Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Bristol F.2b  (Read 5029 times)

Online FAf

Re: Eduard 1/48 Bristol F.2b
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 10:48:50 PM »
Well thank you PrzemoL, Dave, Early Bird Fan, Terri and Richie for your comments and all others who have had a look...

Dave; I don't know if bravery has got anything to do with it... maybe stupidity is a better explanation. This was my fifth topwing placement and they've all been scary. The last one before this was WnW's Pup and that was relatively simple and Eduard could definitely learn something from them about locating pins and holes.

Over in one of Terri's threads (her Dreidecker Pfalz I think) I wrote something about mistakes and two possible ways to view them - one way being that you have to see them and care about them to avoid repeating them, the other way being that the overall impression is more important than a faultless result - or something like that. Well, in this case I'll learn from the mistakes and hope that those that see the end result see the bigger picture, because I discovered a fairly huge mistake in my rigging yesterday and I can't correct it... Next model will be perfect though!  ;) ;D

The rigging is done (even if there's a fault in it)! This last stage involved the controlwires and some others, like the ones from the front of the enginebearers to the top wing. A long copper eyelet and then a Gaspatch resin turnbuckle at the other end.

The rudder has got double wires and this was replicated by simply running the monofilament through the control horn once and then glueing two pieces of tube paralell to each other. Both rudder and elevator control cables have turnbuckles which were a bit fiddly to attach but they do add a lot of interest to the model.

What's left? There are quite a lot of details to be painted and it still need wheels and there's the gun mount to be placed. Not too much. Next stop Completed models section?!

Cheers
Fredrik

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:37:33 PM by FAf »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 11:39:57 PM »
Amazing details on the rigging! Superb work  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Old Man

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 12:06:59 AM »
Splendid work, Sir!

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 01:02:33 AM »
the rigging looks amazing  8)

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 01:37:14 AM »
Honestly Fredrik,

That is superbly rigged in 1/48th Scale - that’s not easy to do!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
Hey Fredrik ,

I guess in the end if one is happy with the results of the finished project the next one will be better . Really nice job on the rigging . How to find the resin turnbuckles ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online FAf

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »
Thanks for the support guys! Not quite finished but very near and next stop will be the completed section. One last picture here if you look below...

Hey Fredrik ,

I guess in the end if one is happy with the results of the finished project the next one will be better . Really nice job on the rigging . How to find the resin turnbuckles ?

Terri

Thanks Terri! I think you're right and if you can't see the bigger picture then you would have to bin every model as soon as you make a mistake - not really sustainable that!

The turnbuckles are from Gaspatch. I've been ordering directly from their website - http://www.gaspatchmodels.com/. And I've got both their resin and metal versions. By the way they are Type C turnbuckles with an eye in each end and then I've added a copper wire eyelet to one end if needed.

Final WIP picture...

/Fredrik

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
Fredrik,

That is superb!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »
Hats off!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 11:39:57 PM »
Beautiful Results Fredrik!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2020, 08:01:24 PM »
A very nice Bristol! I like your paint work.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2020, 10:34:09 PM »
She is fantastic ! :) But I'm going through picture withdraw and that's not a good thing ....need more photo's ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 02:41:56 AM »
I have not dropped by recently Frederik, so I have just caught up. That is truly a first class model - a winner if ever I saw one. I doubt wheterh anyone will notice the rigging error - unless it is pointed out to them. That is a model to be proud of.

Stephen.

Online FAf

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 07:19:50 AM »
She is fantastic ! :) But I'm going through picture withdraw and that's not a good thing ....need more photo's ;)

Terri

Terri, I've got them in the camera. I just haven't had time to put them into the computer yet. Maybe tomorrow, but then in the finished section.

/Fredrik

Online FAf

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 07:30:22 AM »
I have not dropped by recently Frederik, so I have just caught up. That is truly a first class model - a winner if ever I saw one. I doubt wheterh anyone will notice the rigging error - unless it is pointed out to them. That is a model to be proud of.

Stephen.

Thank you Guy, Rick, Frank, Terri and Stephen!
I don't know if she's a winner as there are a few more issues apart from the rigging mishap, but I'm really happy with the end result! It'll probably be me telling people what's wrong. It's a bit like when you've redecorated a room and people say how good it looks and you can't help but say 'Thank you, but if you look here you can see the misalignment of the wallpapers.' 😃