Author Topic: N-17 Triplane 1/48  (Read 13554 times)

Bughunter

Re: N-17 Triplane 1/48
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 04:07:41 AM »
Beware of the people you associate with - it rubs off ...  ;D

Great detail work!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2020, 07:01:59 PM »
Thanks Frank  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »
Today I work on getting rest of the details made . Ammo bin , tac , shell ejection tube , and some more frameing . Cross bar in front of pilot and behind the seat a few cross members set back to line up with the top wing struts .

Up next ...paint !

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »
Nice scratchbuilding and detailing.  I think ww1 planes in 1:32 aren't to big so i have a lot of respect for people who are building in a smaller scale and adding a lot of details like you do.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2020, 11:02:21 PM »
Great scratchbuilding, T. 

If you haven't built the engine yet, and there's a question of whether it will fit in the cowling, you may consider shortening the cylinders at the base.  The pushrods will need to be adjusted, but seems it would be easy.  I'm considering doing this on future builds to ensure the cowling fits round the engine.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2020, 01:16:49 AM »
As usual your scratch built additions are looking great Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2020, 04:27:30 AM »
I am still trying to get over the fact that the designers of this machine were not on something exotic at the time!

The extra details look super Terri - only problem is will we be able to see them when it is finished?

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2020, 10:33:23 AM »
Thanks guys for the kind comments  :)

Was a good day with the airbrush and got a fair bit done . Wood effect I used pencil crayons and a dray brushing with paint using Tamiya red brown . Side walls , seat and struts I sprayed them Tamiya clear yellow while the lower wing , floor and ammo bin Taniya clear orange with a touch of smoke . These were built up in layers and will need a few days to fully harden . A wash will be applied and a final sealing coat . While that is drying I make a start on painting some of the smaller details and can jump to other parts for clean up and detailing . Engine is also painted minus the induction pipes and I still have to make the push rods .

Ken , I'm about to start getting the engine built and will do a test with three of the cylinders , I don't mind if I have to thin the cowl . Really don't want to have to lose the engine detail .

Stephen , yes most of it will not been seen , but I know it's there and it's good to keep up ones skills  ;)

Terri

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:51:21 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2020, 10:33:50 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2020, 10:34:15 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2020, 12:08:15 PM »
Nothing like the smell of paint to get the juices flowing . Was able to get the detail painting done on the cockpit parts and ready to start the weathering once the paint has fully dried .

Wood grain effect continues on the wing struts and the prop is ready for a few coats of clear orange tinted with a touch of brown .

While some of this stuff was curing the openings for the control wires were cleaned out and hinge detail added with a hinge bar replacing the Eduard molding . Once the hinges where dry I sanded them back a bit to smooth out the edges . Under carriage legs work on as well . Cutting out the axle bar plates took a few tries before I cut the cut out right .

The engine will not fit inside the cowl and will have to be thinned . Before that starts the part which makes up the cooling holes needed to be glued in place and the outer seems cleaned up . That is now done and I can start the thinning process .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2020, 12:09:03 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 12:00:34 AM »
You have been quite busy Terri! I love the wood effect, especially the hint of the slanted strips in the forward portion. The details you have added are fantastic as always!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 01:14:11 AM »
Hi Rick , thanks for the very kind comments and for tagging along still  :)

I was surprised at how much I did . I only spend a few hours in the afternoon . After getting laid off I figured I would have more bench time to work on projects ...I was wrong  ::)

With it being a small scale I was figuring that just a hit of the slanted effect on the sides would be better . Don't think it would look right with more of the effect added .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch