Author Topic: N-17 Triplane 1/48  (Read 13581 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
N-17 Triplane 1/48
« on: October 21, 2020, 12:10:43 PM »
I just can't help myself and come at the end of the month I will have plenty of time on my hands and with the Camel almost finished up .

Armed with scale drawings and resized to 48 , the wings and struts will be scratched built and for the pit , well just have to see where that leads me .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

Re: N-17 Triplane 1/48
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:20:11 PM »
Terri,
I’m ready for the show. This will be another great one.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Old Man

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »
Looking forward to this, Ma'am.

An interesting project.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 01:32:38 PM »
Gee Kevin , I hope you have your popcorn and Pepsi , this could be entertaining enough de under ..it's epic !!!! ( in a echoing voice )
And I do hope that you aren't one of those coke lovers of such ....man that is nasty stuff ! Last time I had a glass of coke I ended up with ice clubs up my nose . Let me tell you , tossed a monkey wrench in my even plans  ;)

Oldman , I do have a few interesting Triplanes in the stash . They are rather neat and then there are some real questionable ones . Glad to have you tagging a long  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline FAf

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »
Will stay riveted to the screen, as always!
/Fredrik

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 11:29:45 PM »
 8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 04:38:10 AM »
Oh Terri, this would call for a mini Group Build :)
I also plan to build this Triplane but with a Eduard Profipack as base and with help by the SPIN model conversion kit:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/spin-model-k4804-nieuport-triplane-ni-17-fuselage--627008

SPIN released some triplane conversion kits, the Pfalz Experimental I build already and there is another set for the Nieuport 10.
The 10 Triplane was done prior the 17.

According to wikipedia there were two 17 and one converted from 17bis, there is also a good quality picture linked.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nieuport_Triplane
Same info on French Aircraft book, two with 110hp Le Rhone 9J (one was N1388) and one with 130hp Clerget (N521)
The drawings of both 17 are different (see the page below)

Another page with pictures and drawings in Russia:
https://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft25741.htm

But I'm working to slow for a group build. Your bird would be ready if my fuselage halves are glued together ::)
So I will watch and learn for my (later) build.

Have fun,
Frank

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 02:51:53 AM »
OOOh it looks as though the triplane craze has been resurrected after a century! I will be following along with this one too - most interesting and completely new to me (surprised?)

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 01:34:38 AM »
Hi Frank ,

Spin Models has a few neat subjects for conversions and other kit's as well . Thanks for the links , already have been rounding up info for the build but I still need to see if I will have enough decals . Haven't even looked yet ! I do a few PE items for the pit , but I just might scratch build it all .

Stephen , I would say you started the craze , I'm just following your lead  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 02:15:23 AM »
Terri, good point with the decals!
I merged the decal sets of two Profipacks, so I hope those will be enough.
The plan is to convert the other Profipack into a Nieuport as shown in a WWI Comic as for that project I need special decals (as usual, a lot more ideas than time) ::)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Monty

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 06:52:16 AM »
This will be a special build, Terri! Enjoy! Regards, Marc.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »
Hey Frank ,

I'm covered for markings if I go with a PC scheme , It will go with my Sopwith Triplane .

Thanks Marc  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 12:30:01 PM »
Haven't forgotten about this one and will get started soon just waiting for a few items . A member has kindly offered Spin Models Conversion and a friend has sent me a replacement engine and gun .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »
With the evil camel out of hair I made a start on getting the parts needed for the cockpit and other items freed and ready for clean up . Also finally found my datafile on the Nieuport 17 ! I have a dimple on the right side of the fuselage near the tail which will need to addressed . Having build this kit many times before this is a first for me with a dimple . The halves fit very well still and will be easy cleaning up the seams later . Still waiting for the wings to show up in the mail but I did have another donation for this build show up . Vectors Le Rhone 110 - 120 h.p. Oberursel Ur.II and Gaspatchs French Vickers  :) . I'm hoping the engine will fit inside the cowl with out to much issues .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 09:45:40 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch