope it passes of as an ‘F’/ do a totally different scheme...  :P

Was it only his aircraft that had a red fuselage or would it have been Staffel wide?

Chastened Guy

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2021, 06:16:22 AM »

RAGIII

Ah, Rick, that now all makes sense. I think I just made a subconscious assumption that it was the same aircraft with a different wing. Doh.

That puts a bit of a spanner in the works as I’ve now ordered the Aviattic lozenge. So I either now do the candy stripe/ pretend I hadn’t noticed/ use the higher standard exhaust and hope it passes of as an ‘F’/ do a totally different scheme...  :P

Was it only his aircraft that had a red fuselage or would it have been Staffel wide?

Chastened Guy

Only Udet  and perhaps Heinz Dreckman. If it were My Model I would just do 4253 with standard exhaust and call it good. I do think Roden did a BMW engine so perhaps someone has a spare? If not just dare anyone to notice  ::)
RAGIII

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2021, 10:57:00 PM »
A superbly clean interior, Guy.  Realistic wood grain on the cockpit floor.  Well done.